Anyone Remember The Bills “Double B” Hats?”

In browsing for classic Bills hats, I came across a very unique design - a hat with two capitol B’s for Buffalo Bills.  The colors are red, white and blue still but the only Bills logo you see is on the back.  If I didn’t know any better I’d assume this was a Red Sox Cap or a knockoff generic hat.  But it’s an officially licensed New Era hat

I do vaguely remember these hats but can’t find any information.  According to the link below it is from the New Era Throwbacks Collection.  Still I just find it odd, because I can never remember a time when the Bills used this BB logo.  What’s even more strange is the fact that the style of the “B” is not the same as the letters in the traditional Bills logo.  It’s a thin and completely different font style 

Does anyone know more about these hats and why New Era would produce a hat with a logo that the team never used?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-VINTAGE-90s-BUFFALO-BILLS-NFL-NEW-ERA-CLASSIC-COLLECTION-SNAPBACK-CAP-HAT-/302987200641

934CDA51-CE26-4646-8934-C18B895E072D.jpeg

Edited by BillyWhiteShows

5 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

In browsing for classic Bills hats, I came across a very unique design - a hat with two capitol B’s for Buffalo Bills.  The colors are red, white and blue still but the only Bills logo you see is on the back.  If I didn’t know any better I’d assume this was a Red Sox Cap or a knockoff generic hat.  But it’s an officially licensed New Era hat

I do vaguely remember these hats but can’t find any information.  According to the link below it is from the New Era Throwbacks Collection.  Still I just find it odd, because I can never remember a time when the Bills used this BB logo.  What’s even more strange is the fact that the style of the “B” is not the same as the letters in the traditional Bills logo.  It’s a thin and completely different font style 

Does anyone know more about these hats and why New Era would produce a hat with a logo that the team never used?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-VINTAGE-90s-BUFFALO-BILLS-NFL-NEW-ERA-CLASSIC-COLLECTION-SNAPBACK-CAP-HAT-/302987200641

934CDA51-CE26-4646-8934-C18B895E072D.jpeg

wait … is it supposed to be "shows" or "shoes"?

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Personally hate the flat rim lids. That said I guess I don't like the design or color or fit either....But other than that it is real nice.

I don’t think it’s a flat rim by design.  It just looks really new.  The letter don’t look anything like the Bills logo font we are used to

• Like (+1) 1

Nope, never seen them. Been a fan, purchased a lot of team hats, but I have never seen these. I don’t believe

these ever made it out of production.

I have hats from early to late 70s. 

All of my 60s hats have disintegrated, just like I am. No kidding, they have rotted.

1 hour ago, Jamie Nails said:

I have one of the largest bills hat collections in the country, if not world. If you have Instagram I’m @stuck_in_the_90s_sports 

scroll down. I posted a pic of some of the collection not too long ago. 

Any 60s hats?

I should have taken care of mine and not allow them sit out.

Edited by dlonce

2 hours ago, Jamie Nails said:

I have one of the largest bills hat collections in the country, if not world. If you have Instagram I’m @stuck_in_the_90s_sports 

scroll down. I posted a pic of some of the collection not too long ago. 

That is a crazy collection, great stuff, many things I haven't seen before.