Report: It is universally believed among NFL execs that Kyler Murray will be drafted #1 by Arizona

It's also been said, at times teams meet with players to get a feel for that players teammates. Maybe not directly, but they could massage some sentiments in regards to other players out of Bosa for instance...

e.g. say Arizona is looking at Jones, his teammate who played along that line. Maybe ask Bosa something along the lines of, other than him self, who does he see as a leader of the defense. See who he names. 

Things along those lines. Plus, you could be playing against the kid, and whatever other variety of reasons they meet with these kids. I dont think it's a major waste of time like some are making it out to be.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah basically... there’s still a month to go and Murray could get arrested or whatever, something could happen. You have to do the due diligence ...  

Or be seen smoking in a gas mask so he drops to the Dolphins!

15 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

It's also been said, at times teams meet with players to get a feel for that players teammates. Maybe not directly, but they could massage some sentiments in regards to other players out of Bosa for instance...

e.g. say Arizona is looking at Jones, his teammate who played along that line. Maybe ask Bosa something along the lines of, other than him self, who does he see as a leader of the defense. See who he names. 

Things along those lines. Plus, you could be playing against the kid, and whatever other variety of reasons they meet with these kids. I dont think it's a major waste of time like some are making it out to be.

Yes good point, that happens a lot, and if they didn’t meet with him at all it would he too obvious on the QB situation which they’ve tried to deny 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

failed 1st round pick. should of just left it at that rather then use a name example. as for the same planet, remains to be seen. sorry, I'm not impressed with rosen in the least bit.

They were nothing alike....before or after the draft.

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

They were nothing alike....before or after the draft.

Sure they were. Before the draft they were both able to convince people they were first round material. After the draft they were able to convince people they weren't. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Sure they were. Before the draft they were both able to convince people they were first round material. After the draft they were able to convince people they weren't. 

Only Doug Whaley was so convinced.

Rosen did ok on an awful team with zero NFL caliber coaching. 

AZ is about to jettison decent shot at a franchise QB for a mediocre MLB prospect. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Rosen did ok on an awful team with zero NFL caliber coaching. 

AZ is about to jettison decent shot at a franchise QB for a mediocre MLB prospect. 

Am I the only dude alive who thinks Arizona should keep Rosen AND draft Murray? 

A QB competition between two high-potential 1st rounders? That sounds like the best way I can think of to be as sure as you can that you've found a franchise QB.

You can still trade whoever loses the competition later on. You don't HAVE to trade Rosen now.

The only way this wouldn't make sense is if they sense Rosen is going to be a disgruntled turd about it. If that's the case, then he wasn't worth the 1st to begin with.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

A QB competition between two high-potential 1st rounders? That sounds like the best way I can think of to be as sure as you can that you've found a franchise QB.

You can still trade whoever loses the competition later on. You don't HAVE to trade Rosen now.

The only way this wouldn't make sense is if they sense Rosen is going to be a disgruntled turd about it. If that's the case, then he wasn't worth the 1st to begin with.

Interesting 

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm guessing Kingsbury doesn't like Rosen's game at all. Rosen is going to lose the competition and Kingsbury is going to build his offense around Murray. Rosen still has some prospect shine, and compares well to the draft class of quarterbacks this year. Rosen is only a couple of months older than Haskins and Murray and is actually younger than Lock. 

Anyway, Rosen's trade value will never be higher than it is right now because the QB class is eh and his prospect shine is still there, so they need to move him now imo. 

On 3/2/2019 at 9:39 AM, HansLanda said:

The question is where would Murray be slotted if he came out last year? That could be a indicator. Rosen gets you no more than a 2nd and a late round pick... 

Baker

Allen <--- I am biased

Darnold

Murray

Lamar

Rosen

?

Baker 

Allen

Darnold

Murray

Rosen

Lamar

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 10:39 AM, HansLanda said:

The question is where would Murray be slotted if he came out last year? That could be a indicator. Rosen gets you no more than a 2nd and a late round pick... 

Baker

Allen <--- I am biased

Darnold

Murray

Lamar

Rosen

?

Baker

Allen

Darnald

Rosen

Murray

Lamar

If you're the Cards and assuming you want Murray, would you consider trading out of the first pick (to someone who presumably wants Bosa) and take a chance that Murray is available later?  I'm assuming this would be a trade with the Jets, Raiders, or Bucs, not a team outside the top five.  Personally, I can't see another team taking Murray in the top five.  This would be a bit of a gamble, but IMO would make a lot of sense.  If they play it smart, Cardinals might very well be able to pick up a bundle of extra picks or an extra first rounder in 2020.  

On 3/2/2019 at 7:39 AM, HansLanda said:

Baker

Allen <--- I am biased

Darnold

Murray

Lamar

Rosen

?

Mayfield

Darnold

Allen

Murray

Rosen

Jackson

9 minutes ago, mannc said:

If you're the Cards and assuming you want Murray, would you consider trading out of the first pick (to someone who presumably wants Bosa) and take a chance that Murray is available later?  I'm assuming this would be a trade with the Jets, Raiders, or Bucs, not a team outside the top five.  Personally, I can't see another team taking Murray in the top five.  This would be a bit of a gamble, but IMO would make a lot of sense.  If they play it smart, Cardinals might very well be able to pick up a bundle of extra picks or an extra first rounder in 2020.  

If you believe Murray is your franchise QB, you don't open up the risk that your division rival at #2 could potentially trade your guy out from under you, bottom line.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

If you believe Murray is your franchise QB, you don't open up the risk that your division rival at #2 could potentially trade your guy out from under you, bottom line.

Yes, but what other team is taking Murray at 2?   I don’t see it...