NFL QB Carousel..per Omar Kelly.

PIZ

This is the  organization that seemed to just want to forget 2018 ever happened. They didn’t get the QB they wanted in the draft, settled for a different one which seemed forced, GM got arrested, they signed Sam Bradford to a $20 mill contract and then cut him after like 3 games, fired their OC mid season and fired their HC after one year. So while it’s unconventional I wouldn’t be surprised to see then discard Rosen too and start over. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

Sounds like an interesting premise but this Kelly dude has unloaded some whoppers before so we'll see what happens.

Speaking of whoppers, did anyone catch that speculated trade scenario involving Buffalo, Jacksonville and Philly? I'm pretty sure it was just conjecture but it proposed a three-way trade which would involve Shady, Foles and Leonard Fournette. I'm not sure which way they had the trades lined up but it would be something like Shady to Philly for Foles and then Foles to Jacksonville for Fournette. 

That sort of trade scenario is utter nonsense

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is the  organization that seemed to just want to forget 2018 ever happened. They didn’t get the QB they wanted in the draft, settled for a different one which seemed forced, GM got arrested, they signed Sam Bradford to a $20 mill contract and then cut him after like 3 games, fired their OC mid season and fired their HC after one year. So while it’s unconventional I wouldn’t be surprised to see then discard Rosen too and start over. 

Woah- when you string it all together it looks like the whole franchise has CTE

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So how does all this affect the Bills chances of getting a trade down partner?

I'm not sure it kills it since there may be 1 team left out of the revolving QB situation that needs to get into the mix for say the kid from Duke as sort of the last round 1 guy. I think, however, the more likely trade down partner is someone that falls in love with the talent that is falling as the QB's fill up the top 10. There may be 4-5-6 guys coming down that are really good and no one thought they had a chance for. Maybe a team LOVES one of them and thinks this is a chance we didnt anticipate having. Let's try to move up.

49 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I certainly think that they are a negative for Rosen. I wouldn't quite go as far as pretty damning. I think people are very fast to write him off... those people may include the Cardinals front office. But I still suspect in the long run he will show he can play.

Did you see recent posts in the Arizona/Murray thread?  Rosen's trade value may be as low as a 3rd -- for a guy just drafted in the top 10 last season.  Now, he may still show "he can play" in the league but he did not impress anyone last season.

3 minutes ago, eball said:

Did you see recent posts in the Arizona/Murray thread?  Rosen's trade value may be as low as a 3rd -- for a guy just drafted in the top 10 last season.  Now, he may still show "he can play" in the league but he did not impress anyone last season.

He did not impress anyone. But he did not play as badly as the narrative either. I know Bills fans want to believe he totally sucks, but he doesn't. As a passer he was pretty similar to our own Quarterback. If someone gets Josh Rosen for a 3rd that team has had a proper result. I suspect he costs more than that though.

6 hours ago, mannc said:

Nor did he show that he’s not.  And he’s 10 months removed from being no. 10 overall.

Which means they won't get a first rounder. Nobody is going to give up a first for an unproven guy unless they are drafting him themselves.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

We can only hope that a couple, or more, teams over-reach at the top of the draft for QB’s leaving us better choices at #9.

We are in a good spot. I think Murray and Haskins go before we pick. And if Drew Lock really is the apple of the Broncos' eye, anybody who wants to jump them would be calling us. I like where we are. 

Bosa

Williams

Allen

Oliver

Wilkins

White

Gary

One of these guys has to be on the board at 9 with 2 QBs going. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

No, I think it’s more about the coaching/scheme. Kliff wanting his guy. If it happens. 

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If all this Murray stuff is true, it's just coaching change stuff. Kingsbury knows what type of quarterback he wanst for his system, and apparently Rosen is not it. It's just simply the effect of a regime change. 

The Cardinals would have zero leverage. And honestly, most teams can just decide turn around and draft a guy instead. It's terrible timing for a trade imo. 

I know I ragged on Rosen but because we are supposed to have the Lesser Josh.  

Well good luck to him wherever he goes  Except to Miami or NE*****

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jesus and I thought the Browns were dysfunctional 

• Like (+1) 1

Our local radio host who was reporting from the combine said that he heard Murray was aloof and uninterested in his combine interviews and most believe it’s because he’s been told already by Arizona that he’s going #1 and only needs to impress 1 team. It’s also why he didn’t do any drills or workouts.

If the Cards want to put all their eggs in the basket Of a HC who was sub 500 in college and fired from his alma mater and a very small QB who has 1 year of starting experience .... well they say swing for the fences, I guess. 

• Like (+1) 2