How can we not be all in on Metcalf now?

He was questionably not even the best wr on his own team.  AJ Brown had much better production (even if you take DKs missed games into consideration)  Speaking of - AJ had a pretty good combine himself.  Ran a 4.49 and is a solid 226 lbs at only 6 feet.  Obviously the #'s aren't as good as DKs, but I would love to grab him.  Might tough though, 9 is too early and 40 might be too late so would most likely have to move around.

9 minutes ago, 947 said:

After all the "Combine Heros" who have burned GMs over the past 25 years, you'd think this stuff wouldn't happen. Metcalf's 40-time in shorts, bench press, and muscularity isn't the same as ability to run routes, catch contested balls, and producing like a WR1 on the field. He may look, run, & jump like Julio Jones- but that isn't enough to make him a star in the NFL. I'm VERY concerned about his agility numbers.

Sure, he may end up a really good player in time. But he is an extremely raw prospect at this point, and can basically only run fly patterns. I want no part of him the first round, and I hope he's somebody else's mistake.

the combine is the SAT of sports.  Easily gamed by someone good at taking tests. 

6 minutes ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

I want Brian Burns. You like him?

I do. I hope his weight gain is real weight gain and not Aaron Maybin combine weight gain. But honestly there are 10-15 defensive players I would take at 9 over any offensive players in this draft. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

After watching that performance.   Hes like a combination of Julio Jones and EMO.

Does he make it to 9 after this combine?

They can easily not be in on Metcalfe.  What if Josh Allen or Quinnen Williams fall to 9?  What if Jawaan Taylor is sitting there?   What if they love Hockenson or Christian Wilkins and trade down a bit?  

Metcalfe has has otherworldly athleticism and potential, but all of the players I mentioned have a lot more production at their position then a Metcalfe does at his, and those are positions the Bills could also use difference makers.

Edited by purple haze

41 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

Not a chance. Jam him at the line with safety help over the top and he becomes a non-factor. A wr that can’t change direction and has a limited route tree becomes easy to defend, freak or not. 

Your CB trys to jam him at the line and he will get leveled.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

I don't want him at 9 or in a trade down.  I want DL or OL.  Then WR, TE, RB.

I know he was injured in 2018, which is another reason not to take him at 9, but I would want my 1st round WR to dominate in his games, and not just dominate the combine.

2016.... 2 Rec....13 yards....2 tds
2017.... 39 Rec.... 646 yards....7 tds
2018.... 26 Rec.... 569 yards.... 5 tds

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

How can we not? Because Stephen Hill. 6'4 215lbs and he ran a 4.36. Issue was lack of production.  He instantly jumped high on draft boards after his combine and proceeded to do nothing. 

Do I think Metcalf will be Hill? No I think he will be better but I also don't think he will be like Julio. Think he should be drafted 15-20 range. And he does have bust potential.

However I can see us falling in love with him. Beane fell in love withJosh Allen and Tremain Edmunds to physical abilities and size. So same could happen with DK. But I'll rather take Hakeem... Not as good as athletic freak but I think will be a safer selection

All that talent doesn't mean anything if Josh is under duress, flushed out the pocket running for his life hoping he doesn't get his clock cleaned. He needs protection! Build that disastrous O line and our WRs and RBs will look a whole lot better. Yes we need an upgrade at the WR position, but it doesn't have to be Metkalf at #9.

He overwhelmingly exceeds all the measurables for a WR. His game tapes against SEC talent shows a WR winning on contested balls and breaking tackles. His coaches speak very highly about his character and work ethic. Similar to Edmonds, he comes from an NFL family. He has the potential to be a Julio Jones type WR. He appears to address a position of need at a higher level than other draftees at a position of need. Is that worth a risk at 9? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1