ASU WR K’Neal Harry is projected as a 2nd rd prospect.

On 3/7/2019 at 5:25 PM, CommonCents said:

I respect the homer thing and I understand. Sometimes I have a hard time rating LSU guys. 

You have gone full Skydiver on the board. Lance Zierlien’s scouting report on Harry...

-Feet not quick enough in stutter release vs. press

-Tends to wear tight press coverage for much of the route

-NFL corners likely to squat on and squeeze his breaks and turns

-Too upright slowing his route breaks

-Below average stop-start quickness to elude defenders.

All of that contradicts what you’re saying. All of that meshes with a guy who didn’t want to run timed agility drills. All of that also is what I saw from what I watched of Harry. 

I also agree all of those weaknesses would be masked by a pin point passer. ThAt’s not Josh Allen and I don’t ever think it will be. 

Harry is 34 year old Larry Fitzgerald. I’m sure of it. 

While I normally like Z as a scout, it’s bothersome to me when I read reports like this that seemingly only use comparisons to all other receivers. Harry is a unique guy. He’s enormous. Of course his feet are not going to be as quick as most WR. You don’t want him bending as much as you would a smaller guy. It’s like saying Jack Eichel doesn’t move his legs as fast as other skaters. He doesn’t. But his long strides make him the second fastest skater in the league (during all star week). If you watched Harry game in game out he does everything you want. I think he still goes in round one. I'd love him on the Bills (not at 9 of course) and I think soon you would too. 

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

While I normally like Z as a scout, it’s bothersome to me when I read reports like this that seemingly only use comparisons to all other receivers. Harry is a unique guy. He’s enormous. Of course his feet are not going to be as quick as most WR. You don’t want him bending as much as you would a smaller guy. It’s like saying Jack Eichel doesn’t move his legs as fast as other skaters. He doesn’t. But his long strides make him the second fastest skater in the league (during all star week). If you watched Harry game in game out he does everything you want. I think he still goes in round one. I'd love him on the Bills (not at 9 of course) and I think soon you would too. 

I don't think we pass on elite DL at #9, but a trade back, picking up another second  and drafting Harry is a nice plan. Harry and Andy Isabella are the wrs I like best in the draft. DK might turn out well, but too much risk, imo.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Yeah maybe...

Where would you consider picking him though?

I couldn’t pick him before late 20s and I think you take him with your second pick and trade up..

I would be willing to draft him in any trade down scenario to be honest.  If we go down even a little and pickup another 2nd.  

On 3/2/2019 at 6:54 AM, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Potential WRs at pick 40...

Hakeem Butler (he should go earlier 25-35)

Kelvin Harmon (30-40)

NKeal Harry (30-40)

Riley Ridley (35-50)

AJ Brown (35-50)

Deebo Samuels (40-60)

Been watching Kelvin Harmon, NCS highlights and this guy is incredible. I would be very happy with him in the 2nd. Draft Ed Oliver in the 1st. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/2/2019 at 5:14 AM, JaCrispy said:

I mean, he seems like a serviceable WR if that’s the style you are looking for...but for me, personally, I prefer burners with short area quickness, ala “Hollywood” Brown or Isabella...to me, guys like this get consistent separation all over the field, and it is rare that DBs will be able to cover them...you could literally score on any given play...Harry had some nice catches but nothing in the video really “wow’d” me like with those other players mentioned.

I want that Tyreek Hill or Julian Edelman type WR  for JA.

If want a Tyreek Hill type of deep threat why are you so down on Metcalf?  He gives Buffalo that same ability but instead of 5'10 195 it's coming from 6'3 230

13 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

If want a Tyreek Hill type of deep threat why are you so down on Metcalf?  He gives Buffalo that same ability but instead of 5'10 195 it's coming from 6'3 230

Metcalf just hasn’t shown me enough to give me confidence in his ability to be an nfl receiver... now, that’s not to say that he can’t- he very well may be able to...but I don’t like taking chances on guys that have not played the position  before at a consistent level...throw in the injury history and it’s just too risky for my blood at #9.

Edited by JaCrispy

32 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Yet, DM never really dominated in college.  Also besides his speed and domestic violence skills, Hill is extremely shifty. I think a guy like DM struggles with that.

I just really dont see Harry being there in the 2nd. I think he goes top 15-20. 

JAX at 7

GB at 12 (or 30)

WAS at 15

TEN at 19

PIT at 20

BAL at 22

IND at 26

KC at 29

Dont be shocked if AZ trades its 2nd rounder and another pick to move back in the first and get him. Pair him up with K Murray and work alongside Larry Fitz.

10 hours ago, DevilsAlum said:

Having watched every ASU game for the past few seasons (I'm an alum) I can say that Henry had an amazing career at ASU and I would love to see him in a Bills uniform. While I'm not an expert, Henry caught everything thrown in his direction, which might be helpful with a QB who struggles with accuracy. He's also been the focus of ASU's passing offense so that means he's been the focus of the DCs and yet the kid gets open every game. His QB, Manny Wilkins, was not accurate at all and would just chuck the ball of and let Henry make plays. 
While Henry's made a number of unbelievable catches, take a look at his punt returns and rads after catch and contact. 

Exactly. Harry was able to produce. Most people just want to say his production dropped because the stats show that, but what they don't see is that ASU couldn't figure out how to use Harry and started running the ball more due to poor QB play. 

Harry is the same size as DK. Put up the same reps at the combine. Is a high character kid and is a 3rd year player. 

DK is a second year player and really only ran two routes. 

For me Harry right now is better than DK and has all the upside with less risk. 

4 hours ago, Yav said:

Exactly. Harry was able to produce. Most people just want to say his production dropped because the stats show that, but what they don't see is that ASU couldn't figure out how to use Harry and started running the ball more due to poor QB play. 

Harry is the same size as DK. Put up the same reps at the combine. Is a high character kid and is a 3rd year player. 

DK is a second year player and really only ran two routes. 

For me Harry right now is better than DK and has all the upside with less risk. 

Yav you're really banging the table for this kid. I love to see that. I have not seen much of him but I hope you're right and hope the bills take him. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HomeTeam said:

Yav you're really banging the table for this kid. I love to see that. I have not seen much of him but I hope you're right and hope the bills take him. 

He’s a good kid. He’s willing to block as well as contribute on special teams. His YAC is the best of all WR in this draft. 

I believe he’s going to be similar to Anquan Bolin. Big strong dependable WR. 

He plays faster than that 4.5 40 time. 

Watch some one of the videos of him on YouTube. 

I just think he is a safer pick than DK and he’s from my school ? 

• Like (+1) 1

Admittedly, I have only seen the highlight reels of N'Keal and while he looks to be in the mold of a Boldin sort of reciever who is extremely strong, physical and able to pluck balls out of the air with his strong hands, he rarely seems to separate.  I'm not sure if our experiences with Kelvin have skewed how I view receivers who dont separate well, but it's certainly a cause for concern.  I'm probably unfairly comparing the two but separation matters and if you had to be concerned about any part of his game, I think you could justifiably say this would be the one.

What I don’t get is when you have a qb who isn’t the most accurate (I know cult, it’s all the receivers’ fault) and is tall, why don’t you get some tall receivers?  If Allen misses, it’s probably going to be high.  I really hope this guy and Butler are draft day targets.  

A good receiving core is like a basketball team where you have a bunch of different skilled players.  We need a big guy now. 

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Admittedly, I have only seen the highlight reels of N'Keal and while he looks to be in the mold of a Boldin sort of reciever who is extremely strong, physical and able to pluck balls out of the air with his strong hands, he rarely seems to separate.  I'm not sure if our experiences with Kelvin have skewed how I view receivers who dont separate well, but it's certainly a cause for concern.  I'm probably unfairly comparing the two but separation matters and if you had to be concerned about any part of his game, I think you could justifiably say this would be the one.

Kelvin Benjamin showed up looking like an olinemen in Carolina. He also had terrible knees.  Since our regime was with him,  That makes the trade that much worse.  

If KB cared, didn’t have bad knees, and wasn’t a fattie, he could have still be a good player.  Harry does not have any of these concerns. 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What I don’t get is when you have a qb who isn’t the most accurate (I know cult, it’s all the receivers’ fault) and is tall, why don’t you get some tall receivers?  If Allen misses, it’s probably going to be high.  I really hope this guy and Butler are draft day targets.  

Your need to habitually express contempt for those who have a higher opinion of Allen's abilities than you may be a reactionary defense mechanism from your days as a homer who supported EJ far longer than most. I don't really know, but throwing "cult" around is tiresome and mean-spirited. It's been a long time since folks could be plausibly optimistic about a Buffalo Bills qb. At minimum, Allen improved over the course of his rookie season and persevered under less than ideal circumstances. If you choose to be dour and skeptical, that's your choice, but there's no need to insinuate that those who are enthusiastic about Allen are irrational dimwits.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

A good receiving core is like a basketball team where you have a bunch of different skilled players.  We need a big guy now.

Kelvin Benjamin showed up looking like an olinemen in Carolina. He also had terrible knees.  Since our regime was with him,  That makes the trade that much worse.  

If KB cared, didn’t have bad knees, and wasn’t a fattie, he could have still be a good player.  Harry does not have any of these concerns. 

I don't really think Allen's completion percentage is due to inaccuracy OR a problem with receivers (although those guys never seemed to ever make a contested catch). I think the problem stems from Allen's decision making. He attempts low percentage throws more than most QB's and generally scorns the check down and easy throws, choosing instead to attempt to push the ball down the field. And when he doesn't pull the trigger he scrambles.

Another aspect is that our oline was unable to execute on screen plays because they were so woefully unathletic, so we didn't run those as much as we wanted to, I'm sure.

He'll eventaully (hopefully) learn that getting an easy 5 yards is good sometimes. He'll also learn to read defenses better and know where to distribute the ball in order to capitalize on certain coverages.