Jump to content
YoloinOhio

Report: It is universally believed among NFL execs that Kyler Murray will be drafted #1 by Arizona

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I edited it after I realized it wasn’t as obvious as I thought it was. 

"Twas a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

Using the number one  pick on a guy who stands 5’8” and wants to lay QB?  Makes a lot of sense coming from Arizona 

 

Lay QB? You mean lay down? Save money and sign Johnny Manziel.

 

f9d_brownsbillsfootball.jpeg

 

Edited by Limeaid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never heard of this guy, but it makes sense:

 

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline reports the Redskins have "openly spoken" about trading for Cardinals QB Josh Rosen.

SOURCE: Tony Pauline on Twitter

Mar 2, 2019, 4:38 PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

hqdefault.jpg

open mouth, insert foot.

 

I'm loving this. especially after some here last draft were all in on this scrub. one twitter bot in particular was all over his jock and he's gone and it looks like the scrub will be traded off to become another teams scrub back up or maybe he's done for good?

 

karma is a B word josh boy, a real B word. 

 

Karma can be a b1tch.

 

I was never sold on Rosen, but only because I thought he was not the most mobile thing I have seen and he had a pretty exaggerated wind up and took too long to release. I thought it may cause him to take a few sacks, but putting him behind the Card's line only emphasized the issues.

 

Perhaps with better protection he can turn things around, but man... if his pro career keeps going in its current trajectory these words will haunt him for the "next decade or so".

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, purple haze said:

Gettleman didn't draft him last year when he could have.  

I wouldn't be so certain he wants him now, even at a discount.

 

That’s an excellent point.

Its clearly a hypothetical at this point but with Eli’s best days behind him it’s a situation I could see happening as a “best option”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WideNine said:

 

Karma can be a b1tch.

 

I was never sold on Rosen, but only because I thought he was not the most mobile thing I have seen and he had a pretty exaggerated wind up and took too long to release. I thought it may cause him to take a few sacks, but putting him behind the Card's line only emphasized the issues.

 

Perhaps with better protection he can turn things around, but man... if his pro career keeps going in its current trajectory these words will haunt him for the "next decade or so".

Nah, this is a bad take.  This is the exact attitude you want all your players to have.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

Done for good??  Wtf?

 

if they trade him it just means the FO is total chaos.  

 

Correct

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WideNine said:

 

Karma can be a b1tch.

 

I was never sold on Rosen, but only because I thought he was not the most mobile thing I have seen and he had a pretty exaggerated wind up and took too long to release. I thought it may cause him to take a few sacks, but putting him behind the Card's line only emphasized the issues.

 

Perhaps with better protection he can turn things around, but man... if his pro career keeps going in its current trajectory these words will haunt him for the "next decade or so".

I don't know which was more shocking; Josh Allen's supreme mobility or Josh Rosen's extreme immobility. If a QB is that limited athletically, he's got to have well above average awareness/ability to slide in the pocket ala Brady and Brees. The Cardinals line was trash, but Rosen didn't appear to have any of that slow man's mobility in the games I watched.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Nah, this is a bad take.  This is the exact attitude you want all your players to have.

 

Attitude yes, but there is such a thing as using your "inside words"

 

What I really like is all the crow those NFL talking heads will have to eat who kept saying "clearly more NFL-ready" about Rosen over Allen.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

 

Attitude yes, but there is such a thing as using your "inside words"

 

What I really like is all the crow those NFL talking heads will have to eat who kept saying "clearly more NFL-ready" about Rosen over Allen.

 

 

I mean, who cares?  He said how he was feeling, and Cards fans probably loved it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

I don't know which was more shocking; Josh Allen's supreme mobility or Josh Rosen's extreme immobility. If a QB is that limited athletically, he's got to have well above average awareness/ability to slide in the pocket ala Brady and Brees. The Cardinals line was trash, but Rosen didn't appear to have any of that slow man's mobility in the games I watched.

In the games I watched there wasn't anywhere to slide lol. It was like a free pass for the D line all game. If they don't put some emphasis on the line, they will be drafting 1st next year too.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I mean, who cares?  He said how he was feeling, and Cards fans probably loved it.

 

No one cares... it is humorous in its irony.

 

Like a pro player pointing over the fence with his bat and then grounding out and tripping over his own feet on his way to 1st base.

 

Why do you care so much - Rosen fan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WideNine said:

 

No one cares... it is humorous in its irony.

 

Like a pro player pointing over the fence with his bat and then grounding out and tripping over his own feet on his way to 1st base.

 

Why do you care so much - Rosen fan?

Your take is just bad.  The words won't "haunt him for a decade."

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

 

Correct

 

Would you take Murray at #1 GB?  I know you liked Rosen a lot.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

In the games I watched there wasn't anywhere to slide lol. It was like a free pass for the D line all game. If they don't put some emphasis on the line, they will be drafting 1st next year too.

Could be the case and I'm sure there are plenty of teams with that line of thinking if he really is available. As much as I personally didn't see it in Rosen, I doubt he goes for less than a late first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

In the games I watched there wasn't anywhere to slide lol. It was like a free pass for the D line all game. If they don't put some emphasis on the line, they will be drafting 1st next year too.

 

It's not like Allen had a clean pocket to throw from... I believe most stat sites had the Cards and the Bills o-lines rated as worst and next worst.

Edited by WideNine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Your take is just bad.  The words won't "haunt him for a decade."

Would you take Murray at #1 GB?  I know you liked Rosen a lot.

 

That was just a play on Rosen's own words that "over the next decade" teams would regret not taking him.

 

If the Cards do draft QB after just one year with Rosen and with a new regime, you have to wonder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WideNine said:

It's not like Allen had a clean pocket to throw from... I believe most stat sites had the Bills and Cards o-lines rated as worst and next worst.

 

Allen has mobility, and was known to be mobile (not as mobile as he proved here, but one critique of him was that he'd sense pressure and bail) pre-draft.

 

Rosen was actually a bit more mobile than I thought he was pre-draft, but that's not saying a lot, because pre-draft I thought he was a statue. 

When you draft a statue, you freakin' well better have an OL to protect him or fuhgettabout it.

 

 

 

 

21 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

I don't know which was more shocking; Josh Allen's supreme mobility or Josh Rosen's extreme immobility. If a QB is that limited athletically, he's got to have well above average awareness/ability to slide in the pocket ala Brady and Brees. The Cardinals line was trash, but Rosen didn't appear to have any of that slow man's mobility in the games I watched.

 

Rosen's extreme immobility shouldn't have shocked anyone.  Like I said, it was evident pre-draft and was actually not quite as bad as I thought.

 

The scope of Allen's athleticism and rushing ability shocked a lot of folks.  He successfully kept that pretty well hidden pre-draft.

 

Agree that Rosen doesn't seem to have the degree of pocket awareness one would like.

  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just dont see it unless they can trade Rosen for a top 10 pick.  I see them taking a top defender or trading down.  They may even take Metcalf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s crazy how this works out and I’m glad to see teams not committing to a player just for the sake of previous draft choice. 

 

If Allen looked like crap and there was a guy we thought was the answer, I’d have no problem going QB in round one again. 

 

It’s not about feelings or appearances, it’s about winning 

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It’s crazy how this works out and I’m glad to see teams not committing to a player just for the sake of previous draft choice. 

 

If Allen looked like crap and there was a guy we thought was the answer, I’d have no problem going QB in round one again. 

 

It’s not about feelings or appearances, it’s about winning 

 

The McBeane certainly are not sentimental about keeping the prior regime picks.

 

Went through the Bills roster like a pipe cleaner.

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

 

 

 

 

Rosen's extreme immobility shouldn't have shocked anyone.  Like I said, it was evident pre-draft and was actually not quite as bad as I thought.

 

The scope of Allen's athleticism and rushing ability shocked a lot of folks.  He successfully kept that pretty well hidden pre-draft.

 

Agree that Rosen doesn't seem to have the degree of pocket awareness one would like.

I would say the comment regarding immobility had more to do with the personal eye test. He had an AWFUL line, but would also stand there like a sitting duck ala Rob Johnson. I knew he was slow, but he was also projected as the most pro ready.  I expected to see better awareness(again my limited perception.) A QB needn't be athletic to be "mobile" in the pocket. It's been said that Tom Brady is the most "mobile" QB in the NFL with the little shimmies and such. I wouldn't rule out Rosen developing as that would be premature. My OPINION is that he doesn't have what it takes to be a top flight QB. He was actually the QB I wanted in the draft, and fully expect at least one team to chalk it up to rookie season/horrible supporting cast. That also presumes the rumors are true and the Cards take Murray. Time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It’s crazy how this works out and I’m glad to see teams not committing to a player just for the sake of previous draft choice. 

 

If Allen looked like crap and there was a guy we thought was the answer, I’d have no problem going QB in round one again. 

 

It’s not about feelings or appearances, it’s about winning 

I mean, if we had the #1 pick, I’d consider Murray too.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

 

No way he gets that much in a trade IMO.  I bet it’s a 2nd rounder at best.  I mean he spent a season sucking, so he won’t get a trade value return near what they invested IMO

 

I would have to agree.  Its EXACTLY like buying a new car, putting 3000 miles on it and trying to sell it a year later.  You drove it off the lot.  

 

With THAT said, the Giants could make a trade for him.  Sitting behind Eli one year for ‘minimal’investment seems like a wise move. 

Edited by Fred Marchibroda
Typo
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×