How can you possibly have a SECOND team that you root for?

Bakin

8 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Try anger management therapy!

Again, if someone doesn’t agree with your narrative you pour on the shame and personal insults.

The truth is simple. In Buffalo you have to pretend that winning is right around the corner, and that there is honor watching the futility of both organizations. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Again, if someone doesn’t agree with your narrative you pour on the shame and personal insults.

The truth is simple. In Buffalo you have to pretend that winning is right around the corner, and that there is honor watching the futility of both organizations. 

And if someone does not agree with you, do you pour it on? Sorry dude, like I said in previous posts it's just a game - get over it and enjoy life. Not a personal insult just an observation that your posts suggest you are very angry! For the record I agree with your assessment of the 2000 - 2016 time period, but you just cannot wave a magic wand and fix 16 years of a failed organization; you refuse to give the new management a chance. Henceforth my recommendation of anger management therapy. 

19 minutes ago, vorpma said:

And if someone does not agree with you, do you pour it on? Sorry dude, like I said in previous posts it's just a game - get over it and enjoy life. Not a personal insult just an observation that your posts suggest you are very angry! For the record I agree with your assessment of the 2000 - 2016 time period, but you just cannot wave a magic wand and fix 16 years of a failed organization; you refuse to give the new management a chance. Henceforth my recommendation of anger management therapy. 

Schopp and Jeremy White have come to a conclusion about Buffalo sports that I have come to; the standards here are laughably low. 

For instance, when dubs asked a 3-Part question about Sean McDermott’s comments regarding 21 points, I responded with a thought out, thorough answer. 

My point is admittedly repetitive, but I think it’s the truth, the “free pass” excuses for McDermott and Beane need to stop this season, and competiting for a Wildcard is not a defined, aggressive goal. It’s a lame and  casually written goal. When you have a Coach that goes out of his way to tell you about how he has seen it all, done it all from his time in Carolina and Philadelphia, then three years should be enough to get the Culture and winning method installed. I don’t understand Bills fans who want to hang-back and build in excuses for why winning is not the expectation. 

We have tried the soft approach, give them time. Buddy Nix said 9 years ago now that the Bills were not that far away (far away from what he never defined), so we lived through him and his chosen successor. But the reality of losing, and ownership changes means you don’t get to see the end of 5-year plans if you are constantly losing.

I’d argue that McDermott and Beane almost lost this fan base after the 37-5 beating the Colts put on the Bills who were scoring 10.3 ppg at that point in the season. If we’re being told how amazing Josh Allen will be knowing that he will be the QB in OTAs onward, then let’s see it this season, instead of couching expectations in lieu of Year 3 if a 5-year plan based on a Panthers model that made one Super Bowl and lost. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Schopp and Jeremy White have come to a conclusion about Buffalo sports that I have come to; the standards here are laughably low. 

For instance, when dubs asked a 3-Part question regarding Sean McDermott’s comments regarding 21 points, I responded with a thought out, thorough answer. 

My point is admittedly repetitive, but I think it’s the truth, the “free pass” excuses for McDermott and Beane need to stop this season, and competiting for a Wildcard is not a defined, aggressive goal. It’s a lame and  casually written goal. When you have a Coach that goes out of his way to tell you about how he has seen it all, done it all from his time in Carolina and Philadelphia, then three years should be enough to get the Culture and winning method installed. I don’t understand Bills fans who want to hang-back and build in excuses for why winning is not the expectation. 

We have tried the soft approach, give them time. Buddy Nix said 9 years ago now that the Bills were not that far away (far away from what he never defined), so we lived through him and his chosen successor. But the reality of losing, and ownership changes means you don’t get to see the end of 5-year plans if you are constantly losing.

I’d argue that McDermott and Beane almost lost this fan base after the 37-5 beating the Colts put on the Bills who were scoring 10.3 ppg at that point in the season. If we’re being told how amazing Josh Allen will be knowing that he will be the QB in OTAs onward, then let’s see it this season, instead of couching expectations in lieu of Year 3 if a 5-year plan based on a Panthers model that made one Super Bowl and lost. 

Go hang out with Schoop and white, "two intellectual giants," the three of you can have anger contests! The rest of us will enjoy football!

• Like (+1) 1

For whatever reason I generally pull for the Raiders.  I do not own any Raiders gear, nor is there an emotional investment.  They would have been my backup plan if Bon Jovi purchased the Bills, moved them to Toronto, and renamed the team.

41 minutes ago, Buffalo ill said:

For whatever reason I generally pull for the Raiders.  I do not own any Raiders gear, nor is there an emotional investment.  They would have been my backup plan if Bon Jovi purchased the Bills, moved them to Toronto, and renamed the team.

They were fun the 8-8 year with Hue Jackson because their identity was speed, and they were trying to break years of futility.

Darren McFadden, Darius Heyward-Bey, Jacoby Ford, Fabian Washington. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Jesus dude. Just move on and stop embarrassing yourself.  There are many negative fans on this board who voice their opinion and are respected.  What you’re doing is far different. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

What is enjoyable about 15-17 overall and the 30th ranked offense in the league? 

Making the playoffs was enjoyable.

Subsequently moving on from the playoff QB with the realization that the position needed a big improvement in spite of the playoff appearance was enjoyable.

As a result, this past season was a necessary evil. That evil was made worse by the Peterman debacle. What that debacle says about the coach and GM is a legit concern IMO. But I'll reserve judgement until next year. Once they drafted Allen, it was never about Peterman.

As a side note, in another post you reference Hue Jackson's 8-8 Raiders with the immortal Darren McFadden, Darius Heyward-Bey, Jacoby Ford and Fabian Washington as a fun team to watch. Is that your standard for enjoyable? Would you be happy if we canned McDermott and hired Hue?

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/1/2019 at 8:22 PM, Bakin said:

Pardon the bad grammar....and I know I probably asked this question before...

but how in the holy hell can a person root for the Bills (bleeding red white and blue, as one poster suggested) and still have a ‘backup’ or secondary team??

i really don’t get it. 

Can someone explain?

My answer is you can’t. 

I can see transplants becoming tied to another team in their venue but you truly cannot be a fan of another team.

if you have a true rooting interest to another team, you were never a die hard Bills fan in the first place.

That’s just the way it is.

15 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

How? Because the rest of the league has left the Bills behind.

For chunks of time between 2000-now the Bills haven’t felt like a real NFL team - From Russ Brandon as GM, to Dick Jauron as Head Coach, to Doug Whaley’s people shouldn’t play football, to our current Head Coach trying to out-culture the league, it has led to a 24 year Playoff win Drought. 

Due to the Bills out-dated decision making, losing, and constant rules changes, I have cut my consumption of the NFL substantially and have no interest in any other franchise. 

But I have no issue with other fans looking to smarter, better teams to experience the NFL. To be a fan in Buffalo you have to talk about perpetual 5-year rebuilds and spin 6-10 seasons as “progress”. You have to accept talent equals locker room cancers and that lunchpail is the way to sustained winning.

The Bills are like the Atkins Diet. When fat people started telling the rest of the world how to lose weight. A historically inept organization, constantly siphoning good-will from a 5-year window from 1989-1994. 

Jim Kelly endorses this Coach and QB. Buy your season tickets and merchandise today ?.

You are truly not a Bills fan.

Being a Bills fan is a way of life here in WNY, regardless of how ***** they’ve been.

Fly by night Luke warm fans are usually those who have never lived in this area, or never been hooked on the Bills, someone like you.

Thats not saying all are not true fans because there are a hand full, but usually they root for other teams as well.

The OP is correct, even though it’s likely not a popular opinion.

On 3/2/2019 at 6:27 AM, Chandler#81 said:

Being older than the Bills, I was an NFL fan 1st. Of course there was instant allegiance to the minor league Bills when the AFL began, but Lombardi’s Packers were incredibly good and watching Johnny U play QB for Baltimore is what made me want to play. The Bills became Very good and ruled the AFL and the hearts of WNY. I was an instant fan of Namath, though always cheered for Buffalo when the 2 played. Favorite memory of that era was beating the Jets 37-35 in ‘68, picking Namath off 5X, w/ 3 Pick 6’s. Our Only win of the season - that helped land OJ. But I LOVED when they beat the Colts in the 1st ever Super Bowl. As the Bills declined (and Lamonica gave way to the Snake) Maddens’ Raiders were must watch tv. Yet my favorite memory of that era was beating them Opening week on MNF at Home, ‘74. 

Like Machine Gun Kelly, I’ve been a Floridian (by Choice!) for nearly 3 decades, but I hope my ‘home team’ Jags relocate across the pond. I’ve had DIRECTV since ‘96, singularly to watch my Bills EVERY Sunday. Now, I stream the games. But with SOOOOO many seasons of losing football, stingy ownership ever threatening to move the team, and a swirling cesspool of terrible coaches and draft picks, it’s not a character assignation to find solace in other teams good fortune, as the OP implies. Simply put, it’s an abusive marriage that lasts a lifetime.

Doesn’t mean I don’t ‘look!’..

When did the Colts play in the 1st ever Super Bowl? I’m older than the Bills as well,yet I still remember the SBs.

Your a Bills fan, just not a die hard Bills fan. Nothing wrong with that. 

11 minutes ago, dlonce said:

When did the Colts play in the 1st ever Super Bowl? I’m older than the Bills as well,yet I still remember the SBs.

Your a Bills fan, just not a die hard Bills fan. Nothing wrong with that. 

When GB played KC & Oak, the game was called the AFL/NFL Championship Game. Once the merger was signed, the game was renamed the Super Bowl (NYJ & Balt)