Report: It is universally believed among NFL execs that Kyler Murray will be drafted #1 by Arizona

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Yes. Presumably his weight can change, but his height can't. 

And everyone already knows that his 206 at the combine was severely inflated and that he'll never be that heavy again. Those types of measurables, and even his 40, dont mean squat at this point. Get him out there and let him throw, and get him on the white board with the Xs and Os. That's all that matters right now.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

This... is too smart of an idea for Gettleman to pull off.

But I like your thinking. Maybe flip that #17 pick they just got from Cleveland?

it might not even take that much. 2nd rounder might do it. let rosen sit. if they can keep both first rounders they can get another wr and a nice def player and start the rebuild quick. 

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This... is too smart of an idea for Gettleman to pull off.

But I like your thinking. Maybe flip that #17 pick they just got from Cleveland?

Realistically if Miami or Washington likes Rosen more than Lock (or Jones) they should be offering their picks too, though I know Miami is supposedly tanking for Tua.

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

it might not even take that much. 2nd rounder might do it. let rosen sit. if they can keep both first rounders they can get another wr and a nice def player and start the rebuild quick. 

I'd just assume AZ wants a 1st since thats where they picked him last year and had to invest 3 picks to get there. But maybe he could be had for cheaper. Gettleman just needs to ask.

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'd just assume AZ wants a 1st since thats where they picked him last year and had to invest 3 picks to get there. But maybe he could be had for cheaper. Gettleman just needs to ask.

Eh, I think he played his way out of being worth a 1st.  If I'm Gettleman, my first question after they ask for a 1st is "If he's worth a 1st why are you replacing him already?"

Not going to lie, I would love to see Bills take Murray if he somehow slipped to us. It’ll never happen for a bunch of reasons but I can’t help thinking that he’ll be a better QB long-term than Allen. I suspect he’ll be better short-term too. Russell Wilson 2.0. 

All that said, I still like Allen and support him, and all these off season improvements should put him in a better position to succeed this year. 

13 minutes ago, HiddenInLight said:

Eh, I think he played his way out of being worth a 1st.  If I'm Gettleman, my first question after they ask for a 1st is "If he's worth a 1st why are you replacing him already?"

Wait....what??

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Well he did it at the Combine and theoretically that should be the only measurement that is needed/counts.  It's not like you can (in reality) gain or lose height within the space of a couple weeks.  But if they fudged his height at the Combine, that's sad. 

Yeah, this is a 205 pounder..

Image result for kyler murray combine

Here he is being chased by a full sized adult:

Image result for kyler murray combine

I can't believe i'm gonna agree with Charlie Casserley but watching his workout his ball placement isn't great on quite a few throws. He has also made some on the money throws but he is getting a lot of help with catches by his Receivers and Tight Ends.

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He played about as well as Allen as a rookie on the NFL's worst team with a rookie HC who is already fired.

Hot take...

If he was anywhere near decent his team (with a HOF WR) would not be replacing him the next year while having the first overall pick.  They'd be using it to build around him.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HiddenInLight said:

If he was anywhere near decent his team (with a HOF WR) would not be replacing him the next year while having the first overall pick.  They'd be using it to build around him.

Is Rosen being replaced?    I haven't seen any serious mention of a trade yet .  Only the earlier rumors that Cardinals have him on the block.

1 minute ago, prissythecat said:

Is Rosen being replaced?    I haven't seen any serious mention of a trade yet .  Only the earlier rumors that Cardinals have him on the block.

We are literally having this discussion in a thread about how everyone thinks Rosen's team is taking a QB first overall.  You don't take a QB first overall to not be your starter.  Therefor he is being replaced.

9 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Not going to lie, I would love to see Bills take Murray if he somehow slipped to us. It’ll never happen for a bunch of reasons but I can’t help thinking that he’ll be a better QB long-term than Allen. I suspect he’ll be better short-term too. Russell Wilson 2.0. 

All that said, I still like Allen and support him, and all these off season improvements should put him in a better position to succeed this year. 

Russell Wilson is the exception.  Not worth taking that big of a risk.

29 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah, this is a 205 pounder..

It's well-known that he played at 190# or so in college and bulked-up for the Combine, hence the reason he didn't (and still won't) do drills.  My  point is that if the NFL isn't measuring invitees accurately, that's a joke.

• Like (+1) 1