AB Thinks He Doesn't Need It, He's a Millionaire !!

28 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

Oh boo hoo. Receivers been **** talkers for the longest. If you let these guys get you all worked up, then you sir have thin skin. It’s a friggin game, it’s not like he’s the president. Get a grip guys, I lose no sleep from what these morons say.

it's not a personal issue at all.  it's whether or not he's going to give it his all if/when he's on your team.  what if the bills were to give up picks, take on the salary, and the guy just dogs it here because he doesn't like if for whatever reason.  i don't think he'd do that, but every word that comes out if his mouth makes it seem that way.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Wow over reaction a bit here in this thread to say the least.  

Agreed.

However, AB is creating problems for himself if he really wants a trade.  His comments will only serve to scare some away from doing a deal.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

From all accounts he is hardworking and helps people around him get better (like Juju). 

He quit on his team.  By all accounts, he's a selfish piece of *****.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

Agreed.

However, AB is creating problems for himself if he really wants a trade.  His comments will only serve to scare some away from doing a deal.

Agreed, he really shouldn't keep talking in the midst of the trade before its happened.  It certainly can turn some people off, I mean Giants are rumored to be ready to trade OBJ because they are tired of his public stuff.  

Personally, I really do not think that AB will be a locker room issue.  He strikes me as someone who is sensitive and isn't liking some of the narrative around himself right now but also isn't very eloquent in how he shares his feelings.  So he keeps talking because he wants to defend himself, but because he isn't good at it he is making it seem worse at times.  

I will add though, he has said some good stuff too and I thought he was pretty good on this weeks The Shop on HBO for the most part.  

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I think Brown and his $70m career earnings can handle a mid-level deal.

Is there any amount of previous earnings that can't be quickly burned through with these guys?

Anyway, his stupidity will cost him millions.

1 minute ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Free speech?

How'd that work for Kaep?

I really don't think he (or anyone) should be blacklisted.  It was a tongue-in-cheek comment made in order to make a point.  If he says he doesn't need the NFL because he's such a wonderful entrepreneur, then I'd like to see the NFL call his bluff.

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

How'd that work for Kaep?

I really don't think he (or anyone) should be blacklisted.  It was a tongue-in-cheek comment made in order to make a point.  If he says he doesn't need the NFL because he's such a wonderful entrepreneur, then I'd like to see the NFL call his bluff.

The difference is Antonio Brown is the best player at his position or second best and Kap was league average. 

Antonio Brown is a complete jackass for the record.

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Breaking news: For the first time in NFL history the best WR is a bit of a Diva.  Film at 11... 

Someone will pay him. I agree Buffalo isn’t a good fit for him and vice versa. 

Dingdingding.

33 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Agreed.

this was more my take on it as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't AB the classless piece of garbage who showed up to training camp in some exotic old car, dressed in some over the top suit, and made this old (older) gentleman get out and open the door for him?  

24 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Agreed, he really shouldn't keep talking in the midst of the trade before its happened.  It certainly can turn some people off, I mean Giants are rumored to be ready to trade OBJ because they are tired of his public stuff.  

Personally, I really do not think that AB will be a locker room issue.  He strikes me as someone who is sensitive and isn't liking some of the narrative around himself right now but also isn't very eloquent in how he shares his feelings.  So he keeps talking because he wants to defend himself, but because he isn't good at it he is making it seem worse at times.  

I will add though, he has said some good stuff too and I thought he was pretty good on this weeks The Shop on HBO for the most part.  

I mean he ain't Norman Mailer but I don't think it's a problem of eloquence for me...I have a buddy who speaks nearly the same when he's discussing an issue of significant personal importance. Brown doesn't really do interviews like that and he looked nervous and upset. Agree on the sensitive part...we're talking about a guy who went from a 6th round pick to the best WR in the game and then had basically his entire organization turn their backs on him. So while I think it's fair to assign some (maybe the majority) of the blame to Brown, it's not like he doesn't have cause to be upset with the situation and I'd suggest the concurrent Le'Veon Bell disaster lends some credibility to his (Brown's) side of the story.

55 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Y'all just shitting on the guy for no big reason. Has any teammate called him out yet? Not to my knowledge. Doesn't that say sthing about him as a teammate? The guy was treated badly by his QB and his coach. He wants out. 

The smart strategy (from his POV) is to make it difficult to trade him so that the Steelers release him and he can determine his own destiny. He doesn't want other teams to make a fair offer to the Steelers. Why become a Carmelo Anthony and undermine the team he wishes to join by having them pay an arm and a leg?

From all accounts he is hardworking and helps people around him get better (like Juju). 

The only 2 knocks on him have been a. He was late to some meetings and b. He filmed a locker room talk. If he was as bad as y'all make him out to be, wouldn't he have been released ages ago?

Most star players have way more indiscretions. 

Pretty sure a former teammate came out and said "I told the Steelers if they pay him, they will create a monster"  The guy has given plenty of reasons for people to have an opinion about his actions.  He also has 70 million reasons not to care.

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I mean he ain't Norman Mailer but I don't think it's a problem of eloquence for me...I have a buddy who speaks nearly the same when he's discussing an issue of significant personal importance. Brown doesn't really do interviews like that and he looked nervous and upset. Agree on the sensitive part...we're talking about a guy who went from a 6th round pick to the best WR in the game and then had basically his entire organization turn their backs on him. So while I think it's fair to assign some (maybe the majority) of the blame to Brown, it's not like he doesn't have cause to be upset with the situation and I'd suggest the concurrent Le'Veon Bell disaster lends some credibility to his (Brown's) side of the story.

totally agree with you on this