Report: Raiders shopping Derek Carr

1 hour ago, vincec said:

I’m not sure I follow the logic here. If Gruden doesn’t think he’s good enough to be a top QB then how would it be helping his brother to trade Carr there?

Oh, he’s not helping...it’s ‘payback’ for the time Jay locked Jon in the closet, and forgot to let him out...

I've been bewildered by the love for Carr from the get-go. He just appears to be a mascara-wearing Andy Dalton, and not much more. Gruden may be out of his gord, but if he and Mayock decide to bring in their own QB, I can't say that I blame them.

Edited by RussellDopeland

3 hours ago, turftoe said:

This is really interesting. I think the wildcard in all of this is Josh Rosen. If Arizona drafts Murray then Rosen probably is more attractive than Haskins as the next best QB.  Mayock had Rosen as his 3rd best QB, even above Mayfield. I don't see Haskins as a  Gruden type of QB. If Arizona wants a top 10 pick for Rosen this could create an opportunity for Buffalo. Rosen's contract is dirt cheap for several years as his signing bonus is already paid by Arizona. Washington is rumored to be interested in Rosen as they have cap constraints. I could see other teams being interested as well. Maybe a three way trade involving pick #9, Rosen, and a move down scenario for Buffalo?

Ahhh yes......it's that time of the year! Time to work the phones Brandon Beane.

I like this idea a lot. Oakland gives up their two late firsts to the Bills for number 9, Oakland then flips number 9 to Arizona for Rosen. Pretty high value for Rosen, but if Mayock still loves him I could see it happening. 

8 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Jags are supposed to be all-in for Nick Foles

Do the Jags have the cap space to be all in for Foles? I imagine it takes a contract in the 25 million range to land him. Spotrac has Jacksonville as -8.4 million with top 51 and projected draft picks. Foles would take that number to around -34 million. Cutting Bortles saves 5. That still leaves -29 million. Unless spotrac is incorrect, I don’t see how they could make that up without completely gutting the team. 

3 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Do the Jags have the cap space to be all in for Foles? I imagine it takes a contract in the 25 million range to land him. Spotrac has Jacksonville as -8.4 million with top 51 and projected draft picks. Foles would take that number to around -34 million. Cutting Bortles saves 5. That still leaves -29 million. Unless spotrac is incorrect, I don’t see how they could make that up without completely gutting the team. 

I dunno how they'd do it, just heard it during the combine coverage on NFLN.

• Like (+1) 1

IMO, Carr is an average starter at best.  If the Raiders are in rebuilding mode (which they clearly are), then it makes sense to move Carr & address several other areas of need.  Having coaxed all-pro seasons out of Rich Gannon & a Super Bowl victory out of Brad Johnson, Gruden would likely think he could get at least similar production from someone cheaper.

4 hours ago, turftoe said:

This is really interesting. I think the wildcard in all of this is Josh Rosen. If Arizona drafts Murray then Rosen probably is more attractive than Haskins as the next best QB.  Mayock had Rosen as his 3rd best QB, even above Mayfield. I don't see Haskins as a  Gruden type of QB. If Arizona wants a top 10 pick for Rosen this could create an opportunity for Buffalo. Rosen's contract is dirt cheap for several years as his signing bonus is already paid by Arizona. Washington is rumored to be interested in Rosen as they have cap constraints. I could see other teams being interested as well. Maybe a three way trade involving pick #9, Rosen, and a move down scenario for Buffalo?

Ahhh yes......it's that time of the year! Time to work the phones Brandon Beane.

Mayock had him graded as 3rd best QB prospect BEFORE they stepped on an NFL field.  Now Rosen has a season of not very good tape and has an organization ready to dump him after investing a first round pick last year in him for a QB slightly smaller than Wilson.  So last years evaluations before they played in the NFL can go out the window in terms of being the barometer of interest.  Those evaluations will still be weighed, but also in conjuction with his NFL experience now which didnt start well.  

Rosen is going to be a Redskin before the draft IMO.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

36 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Mayock had him graded as 3rd best QB prospect BEFORE they stepped on an NFL field.  Now Rosen has a season of not very good tape and has an organization ready to dump him after investing a first round pick last year in him for a QB slightly smaller than Wilson.  So last years evaluations before they played in the NFL can go out the window in terms of being the barometer of interest.  Those evaluations will still be weighed, but also in conjuction with his NFL experience now which didnt start well.  

Rosen is going to be a Redskin before the draft IMO.  

I think the teams that could have an interest are Washington, Oakland, San Diego, Miami, New England, and NYG. Maybe Cincinnati and Denver. I think the Jags go with Foles but they also have cap restraints. I agree with you about the timing. This doesn't wait until draft night. 

1 minute ago, turftoe said:

I think the teams that could have an interest are Washington, Oakland, San Diego, Miami, New England, and NYG. Maybe Cincinnati and Denver. I think the Jags go with Foles but they also have cap restraints. I agree with you about the timing. This doesn't wait until draft night. 

I agree on potential landing spots, but I think Washington is the over whelming favorite at the moment.  They can’t afford a vet, and at 15 they would have to give up an RG3 type bounty again to trade up with Jets to nab Haskins.  

Worse yet, they will have to likely leap frog Dolphins for shot at 3rd or 4th best QB in this draft.    That would mean not only using a first round pick on said QB, but also trading away at least their 2nd rounder too.  

So I think Rosen is almost certainly going to Washington if he is traded.  They can land him without using multiple picks to do so.  Even if they trade their first for him, they still keep their 2nd rounder they would have lost in any trade up to get ahead of Dolphins.  And it’s not out of the question they land him for a second round pick either and kee their first.  

Note:  Dolphins could do the same though, but putting Redskins out front as there is already reported strong interest.

16 hours ago, whatdrought said:

This surprises nobody.

Giants would make a lot of sense if they were willing to be done with Manning, but that seems unlikely. 

Maybe the Jags? Would you rather have Carr, or Foles?

Heard that the Jags and Foles have a deal in place.  Inside source so I can’t link.  No draft pick compensation for Foles like there would be for Carr. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

I bet he goes to Jaxonville Miami  or Washington for a 2nd and another pick

There is lots of smoke that Jax is about to sign Foles in FA (Defilippo is the OC there now and he was Foles QB coach in Phil the year they won the SB) but Defilippo was also Carr’s QB coach his rookie year

58 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I agree on potential landing spots, but I think Washington is the over whelming favorite at the moment.  They can’t afford a vet, and at 15 they would have to give up an RG3 type bounty again to trade up with Jets to nab Haskins.  

Worse yet, they will have to likely leap frog Dolphins for shot at 3rd or 4th best QB in this draft.    That would mean not only using a first round pick on said QB, but also trading away at least their 2nd rounder too.  

So I think Rosen is almost certainly going to Washington if he is traded.  They can land him without using multiple picks to do so.  Even if they trade their first for him, they still keep their 2nd rounder they would have lost in any trade up to get ahead of Dolphins.  And it’s not out of the question they land him for a second round pick either and kee their first.  

Note:  Dolphins could do the same though, but putting Redskins out front as there is already reported strong interest.

Could be. Cardinals could ask for more than #15. They could save face a little if they get a top 10 pick after moving up to #10 last year. It will be interesting to see.