Report: It is universally believed among NFL execs that Kyler Murray will be drafted #1 by Arizona

15 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

I like Eisens comment about how if Rosen thought 9 teams made a mistake last draft...whats this gonna do to him.lol

hqdefault.jpg

open mouth, insert foot.

I'm loving this. especially after some here last draft were all in on this scrub. one twitter bot in particular was all over his jock and he's gone and it looks like the scrub will be traded off to become another teams scrub back up or maybe he's done for good?

karma is a B word josh boy, a real B word. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, nickrage said:

So then what happens to Rosen?

Enter Dave Gettleman.

Could the cards take Murray at one 

then trade Rosen to the giants for the sixth overall pick?

Oh....everyone knows what is going to happen to Rosen.  The Pats* are going to get him for a 8th Round pick, he is going to sit behind Brady for a year or 2, and then dominate the AFC East for the next 17 years.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, nickrage said:

So then what happens to Rosen?

Enter Dave Gettleman.

Could the cards take Murray at one 

then trade Rosen to the giants for the sixth overall pick?

No way he gets that much in a trade IMO.  I bet it’s a 2nd rounder at best.  I mean he spent a season sucking, so he won’t get a trade value return near what they invested IMO

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Oh....everyone knows what is going to happen to Rosen.  The Pats* are going to get him for a 8th Round pick, he is going to sit behind Brady for a year or 2, and then dominate the AFC East for the next 17 years.

This is weirdly not insane. And thank you for ruining my weekend with this scenario.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No way he gets that much in a trade IMO.  I bet it’s a 3nd rounder at beat.  I mean he spent a season sucking, so he won’t get a trade value return near what they invested IMO

I am thinking his absolute top ceiling in trade value would be Miami at 13 or Washington at 15. Either one desperately need a young QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Doc said:

True but I guess their thinking is that it would be easier to get a guy who can scramble in the pocket than try and fix the OL.

I agree that the coach/team/QB fit might be better. 

Just now, Bills2ref said:

I am thinking his absolute top ceiling in trade value would be Miami at 13 or Washington at 15. Either one desperately need a young QB. 

I agree, and will come down to a combo of how highly they regarded him (if at all) last year, how they view the current class that will be available, and how desperate they are to make a move. 

Not all teams liked Rosen last year, Bills didn’t even have him on their board reportedly.  So will be interesting to watch this unfold and see what interest there is.

Also, they could keep both for 2020 and let them battle it out like Brees/Rivers, Aikman/Walsh, etc and then move the guy who doesn’t ultimately win the long term job.  

9 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Oops, I wrote “3nd” rounder in the post you replied to ha.  Obviously meant 2nd rounder.  Typo ha

• Like (+1) 1

Josh Rosen still has a chance to be a very good QB in this league. 

You cannot judge a guy on his rookie season alone, especially with a team as awful as Arizona.

With that said, you have to wonder what the heck is going on in Arizona's front office (assuming this report is true).

They fired the head coach Steve Wilks after one season.  They drafted a QB in the Top 10 and are now ready to move-on after one season.

I can't blame Kliff Kingsbury however.  Rosen is a very polarizing guy and his personality really rubbed some people the wrong way.  His skills are also limited to being a traditional pocket passer.  If Kingsbury doesn't believe he's a good fit for what he's trying to build, I give him credit for recognizing that immediately and being willing to make a bold move.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, mjt328 said:

Josh Rosen still has a chance to be a very good QB in this league. 

You cannot judge a guy on his rookie season alone, especially with a team as awful as Arizona.

With that said, you have to wonder what the heck is going on in Arizona's front office (assuming this report is true).

They fired the head coach Steve Wilks after one season.  They drafted a QB in the Top 10 and are now ready to move-on after one season.

I can't blame Kliff Kingsbury however.  Rosen is a very polarizing guy and his personality really rubbed some people the wrong way.  His skills are also limited to being a traditional pocket passer.  If Kingsbury doesn't believe he's a good fit for what he's trying to build, I give him credit for recognizing that immediately and being willing to make a bold move.

Great analysis. Kind of where I am as well. Is it extremely uncommon to move on after one year? Sure. But Kingsbury and Heim could have (probably have) had a lot of conversation on this topic. Kingsbury could have an Air raid system he wants to incorporate and views Murray as the best chance to success given the status of the O-line in Arizona. It could all be an elaborate ruse to get someone (Giants, Jags, Raiders) to overpay for first overall. At this point I would say it’s 50/50. Easy to fall in love with Murray as a prospect, especially if he runs in the 4.3’s during his pro-day. Also easy to hate Murray as a prospect. Truly polarizing player.