1. 1. Which Ex Bills HC Deserves a Second Chance

• Gregg Willams
    • Mike Mularkey
    • Dick Jauron
    • Perry Fewell
    • Chan Gailey
    • Rex Ryan

2 hours ago, Buftex said:

I give him credit...but he did inherit a pretty decent roster.

True! But that's what shows how good of a coach he is... some guy's can take a good roster & take them backwards... i.e Rex Ryan, jon Gruden, Doug Marrone, Bill O'Brien jus to name a few

Really good rosters... & can't do anything with the talent. 

13 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Anthony Lynn for me... shame nobody thinks about him...& the man can actually coach better then all of those names on the list... might even be better than our HC too... 

Nah...he's another Charger choker.  They choked away a potential home playoff game toward the end of the season, then barely got by (with their own AWFUL offensive performance) the incredibly awful Lamar Jackson in the wildcard game, then got absolutely pantsed by NE in the Divisional game. 

Lynn's a fraud.

Id take loony Gregg in that crew.  Give him all the lozenges!!

Edited by Mr. WEO

Chan Gailey is the best option on that list.  He was able to hold the locker room together and put together at least a somewhat competitive team given the crap talent the front office provided.

Perry Fewell doesn't really have enough body of work to judge

Gregg Williams is an excellent co-coordinator but doesn't have the temperament or organizational skills to be a head coach.

Mularkey deserves his nickname, Meathead

Dick Jauron's picture belongs in the Oxford Dictionary next to the word mediocre

Rex Ryan was a sideshow

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/1/2019 at 9:25 AM, Chandler#81 said:

Why stop at those worthless bastards? Add Buster Ramsey, John Rauch, Harvey Johnson, Kay Stephenson, Jim Ringo & Hank Bullough.

or are you too young to know who really sucks?

If they only knew ha ha!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/28/2019 at 11:48 PM, BillyWhiteShows said:

Yes I get that this premise is ridiculous but the answers and rationale will probably be really funny.

Lets say Sean McDermott wakes up tomorrow and realizes his heart isn’t into football.  He resigns and the Bills can only select a FORMER Bills head coach to replace him.  Who do you choose and why?  This is some lost fans

Gregg Williams

Mike Mularkey

Dick Jauron

Perry Fewell

Chan Gailey

Rex Ryan

I am sure most people will take Gregg’s since he’s the only coach on the list that’s still working at the defensive coordinator level.  

Would it be crazy to want to Chan another shot?  Yes I know he’s 70 or so, but with a strong defense I think he’s the best shot,  

Why those particular coaches?  If you're going back as far as Williams, why not Phillips? 

If you're going back as far as Jauron and Gailey, why not Marrone?

If you're including interim coaches like Fewell, why not ALynn?

36 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Our current Head Coach has said the same thing. 

I so winced when he said that, too.  Shades of Dicky J.

On 3/1/2019 at 6:47 PM, BillyWhiteShows said:

I love how I created a poll and people are trying to tell me who I should have added SMH

If your poll omitting some of the Bills coaches is a legit topic for discussion, asking why you selectively omitted ex-coaches from a similar time range is a legit response, as is pointing out that probably the only decent choices are the ones you chose to omit.

• Like (+1) 1

I would be intrigued to see Chan Gailey's offense with actual talent at WR. If I could take Chan's offense and apply it to the Marrone/Rex era offensive personnel (Watkins, Woods, Hogan, Goodwin) that would be fun. 

On 3/1/2019 at 1:04 AM, brianb386 said:

If Wade Philips was an option I would go with him. Since he is not, I go with Fewell.

My thoughts exactly about Wade. Who would have thought almost 20 years after his firing we would refer to the Wade Phillips era as the good old days? 

I liked the energy Fewell brought but there was a play where a pass got intercepted that T O could have easily prevented but instead he just gave up once it was clear the pass was under thrown. Then walked right past Fewell on the sideline without a word. Thought Fewell should have been in his face. Just remembered not being nearly as enamored with him after that.

Edited by Steve O

5 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Our current Head Coach has said the same thing. 

Hmmm...well, that's not good.  I either wasn't aware of that or forgot about it, not sure which.  

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If your poll omitting some of the Bills coaches is a legit topic for discussion, asking why you selectively omitted ex-coaches from a similar time range is a legit response, as is pointing out that probably the only decent choices are the ones you chose to omit.

Because the poll becomes an easy decision.  Of course, if I put Wade on the list everyone would choose him.  There’s would be NO discussion at all.

Choosing from several sub par is much more arbitrary and a better topic to discuss

31 minutes ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

How come Anthony Lynn isnt on this list? he was a intern just like Perry was.That is who I would pick if I had to pick a Bills ex and we needed a coach

Because like Wade Phillips, including Lynn on the poll is a slam dunk.  He’d take most of the vote.  What’s the point of doing a poll when all but 1 of the choices are undesirable?

• Like (+1) 1