AB Thinks He Doesn't Need It, He's a Millionaire !!

54 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

But you dont need it either..charity maybe?

Apparently we have different definitions of “need”. 

I’m all for charity, and hope to have enough money that I can buy my way into heaven....I’m thinking it’s my only shot to avoid being separated from my wife down the road.....

42 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

NFL contracts are NOT guaranteed.

No they are NOT for a lot of players not make effort if not in mood.

18 minutes ago, Augie said:

Apparently we have different definitions of “need”. 

I’m all for charity, and hope to have enough money that I can buy my way into heaven....I’m thinking it’s my only shot to avoid being separated from my wife down the road.....

Maybe you need to have your wife do some bad and/or naughty things like kneeling that way you can meet in purgatory.

• Like (+1) 1

Most of Brown's salary is guaranteed for the next 2 years, so it's unlikely that what he blabs about in the offseason will cost him a dime. What's more likely is that he drives down his trade value, thereby screwing over the Steelers & possibly forcing them to trade him to a better team (with a later draft pick).  It could be pure genius.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo86 said:

Most of Brown's salary is guaranteed for the next 2 years, so it's unlikely that what he blabs about in the offseason will cost him a dime. What's more likely is that he drives down his trade value, thereby screwing over the Steelers & possibly forcing them to trade him to a better team (with a later draft pick).  It could be pure genius.

his contract has virtually NO guaranteed money save for a 2.5 mill roster bonus for 2019. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/antonio-brown-6702/

That is why he is all out there stating he needs guaranteed money to move to new team. IE : he wants and demands new deal, and wants market rate.

Right now team receiving him in a trade is only on the hook for 2.5 million guaranteed in 1st year and nothing guaranteed for year 2 and 3.

I still think his end game is to refuse to report to new team and force a release.

4 minutes ago, cba fan said:

his contract has virtually NO guaranteed money save for a 2.5 mill roster bonus for 2019. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/antonio-brown-6702/

That is why he is all out there stating he needs guaranteed money to move to new team. IE : he wants and demands new deal, and wants market rate.

Right now team receiving him in a trade is only on the hook for 2.5 million guaranteed in 1st year and nothing guaranteed for year 2 and 3.

I still think his end game is to refuse to report to new team and force a release.

My bad; I think I was looking at dead cap. :D  

• Like (+1) 1

Sounds like he's just saying he's proud of what he's done and (being cryptic) doesn't have anything to prove to people anymore. Doesn't need to keep playing. But he really wants to.

Tons of players who have accomplished as much will say this in a less eccentric way in the midlife crisis of their career. Dude just went kind of Kanye West on this whole interview is all.

Also I'd wager he's pulling strings on how he's going to escape this Steelers mess.  Boy's gonna one up LeVeon

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

7 hours ago, BillsSB2020 said:

So we don't like capitalism? I have no problem with a player maximizing their bank account. They play a game that can severely impact one's quality of life down the road.

I felt the same way about how I saw LeVeon approach free agency. He REALLY wanted to hit the market with as best value as possible.

... And the Steelers probably could have used him and he could have gotten some easy dough but no way with half that team throwing him under the bus over 10 weeks including OL.. virtually unprecedented for players to spite a teammate looking for money.

Could have used Brown if they coddled him a bit (you KNOW other franchises would move heaven and Earth over there). It's the culture of Big Ben in that town and Brown found it hella annoying.

Now they're probably going to suck haha 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

The guy was treated badly by his QB and his coach. He wants out. 

Treated badly by his QB??  His QB created him out of a 6th round pick.

His next QB won't be nearly as good to AB in that regard as Ben was.  Look for AB to publicly crap on his next QB for not providing him with endless 1200+ seasons...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

His next QB won't be nearly as good to AB in that regard as Ben was.  Look for AB to publicly crap on his next QB for not providing him with endless 1200+ seasons...

I'm with you he forgets that it's not just him that it's all about put him in a offense with Bortels as his QB & see where  he's at after a couple of seasons ! I personally hope that is what happens to him to humble his arrogant ass a bit then maybe he will realize just how good he had it with Ben throwing him the ball .

I think it comes from always being the guy as a young person then the time comes that the other guy that is as good or better than you comes along like Ju Ju & you have to become the really good number 2 & you cry & whine about it rather than being a team guy & here they are ...

While reading this article it's a given that he ain't coming to B/Lo the last verse says it all & i for one am really glad for it !! 

Just read the very last paragraph that will tell us all we need to know about what McD thinks !! 

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/3/5/18248908/brandon-beane-sean-mcdermott-no-place-for-no-1-wide-receiver-nfl-2019-buffalo-bills-head-coach 

• Like (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

59 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

If these guys aren’t going to honor a multi-year deal, why sign it? Why doesn’t AB just go one year contract to one year contract?

that is basically what he has right now. Next 3 years are basically non guaranteed.

Put up or shut up Brown time. 

Since he is such a Magic Johnson type entrepreneur he could just take a few of the millions he saved and buy a string of vary safe money making franchises like McDonalds, Starbucks, Jimmy Johns, Movie theatres, Microbreweries, mustache coloring boutiques, etc etc...and toss in some large apartment complexes....and he will be just fine, starting that up with no debt is the key to profiting handsomely from franchises and property holdings.

Edited by cba fan

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I hate this take. AB created AB. And being a 6th round pick doesn't matter when the camp battles start. It clearly wasn't a problem for AB to rise from a stacked WR group including Hines Ward, Emanuel Sanders (picked in the same draft as AB.. where is he on the Steelers?), and Mike Wallace. Big Ben clearly didn't make the other receivers as good as AB who the Steelers recognized as their priority at receiver while letting the others go.

Terrelle Owens was a late(ish) draft pick that wasn't made by Steve Young. If anything he made Jeff Garcia relevant and went on to have great production with every quarterback he had in his prime.

Yes Ben force feeds his primary WRs. But the Steelers are the best in the business at getting WRs through the draft. Sanders is still productive. Mike Wallace was pretty overrated but has certainly had a few seasons at almost the same clip the he had in his 2 productive years with the Steelers. Ward simply retired, but got plenty of production without Ben. Plaxico Burress wasn't made by Ben (I don't even think their time at the Steelers coincided), and he had just as good seasons with the Giants as a primary (and a absolutely remarkable playoff performance to a SB win) as he did with the Steelers. They draft great WRs.. and they have a good QB. That's all there is to AB, great WR and a great QB.

Really there's just Santonio Holmes who has a very unremarkable career with one good Big Ben season. That's "making a WR". no quarterback makes a WR with 6 consecutive 1200 yard seasons.

JuJu is a good WR in his own right. Ben isn't throwing him 1400 if he's not a good WR. Like.. honestly how does a 6th round pick being successful mean the quarterback made him? lol. He beat out first and second rounders on a roster and was the last standing with a fat contract. I bet AB does fine. He won't be force fed (as much.. maybe) like in Pittsburgh but he certainly will get his season production reduced by at most 200 yards from any Big Ben season with like any top 20 of the 32 quarterbacks in the league.

4 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I hate this take. AB created AB. And being a 6th round pick doesn't matter when the camp battles start. It clearly wasn't a problem for AB to rise from a stacked WR group including Hines Ward, Emanuel Sanders (picked in the same draft as AB.. where is he on the Steelers?), and Mike Wallace. Big Ben clearly didn't make the other receivers as good as AB who the Steelers recognized as their priority at receiver while letting the others go.

Terrelle Owens was a late(ish) draft pick that wasn't made by Steve Young. If anything he made Jeff Garcia relevant and went on to have great production with every quarterback he had in his prime.

Yes Ben force feeds his primary WRs. But the Steelers are the best in the business at getting WRs through the draft. Sanders is still productive. Mike Wallace was pretty overrated but has certainly had a few seasons at almost the same clip the he had in his 2 productive years with the Steelers. Ward simply retired, but got plenty of production without Ben. Plaxico Burress wasn't made by Ben (I don't even think their time at the Steelers coincided), and he had just as good seasons with the Giants as a primary (and a absolutely remarkable playoff performance to a SB win) as he did with the Steelers. They draft great WRs.. and they have a good QB. That's all there is to AB, great WR and a great QB.

Really there's just Santonio Holmes who has a very unremarkable career with one good Big Ben season. That's "making a WR". no quarterback makes a WR with 6 consecutive 1200 yard seasons.

JuJu is a good WR in his own right. Ben isn't throwing him 1400 if he's not a good WR. Like.. honestly how does a 6th round pick being successful mean the quarterback made him? lol. He beat out first and second rounders on a roster and was the last standing with a fat contract. I bet AB does fine. He won't be force fed (as much.. maybe) like in Pittsburgh but he certainly will get his season production reduced by at most 200 yards from any Big Ben season with like any top 20 of the 32 quarterbacks in the league.

You could have missed the point with far fewer words.

Big Ben did nothing to harm poor AB except throw him a million passes.  Now he will toss those to Juju.  AB will be looking back from his next locker room and wondering where all his yards went.

AB is a great WR, but he may never have it as good as the place he has misbehaved out of.  That was the point....

The guy has lost his mind.   Personally I think he is a little over rated too.  Is he talented?  Yes  But he also benefits from having a QB that matches his style.  he likely wont put up the numbers he has in the past on a new team.  I stay away from the clown.

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You could have missed the point with far fewer words.

Big Ben did nothing to harm poor AB except throw him a million passes.  Now he will toss those to Juju.  AB will be looking back from his next locker room and wondering where all his yards went.

AB is a great WR, but he may never have it as good as the place he has misbehaved out of.  That was the point....

Eh I have fun on Pro Football Reference. Well it's easy to miss the point when you say Ben "created [AB] out of a 6th round pick."... WHEN WHAT YOU MEANT TO EXPRESS your point is he's a great WR on his own accord that may get less production from other quarterbacks.

AB prefers more respect from his quarterback. I'm sure there's plenty that can toss up 1200 (if they're not forcing to AB, their doing it wrong), while appreciating him.

I like AB's quote about how he wants criticism, thrives off of it.. but not when given criticism in the media than privately in house than after a loss. I'm sure there's 31 quarterbacks that don't do that sort of thing.. and 20 that can give him a respectable clip no more than 200 below what he's getting now. Whatever. we'll see how he does. I find it hard to imagine he doesn't have a TO career where he really gets production out of most any quarterbacks.

Total nutcase tho. Whatever. Just don't pull a fast one on week 17 and you do you AB.