Report: Raiders shopping Derek Carr

2 minutes ago, turftoe said:

Could be. Cardinals could ask for more than #15. They could save face a little if they get a top 10 pick after moving up to #10 last year. It will be interesting to see. 

Just cant see anyone giving up more than the 15th pick in the draft for Rosen.  He has appeal and upside still, but his value is hurt by a season of tape where he struggled and compounded further a team is so quick to give up on him after spending a top 10 pick on him a year ago.  

No one is going to look at a rookie on a bad roster and put all the blame on him for the struggles, thats unreasonable.  So there has to be more to it than just the struggles on Sunday to make them be willing to give up on him.  And given the fact that Rosen is a hard guy to like and his ability to be a leader was a serious concern going into the draft, I think its more than fair that its reasonable to assume that those issues are part of the reason they are willing to move on.  That will hurt his value.  

He will still have good value, but I seriously doubt he nets anything higher than Washingtons 15th pick, and its quite possible he gets traded for just a 2nd round pick or lower too just depending on how strong the market is for him.  

20 hours ago, Buffalo86 said:

I thought the Dolphins were tanking...

Taking Carr would solidify them tanking.  He's probably worse than Tannehill.

21 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Mayock a day ago said he liked card a lot as the franchise qb ??

He did.  He just didn't say which franchise.

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Just cant see anyone giving up more than the 15th pick in the draft for Rosen.  He has appeal and upside still, but his value is hurt by a season of tape where he struggled and compounded further a team is so quick to give up on him after spending a top 10 pick on him a year ago.  

No one is going to look at a rookie on a bad roster and put all the blame on him for the struggles, thats unreasonable.  So there has to be more to it than just the struggles on Sunday to make them be willing to give up on him.  And given the fact that Rosen is a hard guy to like and his ability to be a leader was a serious concern going into the draft, I think its more than fair that its reasonable to assume that those issues are part of the reason they are willing to move on.  That will hurt his value.  

He will still have good value, but I seriously doubt he nets anything higher than Washingtons 15th pick, and its quite possible he gets traded for just a 2nd round pick or lower too just depending on how strong the market is for him.  

I went back and listened to Mayock talk about Rosen on the Dan Patrick show on the day of the draft. He had concerns about Rosen's durability and ability to escape and protect himself in the pocket. I don't think Oakland makes much of a push for Rosen. Maybe it will be the skins. 

31 minutes ago, turftoe said:

I went back and listened to Mayock talk about Rosen on the Dan Patrick show on the day of the draft. He had concerns about Rosen's durability and ability to escape and protect himself in the pocket. I don't think Oakland makes much of a push for Rosen. Maybe it will be the skins. 

Yeah I think there is 0% chance Rosen is a Raider