Andy Isabella

i would take this guy over any other WR in this class, hands down...and if we don’t, watch NE take him and turn him into a HOFer.

i hear all this talk about Metcalf, a guy who never really produced in college and is coming off a serious injury.  Isabella, however, is faster  downfield (4.31 40) and quicker in short areas (6.95 3 cone), has the flexibility to elude tacklers, and the hands to make every pass all but a guarantee.  And for those that don’t think his size will allow him to hold up in the NFL? All you have to do is go no further than the recent super bowl mvp to know if a guy that size can hold up...because it’s not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog. This guy screams “process” and team player through and through and simply cannot be contained on a football field.  Aren’t you tired of watching the Pats kill the league, year after year with this type of receiver? Didn’t you ever wish it was the Bills who had that ability?

Well, if there is one guy I want to draft more than any other player it’s Andy Isabella...Go Bills!

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I like the kid and have no doubt he'll succeed at the next level but you have to ask yourself, is that what McBeane is looking for? Isabella is pretty well put together for a smaller guy with tree trunks for legs. He should hold up just fine. 

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

I like the kid and have no doubt he'll succeed at the next level but you have to ask yourself, is that what McBeane is looking for? Isabella is pretty well put together for a smaller guy with tree trunks for legs. He should hold up just fine. 

This is a great question...I think McBean’s responses at the combine really spoke volumes...McD when he said he has changed his view on what a #1 wr is, and that the prototype #1 receiver does not really exist anymore- that it’s more of a group effort....and Beane when he said great receivers come in all shapes and sizes- from 6’4 to 5’8 to paraphrase...I thought these were very telling.

• Like (+1) 2

Not only is he timed with blazing speed but he has even faster game day speed.   His short area quickness is even more impressive than his 4.31 speed.  He separates against everyone, no one has shown an ability to hang with him.  

He crushed all DBs who tried covering him even supposed 1st and 2nd round future DBs.  

He has the balance of a RB and is much harder to bring down than what his size suggests.

If used properly he will be a 100 reception 1200 yard 8 td weapon within a couple years.  If he weren't labeled a "slot" WR he would easily be a first rounder.  Hes going to end up being a steal for whoever drafts him.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

Not only is he timed with blazing speed but he has even faster game day speed.   His short area quickness is even more impressive than his 4.31 speed.  He separates against everyone, no one has shown an ability to hang with him.  

He crushed all DBs who tried covering him even supposed 1st and 2nd round future DBs.  

He has the balance of a RB and is much harder to bring down than what his size suggests.

If used properly he will be a 100 reception 1200 yard 8 td weapon within a couple years.  If he weren't labeled a "slot" WR he would easily be a first rounder.  Hes going to end up being a steal for whoever drafts him.

Agree with everything posted...and we didn’t even mention using him in the run game or special teams...he will be a nightmare for any team to try and game plan for- a true game changer.

47 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

i would take this guy over any other WR in this class, hands down...and if we don’t, watch NE take him and turn him into a HOFer.

i hear all this talk about Metcalf, a guy who never really produced in college and is coming off a serious injury.  Isabella, however, is faster  downfield (4.31 40) and quicker in short areas (6.95 3 cone), has the flexibility to elude tacklers, and the hands to make every pass all but a guarantee.  And for those that don’t think his size will allow him to hold up in the NFL? All you have to do is go no further than the recent super bowl mvp to know if a guy that size can hold up...because it’s not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog. This guy screams “process” and team player through and through and simply cannot be contained on a football field.  Aren’t you tired of watching the Pats kill the league, year after year with this type of receiver? Didn’t you ever wish it was the Bills who had that ability?

Well, if there is one guy I want to draft more than any other player it’s Andy Isabella...Go Bills!

Im pretty sure I would take Metcalf over him.  Some kid named Foster never really produced in college either.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

3 minutes ago, billspro said:

I would love to have him. He looks like a mix of John Brown and Wes Welker. I wonder if he will be available in round 3?

If the Bills really believe in him, I don’t know that I would take the chance of waiting...ideally, I would trade down and then draft Isabella with one of the two 2nd round picks.

Edited by JaCrispy

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

If the Bills really believe in him, I don’t know that I would take the chance of waiting...ideally, I would trade down and the draft Isabella with one of the two 2nd round picks.

I would be happy with a trade down as long as Jawaan Taylor is off the board. If he is there I would need a huge haul to move down. 

Just now, billspro said:

I would be happy with a trade down as long as Jawaan Taylor is off the board. If he is there I would need a huge haul to move down. 

I’m hoping for a RT in FA...I want either Lindstrom or Risner in a trade down in the 1st round...then TE and WR in the 2nd...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JaCrispy said:

I’m hoping for a RT in FA...I want either Lindstrom or Risner in a trade down in the 1st round...then TE and WR in the 2nd...

What TE are you thinking in round 2? After Hockenson and Fant I don’t see value at TE in round 2.