How can we not be all in on Metcalf now?

9 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

That said, I just can't see the overall value meeting the investment. Not when there are equal, or even greater holes to fill this year

Truth be told I don't think any player will be available at 9 that I would prefer to trading down. I'm not in love with Metcalf or anything but I think he'd be a good pick at 9 if we stay put. I'm still expecting a defensive lineman at that pick though.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Beane made it to two Bulls games this year...with Johnson not running,I bet his stock falls around the league but it shouldn't effect what Beane knows about him.

AJ in the second?????

There are going to be a lot of great WR prospects there at the top of the 2nd where we pick. I like our chances to get a future #1WR at 40.

and we will have some elite linemen at 9 to choose from which is exciting 

now if there is a trade down, it may start to look different to me in which direction to go 

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Beane made it to two Bulls games this year...with Johnson not running,I bet his stock falls around the league but it shouldn't effect what Beane knows about him.

AJ in the second?????

I think the 2nd is too early for Anthony Johnson.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

I want nothing to do with a WR with his injury history, especially if he has foot problems. 

I’m not looking for Sammy 2.0

Wait, are you saying Sammy Watkins hasn't been good on the 3 teams he's been on? Pshaw! ?

Hockenson, Fant and Harry are all much better options. Leave the athletic freaks for the Raiders. Considering tight end is even weaker for the Bills than wide receiver, my vote goes to Hockenson or Fant at 9.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It is. I would like to draft him though. If we have the ability to draft 2 WRs I would take him in the 5th.

I really doubt he falls that far...and he is going to run at the UB Pro Day.

10 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think the 2nd is too early for Anthony Johnson.

3rd?

2 hours ago, Yav said:

He’s injury prone, not a good route runner and tends to drop the ball in critical situations. N’Keal Harry is a better WR, has strong hands wins contested catches, runs good routes, has insane YAC ability and can contribute on returns. Oh and Harry also had 27 reps on the bench. 

Does he run good routes? Bucky Brooks said he was the biggest loser yesterday after looking sluggish in and out of breaks. Can a non ASU fan elaborate on this? He looks slow to me, I didn’t see the combine yesterday I’m just curious why Brooks was so down on him and guys are around here are so high.

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Truth be told I don't think any player will be available at 9 that I would prefer to trading down. I'm not in love with Metcalf or anything but I think he'd be a good pick at 9 if we stay put. I'm still expecting a defensive lineman at that pick though.

I think there are a few that may be available at 9 that's worthy. Oliver, White,Taylor,Dilliard, Byron Murphy. And if a crazy run on QB's happens( might happen) Josh Allen. I'm so ready for this draft! To think we have a QB and MLB in place for years to come makes this year very different and excruciatingly exciting!

22 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

AJ in the second?????

AJ Brown I hope!

9 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I really doubt he falls that far...and he is going to run at the UB Pro Day.

3rd?

I don’t think he has been projected that high. I also was thinking 3rd but it’s such a deep class 

Edited by YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think he has been projected that high. I also was thinking 3rd but it’s such a deep class 

Last May CBS(Chris trapaso) had him 11th in the country..In December,GBN put him at 40 ish ,still is.

His missed time (Hammy) didn't help him any.

I guess I have to much homer in me...

Edited by Misterbluesky

Build the lines, get one of the solid TE’s and snag Isabella. If those things can be done, I will be thrilled exiting draft weekend.

Maybe we will get lucky with Williams, and he will be what we hope Metcalf could be. He can clearly ball and go up and get it.

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

People need to not get caught up in the easily trained combine skills. Workout warriors happen all the time. Julio produced in college. Metcalf may be good, but he definitely isn’t a sure thing.

Agree. Fans get caught up in it but teams don’t. They are trying to see if the combine stuff matches what they have on film so they can apply a final grade. If it doesn’t and for example a guy runs slower or faster than expected, they have to go back the film. It may or may not change their grade on him. But the combine doesn’t create a guy’s grade, it more or less confirms or clouds what they already have. Best athlete does not equal best football player so the film is always the deciding factor. 

Super fast athletic freaks are great but at the end of the day a WR have to be able to get separation, run routes, and catch the ball. There are no cones on a football field. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

I’d rather grab Parris Campbell in the 2nd.  Metcalf looks great, but he lacks quickness, too stiff.  Great speed and size, no doubt, but I think Campbell will have the better career .  

Oh, and Isabella for sure if we can pick up an extra pick or two

I’d trade down, grab Bradbury late first and Campbell and Damien Harris in the 2nd. 

Edited by Spielman

22 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Oliver, White,Taylor,Dilliard, Byron Murphy

Oliver intrigues me. I'm normally wary of players that see their stock suddenly rise after the season ends, but for Oliver the exact opposite happened. He was a lock to be a top 3 pick and I now I see mocks where he isn't even taken in the top half of the 1st round. What changed? His size? On tape he still looks like an elite pass rusher to me. Right now he would be my favorite pick at 9, but who knows maybe he'll go top 5 after all. A lot of BS flies around this time of year.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Oliver intrigues me. I'm normally wary of players that see their stock suddenly rise after the season ends, but for Oliver the exact opposite happened. He was a lock to be a top 3 pick and I now I see mocks where he isn't even taken in the top half of the 1st round. What changed? His size? On tape he still looks like an elite pass rusher to me. Right now he would be my favorite pick at 9, but who knows maybe he'll go top 5 after all. A lot of BS flies around this time of year.

That’s just draft analysts. I don’t think his stock has changed with actual teams. 

Watched him a lot at ole miss. He mostly ran go routes. Hands weren’t overly dominant. Not great at high-pointing balls.

He he wasn’t even the best receiver on his team. I’d take him in the 2nd round, not the first