Report: It is universally believed among NFL execs that Kyler Murray will be drafted #1 by Arizona

On March 4, 2019 at 1:59 PM, Bill from NYC said:

I'm telling you OMF, it's about money. This kid is going to make HUGE bucks for the owner before the season even starts!!!

I bet.  Remember all those RG3 jerseys selling like hotcakes for a while....

• Like (+1) 1

Becoming pretty obvious Arizona is taking Murray #1.  Guess he hurt a couple loser GM’s feeling during interviews, but if I know I’m going #1, not sure why I’d give any info to guys who are gonna be trying to beat me for the next 15 years.  So I guess it’s fair game for GM’s to whine to Casserly about an interview with a prospect, but when a prospect like Polite talks about being criticized in interviews it’s a no-no.  

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is where the comparison to Russell Wilson is again, vividly, exposed as totally ridiculous.

This kid really seems to be a slug--a great, dumb athlete.   Wilson is a brilliant football player and knows the game--through hard work and intuitively.

This,combined with a nobody as HC (the second such HC AZ has had in 2 years) will be a fantastic disaster.

I thought he looked completely unprepared against Bama, their only real challenge on D the entire year (and that's questionable considering how Clemson / Lawrence looked against them).  Once Bama was up 28-0 he settled in and his final stat line looked almost acceptable but that game was over before anyone blinked.

A team would be insane to take him over Haskins.

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Becoming pretty obvious Arizona is taking Murray #1.  Guess he hurt a couple loser GM’s feeling during interviews, but if I know I’m going #1, not sure why I’d give any info to guys who are gonna be trying to beat me for the next 15 years.  So I guess it’s fair game for GM’s to whine to Casserly about an interview with a prospect, but when a prospect like Polite talks about being criticized in interviews it’s a no-no.  

Kind of the way it works as GMs are the ones signing the checks.

Polite and Murray aren't interviewing GMs for GM roles. They are being interviewed and owe it to themselves to be prepared.

The better a player interviews and can demonstrate and diagnose plays on the board, the better their chances of being drafted or being drafted earlier, unless they are doing poorly in the drills too.

Being drafted earlier means more money, so it is smart to come physically and mentally prepared.

Feedback about how players interview and their board work aren't confidential and are talked about every year...

If they go over film with a player and he is asked why did you screw up this play and he gets defensive and upset, they are picturing what their coaches and team will be dealing with when trying to correct mistakes during film, practice, and games.

Same thing when asking players to draw up plays on a board and detail assignments. How well did the player understand the scheme he was in and everyone's role.

They basically are looking for how coachable is this prospect, and do we think he is a good fit for our team.

There is a twitter rumour doing the rounds that a team with serious interest in Murray pre interviews has now taken him off their board. It doesn't appear to be the Cardinals so maybe it doesn't matter.... but he really does appear to have bombed totally in the interview process. 

I think the people advising the kid over the past 12 months have done an absolutely terrible job. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There is a twitter rumour doing the rounds that a team with serious interest in Murray pre interviews has now taken him off their board. It doesn't appear to be the Cardinals so maybe it doesn't matter.... but he really does appear to have bombed totally in the interview process. 

I think the people advising the kid over the past 12 months have done an absolutely terrible job. 

Just saw this before checking in here a few minutes ago:

https://nypost.com/2019/03/05/kyler-murray-backlash-arrives-worst-reports-execs-ever-heard/

Edited by SinceThe70s

Just now, Doc said:

Actions speak louder than words.  All you need to know is whether the Cardinals are shopping Rosen or not. 

And how can we possibly know either way? All these teams do is lie and get false information.  I guess we will have an answer soon.

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And how can we possibly know either way? All these teams do is lie and get false information.  I guess we will have an answer soon.

The GMs will know. 

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

Actions speak louder than words.  All you need to know is whether the Cardinals are shopping Rosen or not. 

And if they are?  That would confirm that Klingsbury is blindly all in on Murray, as reported.  Doesn't mean other teams didn't react the way Casserly is describing.

• Like (+1) 1

I cant see where the Cards would throw away Rosen to go with Murray. That would be a huge waste of a draft last year. They might be able to get a third round pick for Rosen. If AZ takes him 1st overall, would they be the first team to take QB's in the first round in back to back years?