Report: It is universally believed among NFL execs that Kyler Murray will be drafted #1 by Arizona

38 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It’s crazy how this works out and I’m glad to see teams not committing to a player just for the sake of previous draft choice. 

If Allen looked like crap and there was a guy we thought was the answer, I’d have no problem going QB in round one again. 

It’s not about feelings or appearances, it’s about winning 

Yep. You don't want to be impetuous, but you also don't want to stick with a guy too long. Dolphins should have moved on from RT a few years ago and I believe Tennessee should move on from MM.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

The McBeane certainly are not sentimental about keeping the prior regime picks.

Went through the Bills roster like a pipe cleaner.

Coaches and scouts too.  Part of the problem the pipe cleaner was dirty and left crap behind which needed to be cleaned by next years dirty pipe cleaner ad repeatum.

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Kim Jones just reported this live from the Combine. She said no other team believes they have a shot at him. 

...whiny, sniveling putz boy is "their Josh problem"........we "got the RIGHT ONE hands down"...............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

If a 1st this year equals a second next year, then I think they’ll get a 2nd for him. 

On talent alone, I’d say a 3rd, but with his cheap contract for the next 4 years and possibly competition between the Giants and Redskins, a 2nd wouldn’t surprise me. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Giant should be all over this. Rosen sits behind Eli for some or all of year. And going forward they could have a nice trio. Draft a tackle at six. Give cards the second rounder for Rosen. 

That would be really cool to watch play out.

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

If a 1st this year equals a second next year, then I think they’ll get a 2nd for him. 

On talent alone, I’d say a 3rd, but with his cheap contract for the next 4 years and possibly competition between the Giants and Redskins, a 2nd wouldn’t surprise me. 

Right. The return will largely depend on the number of interested parties as the Cardinals themselves won't have much leverage were they to draft Murray.

2 minutes ago, stony said:

What incredibly poor asset management this would be by the Cardinals.   

I disagree.  They needed a QB and many had him as a top guy, myself included. Also, the QB class for this year was unknown.  Kyle wasn’t supposed to be an option. 

These things happen and they have to try 

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

I disagree.  They needed a QB and many had him as a top guy, myself included. Also, the QB class for this year was unknown.  Kyle wasn’t supposed to be an option. 

These things happen and they have to try 

Do they?

Rosen didn't play poorly under the circumstances.  Selling cheap on him and taking Murray isn't smart IMO. 

11 minutes ago, stony said:

Do they?

Rosen didn't play poorly under the circumstances.  Selling cheap on him and taking Murray isn't smart IMO. 

You're right about selling Rosen cheap beig a mistake but if Murray is a franchise guy it won't matter

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, stony said:

Do they?

It depends. If Rosen doesn't pan out and Murray is a superstar, it's an excellent proactive move.

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Virgil said:

..hell I'd be on the horn in a nanosecond to the Deadskins' Boy Danny Snyder......a 1st and a 2nd would be right in his wheel house with Alex on the shelf.......

11 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

It depends. If Rosen doesn't pan out and Murray is a superstar, it's an excellent proactive move.

Well, of course.  But I'm still leaning towards the Cardinals don't want Murray and would instead prefer a huge haul of draft picks for #1.

• Like (+1) 2

I just got down here in Miami today and am eating at a sport's bar. I have heard two separate Murray to Cards and a trade of Rosen to Miami conversations. It is just so odd hearing a trade of a former top 10 first round QB after his rookie season. I then got to thinking of Allen, Darnold, and Rosen all in the AFCE. Crazy.

Edited by aceman_16

12 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

hqdefault.jpg

open mouth, insert foot.

I'm loving this. especially after some here last draft were all in on this scrub. one twitter bot in particular was all over his jock and he's gone and it looks like the scrub will be traded off to become another teams scrub back up or maybe he's done for good?

karma is a B word josh boy, a real B word. 

First, this is only a rumor of a guess.

And second, even if it happens, Rosen could still very easily be a tremendous success elsewhere. It'll be another two to three years before you get to gloat about this. If  you do.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

I mean, if we had the #1 pick, I’d consider Murray too.

Murrey might not even be the best in this class.  Id take Mayfield and Allen over him.

12 hours ago, Doc said:

Add another team to his list?

What if one of the 9 other teams gets him for a lesser pick.  Then it would appear they will waste a lesser asset on him.

6 hours ago, Buffalo86 said:

Never heard of this guy, but it makes sense:

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline reports the Redskins have "openly spoken" about trading for Cardinals QB Josh Rosen.

SOURCE: Tony Pauline on Twitter

Mar 2, 2019, 4:38 PM

"For what pick?" is the question.

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

It’s crazy how this works out and I’m glad to see teams not committing to a player just for the sake of previous draft choice. 

If Allen looked like crap and there was a guy we thought was the answer, I’d have no problem going QB in round one again. 

It’s not about feelings or appearances, it’s about winning 

And if Murray busts?

6 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Murrey might not even be the best in this class.  Id take Mayfield and Allen over him.

What if one of the 9 other teams gets him for a lesser pick.  Then it would appear they will waste a lesser asset on him.

And if he busts...it will still be a waste of an asset.