Tyree Jackson is at the combine trying to take WR’s out

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Wow yao ming was actually 70 lbs heavier and 9 inches taller-same as malone vs stockton-  my point is you found the major exception to the rule and were so proud of your cleverness. There is a reason they have boxing weight classes and it is because little dudes get messed up by big dudes in fair fights.

Yeah as a boxing fan I can tell you the reason they have weight classes is to make more money, and not having 'little dudes fight big dudes' is just a byproduct.

There are so many exceptions to your example it's a waste of time keeping it going. If you honestly think Steve Smith, a notoriously tough, undersized, and ridiculously strong wideout famous for taking a ton of abuse going over the middle back when safeties could actually make contact, is losing a fight to a college QB...nope.

Steve Smith acts crazy and talks tough because he has Napoleon Complex. The fact that he has to sucker punch guys in the dark or use a chair to take someone out just proves this. Sounds like he got his ass kicked by bigger guys quite a bit when he was younger. I have a few vertically challenged friends who are extremely tough and can fight, but have also seen them get whooped as well. 

22 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Charles Barkley made similar statements about white basketball players trying to cover him or someone else.  He also gets away with cr@p he says.

Larry Bird famously said "you're guarding me with a white boy?! get someone else man this is too easy"

White CBs are Unicorns, as are black hockey players. I never thought it was necessarily derogation. And it's fun to make light humor of it.

"What does Lynch playfully harass his quarterback about? “Mostly, just for being white,” Lynch said in the NFL.com feature."

I get it's a double standard sure.. but players in the sport joke about this in the locker room. Things are said between players that should never be said in normal society. It's a bunch of multi-racial jocks in a locker room. No white player in basketball is offended by what Charles Barkley said, football player offended by SSS or Marshawn Lynch. Hell Incognito received more grief from his texts when it leaked in the public, than he did among his football peers. You KNOW he was saying messed up racists things.. but it was IN THE (sort of) RIGHT CONTEXT. In front of his multiracial teammates.

Athletic circles have their own view of what's acceptable between their peers. Most of us wouldn't understand. The locker room is a sub-society that allows what wouldn't be otherwise appropriate. Of course you're a bigot when you say something to intentionally tick someone off. When you're using locker room sports jargon among peers.. cmon, if they said it publicly, it's been said a million times and far worse privately amongst the sports cultures.

As a soccer player in Texas we had fun mocking latin style of play vs white players.. as did they to us. Latin players constantly flopping and playing with too much flair instead of being fundamental and not drawing fouls like us boring white guys that couldn't buy a goal with our style of play.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

17 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeah as a boxing fan I can tell you the reason they have weight classes is to make more money, and not having 'little dudes fight big dudes' is just a byproduct.

There are so many exceptions to your example it's a waste of time keeping it going. If you honestly think Steve Smith, a notoriously tough, undersized, and ridiculously strong wideout famous for taking a ton of abuse going over the middle back when safeties could actually make contact, is losing a fight to a college QB...nope.

we will have to agree to disagree unless one of us can line this fight up(do you know Tyree Jackson by chance?)-but the reason boxing went to weight classes is too many small dudes were being pounded by much larger men and people did not want to pay to see it. Lastly I am not questioning toughness of Smith but toughness does not make up for that much height and power. 

This topic has turned into nothing more than a #### measuring contest. My dad can beat up your dad. Blah blah blah. Nobody knows and why you guys even bother to care is hysterical. You should all take a break from off season stupid football news and enjoy life a little 

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

This topic has turned into nothing more than a #### measuring contest. My dad can beat up your dad. Blah blah blah. Nobody knows and why you guys even bother to care is hysterical. You should all take a break from off season stupid football news and enjoy life a little 

I can beat up everybody!

This whole fight business is kind of silly, but I would go with Smith. Tyree comes across as a really nice young man, which is kind of a detriment in a fight.

I suppose I'm in the minority, but I find Steve Smith entertaining. Not a great look with Jackson, so I don't see coaching in his future.

I think that windup will derail any hopes TJ has of playing QB. His path in the NFL is TE IMO in the mold of Logan Thomas. I make that comparison because of circumstance, but it doesn't mean Jackson couldn't develop into a much better player than Thomas.