Andy Isabella

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

He’s trolling McBeane! Everyone knows they do all their scouting on YouTube! We would never draft that guy after BB piped that music in!

(But I actually do find Isabella to be an intriguing prospect who is very doubtful to last to our #3 pick.....but what do I know?)

I’m dont know if it’s a guarantee he lasts to our 2nd round pick.  I think he could go anywhere from early 2nd  through the 3rd. 

4 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

I’m dont know if it’s a guarantee he lasts to our 2nd round pick.  I think he could go anywhere from early 2nd  through the 3rd. 

That’s what’s so great about the draft! I really don’t know much (or anything!) about guys even in the top 3-4 rounds before this time of year. Some guy will be drafted in the first I’ve never heard of! I believe and freely admit this! But now you get exposed to some film and opinions, and you start to form ideas. I’m very curious about Isabella. 

Draft is in Nashville this year which is a city I’m pretty familiar with and love. Only about 4 hours away. Never thought I’d be “that guy” at the draft, but experiences are better than things, I’ve come to learn. Despite pricey Nashville hotels, I’m tempted to do it once. Need to look into tickets, I guess. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Augie said:

That’s what’s so great about the draft! I really don’t know much (or anything!) about guys even in the top 3-4 rounds before this time of year. Some guy will be drafted in the first I’ve never heard of! I believe and freely admit this! But now you get exposed to some film and opinions, and you start to form ideas. I’m very curious about Isabella. 

Draft is in Nashville this year which is a city I’m pretty familiar with and love. Only about 4 hours away. Never thought I’d be “that guy” at the draft, but experiences are better than things, I’ve come to learn. Despite pricey Nashville hotels, I’m tempted to do it once. Need to look into tickets, I guess. 

Go to YouTube and check out some clips on Isabella and Marquise Brown....you will come away impressed. I really love this time of year for Football....hopefully that feeling will get extended to January  this year.  Also it would be cool to go to the draft.

Edited by Magnum Force

6 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

Go to YouTube and check out some clips on Isabella and Marquise Brown....you will come away impressed. I really love this time of year for Football....hopefully that feeling will get extended to January  this year.  Also it would be cool to go to the draft.

I’ve seen  Isabella on YouTube and came away intrigued. I know it’s COMPLETELY unfair, but a saw one M Brown game where I tuned in just to focus on him. He dropped the first 3-4, then got hurt when he caught the next one. Small sample size, but it didn’t sell me. I’m sure he’s explosive! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

On 3/3/2019 at 11:09 AM, JaCrispy said:

i would take this guy over any other WR in this class, hands down...and if we don’t, watch NE take him and turn him into a HOFer.

i hear all this talk about Metcalf, a guy who never really produced in college and is coming off a serious injury.  Isabella, however, is faster  downfield (4.31 40) and quicker in short areas (6.95 3 cone), has the flexibility to elude tacklers, and the hands to make every pass all but a guarantee.  And for those that don’t think his size will allow him to hold up in the NFL? All you have to do is go no further than the recent super bowl mvp to know if a guy that size can hold up...because it’s not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog. This guy screams “process” and team player through and through and simply cannot be contained on a football field.  Aren’t you tired of watching the Pats kill the league, year after year with this type of receiver? Didn’t you ever wish it was the Bills who had that ability?

Well, if there is one guy I want to draft more than any other player it’s Andy Isabella...Go Bills!

I like Isabella... reminds me of Zay Jones... wait? We have him already... man... no point in having the same type of player. 

#DKToTheBills ?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

I like Isabella... reminds me of Zay Jones... wait? We have him already... man... no point in having the same type of player. 

#DKToTheBills ?

Except Isabella is more explosive and faster....Zay ran a 4.45 40 compared to Isabella at 4.31

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

Except Isabella is more explosive and faster....Zay ran a 4.45 40 compared to Isabella at 4.31

...and I think the quickness may be more important than the speed in gaining seperation and YAC. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

...and I think the quickness may be more important than the speed in gaining seperation and YAC. 

Glad you said that because I was almost going to go back and edit.  Isabella is incredibly quick and his ability to cut, change direction and accelerate are unreal.  Great point ? 

Edited by Magnum Force

11 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

Glad you said that because I was almost going to back and edit.  Isabella is incredibly quick and his his ability ti cut, change direction is unreal.  Great point ? 

It’s what you need in a slot guy. Brady has made it work kind of  OK for a while..... It’s not Josh’s most natural throw, but could be clutch if they can make it work. 

It will all come down to whether Josh can make ALL the throws reliably. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s what you need in a slot guy. Brady has made it work kind of  OK for a while..... It’s not Josh’s most natural throw, but could be clutch if they can make it work. 

It will all come down to whether Josh can make ALL the throws reliably. 

That's my issue with Isabella... Josh Allen is not Accurate enough to use a slot man. Not saying he can't develop it... but if you try & force him to start picking apart defenses...we might be back here next year talking about He took a step back. I'd rather get him a big target ... its safer & protects him a lot more

15 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

That's my issue with Isabella... Josh Allen is not Accurate enough to use a slot man. Not saying he can't develop it... but if you try & force him to start picking apart defenses...we might be back here next year talking about He took a step back. I'd rather get him a big target ... its safer & protects him a lot more

I respect that ...and agree with it....a big WR with a big catch radius ala Metcalf would be more beneficial to Allen.  But I think Isabella and Metcalf would be an ideal tandem to have.  Doubt it will happen.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

NFL scouts think he can be a TY Hilton or Brandon Cooks type outside WR or a slot WR...he isnt pigeon holed into a slot receiver necessarily.

On 3/3/2019 at 10:09 AM, JaCrispy said:

i would take this guy over any other WR in this class, hands down...and if we don’t, watch NE take him and turn him into a HOFer.

i hear all this talk about Metcalf, a guy who never really produced in college and is coming off a serious injury.  Isabella, however, is faster  downfield (4.31 40) and quicker in short areas (6.95 3 cone), has the flexibility to elude tacklers, and the hands to make every pass all but a guarantee.  And for those that don’t think his size will allow him to hold up in the NFL? All you have to do is go no further than the recent super bowl mvp to know if a guy that size can hold up...because it’s not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog. This guy screams “process” and team player through and through and simply cannot be contained on a football field.  Aren’t you tired of watching the Pats kill the league, year after year with this type of receiver? Didn’t you ever wish it was the Bills who had that ability?

Well, if there is one guy I want to draft more than any other player it’s Andy Isabella...Go Bills!

There are two guys in this draft that I'm 100% sure will not bust and play at a high level for a long time. Jonah Williams and Andy Isabella, I would have no problem taking Williams at 9 and Isabella At 40 and a TE at 75.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

There are two guys in this draft that I'm 100% sure will not bust and play at a high level for a long time. Jonah Williams and Andy Isabella, I would have no problem taking Williams at 9 and Isabella At 40 and a TE at 75.

Totally agree on Isabella. But couldn't disagree more on Jonah Williams, he is a very high chance of bust if kept at OT. Risner is the only bust-proof OL IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, 947 said:

Totally agree on Isabella. But couldn't disagree more on Jonah Williams, he is a very high chance of bust if kept at OT. Risner is the only bust-proof OL IMO.

I’m guessing you have watched him play and if so what makes you think he will bust. 

He played against great competition at Bama. He has amazing footwork and mirrors DE’s perfectly. He can also play every position on the O-Line and he has an amazing understanding of each O-Line position. After watching all the games on him he had two knocks on him which are not really knocks at all in my opinion. 

They say his arm length is too short but I don’t see a issue with it. 

They say he is not a mauler in the run game but I have seen him make some very good blocks to spring the RB for extra yardage. 

His pass blocking is so fundamentally sound and the kid is only 21 so he will gain a lot of strength in a NFL workout program. 

I think Josh Allen can make any throw it’s just that his WR’s don’t get any separation. Isabella in my opinion is a better version of Cooper Kupp and would be a nightmare to match up against. 

• Like (+1) 1

Congratulations Andy Isabella on winning the annual "TBD Brian Leonard award" given to a random white guy that nobody ever heard of who suddenly becomes a must have draft pick.

Isabella becomes the earliest winner of the award by locking it down on March 11.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I also have no doubt that Andy Isabella will become at the very least a very productive player in the NFL barring injuries.   I think he is one of the "can't miss" players in this years draft.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I’m guessing you have watched him play and if so what makes you think he will bust. 

He played against great competition at Bama. He has amazing footwork and mirrors DE’s perfectly. He can also play every position on the O-Line and he has an amazing understanding of each O-Line position. After watching all the games on him he had two knocks on him which are not really knocks at all in my opinion. 

They say his arm length is too short but I don’t see a issue with it. 

They say he is not a mauler in the run game but I have seen him make some very good blocks to spring the RB for extra yardage. 

His pass blocking is so fundamentally sound and the kid is only 21 so he will gain a lot of strength in a NFL workout program.  

Williams has short arms & his feet are too slow to play LT at the NFL level. Look at the list of LT prospects that busted and their arm length, it's not an exact science but arm length is a major deal for LT. Getting dominated vs Clemson showed both of these flaws.