Kyle Crabbs of NDT Scouting Mock 6.0

Scorp83

Also, if anyone is interested in hearing more of a breakdown...Crabbs will be on WGR at 9am. 

Crabbs' 2019 NFL Mock Draft 6.0 | The Draft Network
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/crabbs--2019-nfl-mock-draft-6.0

Update:  Here's his interview in case anyone wanna take a listen. Not bad... he made a comment on how Beane seems to love high upside guy's that have that raw ability that his coaching staff can coach up. Which is why he mock Metcalf to us.

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/03-04-kyle-crabbs-draft-network-howard-and-jeremy-0

Edited by Scorp83
Added content

I like Crabbs, pretty funny guy.

This mock, though, seems like worst case scenario for me. All of the blue chip talent goes early with few surprises and the Bills draft DK based on his athleticism. Crabbs down plays DK’s agility issues in the blurb, and maybe rightly so, but I would pass on a wideout who can only run north/south.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, TC in St. Louis said:

They have these things called "agility drills," and people called "coaches" who can be utilized to help Metcalf run better routes.  What they cannot coach is his size and speed.  He's going to be a superstar.  Draft him and get your popcorn ready.

I can't imagine a better fit for Allen's skill set.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

This mock, though, seems like worst case scenario for me. All of the blue chip talent goes early with few surprises and the Bills draft DK based on his athleticism. Crabbs down plays DK’s agility issues in the blurb, and maybe rightly so, but I would pass on a wideout who can only run north/south.

I haven't read it yet myself, but if you're interested, the WR expert from The Draft Network dedicated an entire article to Metcalf's agility times. I suspect he doesn't view it as a huge issue because I think he's generally been high on Metcalf, but like I said, I haven't read it yet.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/are-d.k.-metcalf-s-agility-times-a-concern

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

Felt the same way...  Saw all the non-QBs going off the board before the 9 spot.  This would def be a worst case scenario, unless one of the QB needy teams got nervous about missing out and having their pick of the QBs and offer a trade to us.  If the top 10 were to unfold like this, I think the best thing to happen would be a trade down for us.

I'm OK with it.  I think Metcalf can work on flexibility and moves, but he might not be as impressive in his rookie year and his size, speed and strength traits would suggest is his ceiling.  Oddly enough Cajuste has some of the same issues as Metcalf - flexibility and agility below the waist, both are modest projects, but probably less so than what Buffalo drafted in the first round last year.  Those draft picks seem to have panned out.

I feels the Bills should Draft both Andy Isabella and Miles Boykin at WR cause i feel they both will be there for the taking from the  back-end of the 1st round to Mid 3-round. I feel Isabella and Boykin would help take the bills passing game to another  and address the offensive line in Free Agency. 

6 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

If Foles goes to Jax as is being reported, I don't think they'll spend the draft pick on Murray.

very true. also you wonder if they sell that pick?  but they've skipped a couple qbs in the draft over the years so who knows

26 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

Felt the same way...  Saw all the non-QBs going off the board before the 9 spot.  This would def be a worst case scenario, unless one of the QB needy teams got nervous about missing out and having their pick of the QBs and offer a trade to us.  If the top 10 were to unfold like this, I think the best thing to happen would be a trade down for us.

Agreed, I’d love to trade down with a QB needy team if the draft unfolded like this mock does.

41 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

They have these things called "agility drills," and people called "coaches" who can be utilized to help Metcalf run better routes.  What they cannot coach is his size and speed.  He's going to be a superstar.  Draft him and get your popcorn ready.

My thoughts exactly! ??

50 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I'm OK with it.  I think Metcalf can work on flexibility and moves, but he might not be as impressive in his rookie year and his size, speed and strength traits would suggest is his ceiling.  Oddly enough Cajuste has some of the same issues as Metcalf - flexibility and agility below the waist, both are modest projects, but probably less so than what Buffalo drafted in the first round last year.  Those draft picks seem to have panned out.

Metcalf (1.6 percent body fat, which strikes me as unhealthy) looks like a guy who might be more interested in being Mr. Universe than a polished NFL WR. That concerns me.

23 minutes ago, PirateHookerMD said:

same, Firefox and safari show nothing

I initially had this issue on my phone but it worked after I refreshed it once. They recently overhauled their website and I think they're still having some issues with the transition.

1 hour ago, DasNootz said:

If Foles goes to Jax as is being reported, I don't think they'll spend the draft pick on Murray.

Murray is going #1 overall.  Foles is going to Jags.  Jags will take Metcalf IMO.  

2 hours ago, SWATeam said:

I can't imagine a better fit for Allen's skill set.

This.  Imo some of the other guys are just slight improvements over Zay Jones.  In this draft I would look to add the best deep threat in the draft.  Its Metcalf or 3 wrs under 200 pds and barely 5-9.  Just watch the simulcast 40.  Metcalf picks up speed and by 30 has another gear even the elite guys dont.  I mean when does it matter if he can run 50 yards faster than anyone? Twice a game when Allen releases some missiles.  That 1 trick added to the 20 yard stop go is all the offense needs.  Add a Te now intermediate you have Zay, Foster and who ever else with wide open space because Metcalf will run off coverage.  Forcing safties to play 20 plus off the line should open running lanes as well.  

• Like (+1) 1