Andy Isabella

KC would be another sweet landing spot for Is-a-baller.  -They get so much production out of little guys.

Add this kid's speed+shiftiness to Mahommes' accuracy, and you can call it a night in the AFC west. 

Could plug him into McKenzies role. Daboll showed how he could use a smaller gadget guy late in season. 

Not used much as a returner in college so would either need to show he could handle both roles or be a gunner  ala Tasker to increase his draft value. He is stout enough to hold up as a gunner at 5'9"  190 lbs. 

Edited by freddyjj

He's one of my favorite guys in the Draft. He's the type that will quickly get the moniker, 'QB's best friend.'

EDIT: I love Terry McLaurin as well. More and more I'm thinking Josh Allen is a QB that doesn't need a bonafide #1 WR and instead needs like 4 guys who are reliable. Look at Russell Wilson's career. He's never really had a star wideout. He's had an array of dependable guys like Tate, Richardson, Lockett, Baldwin and Harvin. 

I'd feel comfortable spending a 2nd/3rd on Isabella and one of our 4ths on McLaurin.

Edited by FeelingOnYouboty
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

This is a great question...I think McBean’s responses at the combine really spoke volumes...McD when he said he has changed his view on what a #1 wr is, and that the prototype #1 receiver does not really exist anymore- that it’s more of a group effort....and Beane when he said great receivers come in all shapes and sizes- from 6’4 to 5’8 to paraphrase...I thought these were very telling.

What did you expect McBean to say ? 

Oh we’re looking for a talll WR at least 6’3 with speed ? 

C’mon man !!

but I’m with you on Isabella I would love to see him in Bills uniform!!!! 

Edited by Putin

15 hours ago, #34fan said:

Would the bills even know how to use a weapon like Isabella?  -I doubt it...  He'd just be biding time here until the Pats picked him up in FA, and really put him to work.

-I'd hate to waste this kid's time.

Awesome post, thanks for the 2 cents

• Haha (+1) 2

On 3/3/2019 at 11:09 AM, JaCrispy said:

i would take this guy over any other WR in this class, hands down...and if we don’t, watch NE take him and turn him into a HOFer.

i hear all this talk about Metcalf, a guy who never really produced in college and is coming off a serious injury.  Isabella, however, is faster  downfield (4.31 40) and quicker in short areas (6.95 3 cone), has the flexibility to elude tacklers, and the hands to make every pass all but a guarantee.  And for those that don’t think his size will allow him to hold up in the NFL? All you have to do is go no further than the recent super bowl mvp to know if a guy that size can hold up...because it’s not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog. This guy screams “process” and team player through and through and simply cannot be contained on a football field.  Aren’t you tired of watching the Pats kill the league, year after year with this type of receiver? Didn’t you ever wish it was the Bills who had that ability?

Well, if there is one guy I want to draft more than any other player it’s Andy Isabella...Go Bills!

Can someone who knows his history tell the story on how he ended up at UMASS? Ohio T&F star going to UMASS seems like an odd choice. 

I admit this kid looks great in every way... he's was walker as far as I'm concerned.....but this kid isn't the type for josh allen....we need a big bodied guy that is also a burner with great hands and jump ball red zone ability ......

Hakeem butler is my favorite wr this draft followed closely by nkeal Harry and Hollywood brown 

On 3/3/2019 at 11:09 AM, JaCrispy said:

i would take this guy over any other WR in this class, hands down...and if we don’t, watch NE take him and turn him into a HOFer.

i hear all this talk about Metcalf, a guy who never really produced in college and is coming off a serious injury.  Isabella, however, is faster  downfield (4.31 40) and quicker in short areas (6.95 3 cone), has the flexibility to elude tacklers, and the hands to make every pass all but a guarantee.  And for those that don’t think his size will allow him to hold up in the NFL? All you have to do is go no further than the recent super bowl mvp to know if a guy that size can hold up...because it’s not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog. This guy screams “process” and team player through and through and simply cannot be contained on a football field.  Aren’t you tired of watching the Pats kill the league, year after year with this type of receiver? Didn’t you ever wish it was the Bills who had that ability?

Well, if there is one guy I want to draft more than any other player it’s Andy Isabella...Go Bills!

Boom here's the best wr this draft 

Give this a watch folks

Or here's my second choice right here I wouldn't be sad at all with this guy but I like butler more he's got moves and better wheels 

Or here's my wild card for a player that would mesh well in this offense with Allen's arm bit he's not big bodied but I'd still take him over isabella

Edited by BillsBlue

14 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Can someone who knows his history tell the story on how he ended up at UMASS? Ohio T&F star going to UMASS seems like an odd choice. 

He didn't even do track and field until his senior year. He was a high school RB and no Divison 1 program showed interest really. He had an offer from an FCS school but that was basically it. He had gotten some interest from Oklahoma State, but they filled their final recruiting spot. Air Force had some interest but he didn't want to commit to the post-graduate stuff there. Track and field coach convinced him to give it a try and he went out and broke the record for the 60 meter or something like that. UMass's coach was desperate to add some speed to the team so he offered him a spot.

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/3/2019 at 9:15 AM, Juice_32 said:

I watched his 40 and it made no sense. You could tell he was flying. If he’s around early day 3 you have to consider him. I’d be surprised if they take more than 2 pass catchers total (1 WR 1 TE), unless there is a steal available day 3.

This Welker/ Edelman clone is not making it to day 3. If you want him you better be prepared to take him at 41 or earlier.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This Welker/ Edelman clone is not making it to day 3. If you want him you better be prepared to take him at 41 or earlier.

I’m prepared...I just hope the Bills are prepared to take this super weapon at that spot as well...guys that run 4.31 40 with the ability to stop on a dime don’t last very long.

Edited by JaCrispy

He averaged 19.3 yards per kick return and 8.6 yards per punt return.

That is a skill the Bills need.

I wonder if he consulted with Don Beebe's "House of Speed" he could knock off a little time.

He reminds me of Don Beebe a bit but not even close to being as fast.

On 3/3/2019 at 12:05 PM, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

What TE are you thinking in round 2? After Hockenson and Fant I don’t see value at TE in round 2.

irv smith jr.....probably have to trade a 5th to move up to the top of the rd. 3 about the same spot we got harry last year, but irv smith will be a bill. bank on it.

36 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

irv smith jr.....probably have to trade a 5th to move up to the top of the rd. 3 about the same spot we got harry last year, but irv smith will be a bill. bank on it.

I came away from the combine super unimpressed with Irv Smith. I would not want to trade up in any capacity to get him. 

20 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

I came away from the combine super unimpressed with Irv Smith. I would not want to trade up in any capacity to get him. 

I like Irv Smith, but what is he exactly?  -Lacks the size of a true TE, and is a tad too hefty to be a vertical threat.  I'm wary of another Nick O'Leary-type situation.

• Like (+1) 1