Report: It is universally believed among NFL execs that Kyler Murray will be drafted #1 by Arizona

Just now, WideNine said:

Karma can be a b1tch.

I was never sold on Rosen, but only because I thought he was not the most mobile thing I have seen and he had a pretty exaggerated wind up and took too long to release. I thought it may cause him to take a few sacks, but putting him behind the Card's line only emphasized the issues.

Perhaps with better protection he can turn things around, but man... if his pro career keeps going in its current trajectory these words will haunt him for the "next decade or so".

Nah, this is a bad take.  This is the exact attitude you want all your players to have.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

Karma can be a b1tch.

I was never sold on Rosen, but only because I thought he was not the most mobile thing I have seen and he had a pretty exaggerated wind up and took too long to release. I thought it may cause him to take a few sacks, but putting him behind the Card's line only emphasized the issues.

Perhaps with better protection he can turn things around, but man... if his pro career keeps going in its current trajectory these words will haunt him for the "next decade or so".

I don't know which was more shocking; Josh Allen's supreme mobility or Josh Rosen's extreme immobility. If a QB is that limited athletically, he's got to have well above average awareness/ability to slide in the pocket ala Brady and Brees. The Cardinals line was trash, but Rosen didn't appear to have any of that slow man's mobility in the games I watched.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Nah, this is a bad take.  This is the exact attitude you want all your players to have.

Attitude yes, but there is such a thing as using your "inside words"

What I really like is all the crow those NFL talking heads will have to eat who kept saying "clearly more NFL-ready" about Rosen over Allen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Attitude yes, but there is such a thing as using your "inside words"

What I really like is all the crow those NFL talking heads will have to eat who kept saying "clearly more NFL-ready" about Rosen over Allen.

I mean, who cares?  He said how he was feeling, and Cards fans probably loved it.

7 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

I don't know which was more shocking; Josh Allen's supreme mobility or Josh Rosen's extreme immobility. If a QB is that limited athletically, he's got to have well above average awareness/ability to slide in the pocket ala Brady and Brees. The Cardinals line was trash, but Rosen didn't appear to have any of that slow man's mobility in the games I watched.

In the games I watched there wasn't anywhere to slide lol. It was like a free pass for the D line all game. If they don't put some emphasis on the line, they will be drafting 1st next year too.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I mean, who cares?  He said how he was feeling, and Cards fans probably loved it.

No one cares... it is humorous in its irony.

Like a pro player pointing over the fence with his bat and then grounding out and tripping over his own feet on his way to 1st base.

Why do you care so much - Rosen fan?

Just now, WideNine said:

No one cares... it is humorous in its irony.

Like a pro player pointing over the fence with his bat and then grounding out and tripping over his own feet on his way to 1st base.

Why do you care so much - Rosen fan?

Your take is just bad.  The words won't "haunt him for a decade."

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Correct

Would you take Murray at #1 GB?  I know you liked Rosen a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

In the games I watched there wasn't anywhere to slide lol. It was like a free pass for the D line all game. If they don't put some emphasis on the line, they will be drafting 1st next year too.

Could be the case and I'm sure there are plenty of teams with that line of thinking if he really is available. As much as I personally didn't see it in Rosen, I doubt he goes for less than a late first.

14 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It's not like Allen had a clean pocket to throw from... I believe most stat sites had the Cards and the Bills o-lines rated as worst and next worst.

Edited by WideNine

7 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Your take is just bad.  The words won't "haunt him for a decade."

Would you take Murray at #1 GB?  I know you liked Rosen a lot.

That was just a play on Rosen's own words that "over the next decade" teams would regret not taking him.

If the Cards do draft QB after just one year with Rosen and with a new regime, you have to wonder.

5 minutes ago, WideNine said:

It's not like Allen had a clean pocket to throw from... I believe most stat sites had the Bills and Cards o-lines rated as worst and next worst.

Allen has mobility, and was known to be mobile (not as mobile as he proved here, but one critique of him was that he'd sense pressure and bail) pre-draft.

Rosen was actually a bit more mobile than I thought he was pre-draft, but that's not saying a lot, because pre-draft I thought he was a statue. 

When you draft a statue, you freakin' well better have an OL to protect him or fuhgettabout it.

21 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

Rosen's extreme immobility shouldn't have shocked anyone.  Like I said, it was evident pre-draft and was actually not quite as bad as I thought.

The scope of Allen's athleticism and rushing ability shocked a lot of folks.  He successfully kept that pretty well hidden pre-draft.

Agree that Rosen doesn't seem to have the degree of pocket awareness one would like.

• Thank you (+1) 2

It’s crazy how this works out and I’m glad to see teams not committing to a player just for the sake of previous draft choice. 

If Allen looked like crap and there was a guy we thought was the answer, I’d have no problem going QB in round one again. 

It’s not about feelings or appearances, it’s about winning 

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It’s crazy how this works out and I’m glad to see teams not committing to a player just for the sake of previous draft choice. 

If Allen looked like crap and there was a guy we thought was the answer, I’d have no problem going QB in round one again. 

The McBeane certainly are not sentimental about keeping the prior regime picks.

Went through the Bills roster like a pipe cleaner.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Rosen's extreme immobility shouldn't have shocked anyone.  Like I said, it was evident pre-draft and was actually not quite as bad as I thought.

The scope of Allen's athleticism and rushing ability shocked a lot of folks.  He successfully kept that pretty well hidden pre-draft.

Agree that Rosen doesn't seem to have the degree of pocket awareness one would like.

I would say the comment regarding immobility had more to do with the personal eye test. He had an AWFUL line, but would also stand there like a sitting duck ala Rob Johnson. I knew he was slow, but he was also projected as the most pro ready.  I expected to see better awareness(again my limited perception.) A QB needn't be athletic to be "mobile" in the pocket. It's been said that Tom Brady is the most "mobile" QB in the NFL with the little shimmies and such. I wouldn't rule out Rosen developing as that would be premature. My OPINION is that he doesn't have what it takes to be a top flight QB. He was actually the QB I wanted in the draft, and fully expect at least one team to chalk it up to rookie season/horrible supporting cast. That also presumes the rumors are true and the Cards take Murray. Time will tell.

24 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I mean, if we had the #1 pick, I’d consider Murray too.

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No way he gets that much in a trade IMO.  I bet it’s a 2nd rounder at best.  I mean he spent a season sucking, so he won’t get a trade value return near what they invested IMO

I would have to agree.  Its EXACTLY like buying a new car, putting 3000 miles on it and trying to sell it a year later.  You drove it off the lot.  

With THAT said, the Giants could make a trade for him.  Sitting behind Eli one year for ‘minimal’investment seems like a wise move. 

Edited by Fred Marchibroda
Typo
  • Like (+1) 1