Report: It is universally believed among NFL execs that Kyler Murray will be drafted #1 by Arizona

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

No, it's because he added 15# to weigh-in higher than he played at in college. 

I know, But it is more fun to imagine him finding ways to increase his height instead.

I remember there was a sumo wrestler who had collagen injected into the top of his head to meet the minimum height requirement. Maybe that is what Murray did…

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I know, But it is more fun to imagine him finding ways to increase his height instead.

I remember there was a sumo wrestler who had collagen injected into the top of his head to meet the minimum height requirement. Maybe that is what Murray did…

He’s the Kevin Hart of QBs

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Nope just BPA and that isnt a QB this year.  The only QB in my opinion that is worthy of a top 10 pick is Lock And whether you agree or not Allen is a better prospect than any of these QBs.  Its bad enough when teams reach when they need a QB but to reach when you dont is pretty foolish.

Like I said, it's only 1 pick.

On 3/2/2019 at 10:42 AM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

hqdefault.jpg

open mouth, insert foot.

I'm loving this. especially after some here last draft were all in on this scrub. one twitter bot in particular was all over his jock and he's gone and it looks like the scrub will be traded off to become another teams scrub back up or maybe he's done for good?

karma is a B word josh boy, a real B word. 

Conversely, I think Rosen could end up in a much better situation.  Don't count out the Patriots making a play for him.  We'll see how you feel then.

He has the tools.  Just needs the right situation.  The Saints should also explore this.  Perfect situation, if they plant him behind Brees.

42 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

If we can get him for a box of tape, done deal.

But will it be the right box of tape? If I’m Arizona I have to insist on that. The right Josh, for the right tape.

Just now, formerlyofCtown said:

So was the EJ pick and Whitner and Mike Williams and Erik Flowers and Aaron Maybin, you want some more names.  You are gonna miss on some so you need to invest them wisely.

Allen was a pick too.  LOL.  Are you trying to prove my point?

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Allen was a pick that we needed to make. If you cant see the point Im making, which is a legit one then Im not gonna waste any more time on you.  Kick rocks Troll.

"You are going to miss on some picks, so choose wisely, but this logic does not count when picking the most important position in the NFL"

Do I have that right?

8 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

He measured 5’10 1/8” at th conbine. Wilson is 5’11”.

I’m trying to figure out if that.5’10” measurement includes his Hairdo .  Are you implying this guy is the next Russell Wilson ?  

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes.  And in fact, it's highly debilitating for a team to focus too much on the "bust" probability of a 1st round pick.  Accept that it's high and move forward.

IMO, it paralyzed the Bills and kept them from pulling the trigger to draft a QB for years waiting for Mr "Can't Miss", and finally resulted in them pulling the trigger on Mr "Most likely to Miss" in a poor QB draft.

Ouch ,  you are saying that EJ sucked ?

17 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Take that with a grain of salt.

Flutie was allegedly 5' 10", but to see him on the field, he looked closer to 5' 7".

> Duct.

Take what with a grain of salt? Murray’s combine measurements? I’m pretty sure those are the vitals decision-makers in the league trust the most, precisely for the reason you allude to: the unofficial measurements put out there by college programs can be inflated or otherwise misleading. The combine numbers are probably the most reliable. 

14 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Take that with a grain of salt.

Flutie was allegedly 5' 10", but to see him on the field, he looked closer to 5' 7".

Thank you so much for this post.

I am NOT saying that Murray won't be any good in the NFL. I have not seen enough of him to make an informed comment about this, and even if I did see more of him I could easily be incorrect.

That said, the NFL is a multi-billion dollar conglomerate. If they want others to believe that Murray is 5'10" and it will make them a few hundred million, they have the juice to get it done. I saw pictures of Murray standing with Tua and Haskins at the Heisman ceremony. Tua looked MUCH taller than Murray, and he is listed at 6'1".

I'm with you BB!!! I don't believe there is any chance that Murray is 5'10".

7 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Take what with a grain of salt? Murray’s combine measurements? I’m pretty sure those are the vitals decision-makers in the league trust the most, precisely for the reason you allude to: the unofficial measurements put out there by college programs can be inflated or otherwise misleading. The combine numbers are probably the most reliable. 

The bolded doesn't sound to me like a glowing endorsement.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am NOT saying that Murray won't be any good in the NFL. I have not seen enough of him to make an informed comment about this, and even if I did see more of him I could easily be incorrect.

That said, the NFL is a multi-billion dollar conglomerate. If they want others to believe that Murray is 5'10" and it will make them a few hundred million, they have the juice to get it done. I saw pictures of Murray standing with Tua and Haskins at the Heisman ceremony. Tua looked MUCH taller than Murray, and he is listed at 6'1".

I mean, it’s not a glowing endorsement and I didn’t intend it to be. But short of finding the kid yourself and busting out your tape measure, who are you going to believe.

look what you just did in your reply Bill - made a judgment based on what, an instagram pic of him standing next to another guy, who is claimed to be 6’1”? How reliable is that? And yet you’re confident here the kid is “no way” 5’10’? Idk man.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I mentioned the other day that there is a radio host here who was at the combine and ended up standing directly next to Kyler at a restaurant the night before he was measured. He said he’s been 5’10 his entire life, he’s now 40 and pretty sure he’s not getting taller ... and he stood taller than Murray. He was shocked when Murray then was measured at 5’10 the next day. He was sure it would be 5’9 at the most. He thinks there is something weird going on with the hype around Murray. ESPN has an agenda around him too 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I mentioned the other day that there is a radio host here who was at the combine and ended up standing directly next to Kyler at a restaurant the night before he was measured. He said he’s been 5’10 his entire life, he’s now 40 and pretty sure he’s not getting taller ... and he stood taller than Murray. He was shocked when he measured 5’10 the next day. He was sure it would be 5’9 at the most. He thinks there is something weird going on with the hype around Murray. ESPN has an agenda around him too 

The agenda is money. The NFL stands to make a boat load of money from Murray. He is an extremely exciting player.

Mr. Wilson knew all along that ticket sales were the pure profit in NFL ownership. The TV contract pays the bills. Murray is going to fill stadiums next year. These folks will be eating, drinking, buying souvenirs, and parking. If he is any good (a decent probability) he will sell jerseys, etc., and he will make them untold money in the long term.

I don't mind the above either. I just don't think that it is far fetched that they would add 2 inches or so to  his "measurement."

• Like (+1) 1