1. 1. Which Ex Bills HC Deserves a Second Chance

• Gregg Willams
    • Mike Mularkey
    • Dick Jauron
    • Perry Fewell
    • Chan Gailey
    • Rex Ryan

51 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I need to know the one guy that voted for Rex. I just wanna talk, honest.....

It will be Peter. A fellow Gooner and a thoroughly nice chap in all our exchanges but he does love him some Rex Ryan. Doctors are still looking for a cure.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

None, McDermott til he retires.

Yeah buddy!! I've always had just this gut instinct that McD is going to be here a long time and prove to be a phenomenal, natural HC. We lucked out getting him , he's taking this team places.  Helluva coach

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Blokestradamus said:

I need to know the one guy that voted for Rex. I just wanna talk, honest.....

Ha ha, I was thinking the exact same thing!! I honestly need to hear from those people. 

I voted for Chan because I thought that he was a decent football coach. His offense was pretty effective and he didn’t have a ton of talent. 

Out of your list i would have more than one. My first choice would be Perry Fewell he seemed to be a coach the guys played hard for & was in a bad spot when he got the interim job a lot of coaches out in that position don't get to prove them selves after they keep a team from going belly up .

The only other one on your list that i liked was Chan, even though he didn't win a lot when he was here he was a coach that put his heart & soul into the franchise & the players & i really liked that about the guy plays he wasn't afraid to wing it down the field !

But my number one pick that wasn't on your list for obvious reasons because he would have won by a landslide is W.P. One of the biggest screw ups in Bills history was Ralph not letting him run the team as he saw fit & then firing him because Ralph made the wrong decision the guy was screwed & he still was the last winning coach the Bills had !

He's one of my all time favorite coaches because like us fans things that happened while he was here like the MCM (Music City Miracle) still bugs him & i'm sure in privet conversation he would tell us how pissed he was the day Ralph fired him ...

Out of the choices, I picked Chan Gailey.  I think he was a solid offense tactician and the team played hard for him.  If he had a DC of the Jim Schwartz caliber, the Bills were playoff "caliber."

I don't think there is any scenario where I'd pick Rex Ryan.  IMO, he committed professional malpractice taking the Bills job and stole the Pegulas money.  He was burnt out from his time with the Jets,  obscenly nepotistic and lazy.  

Dick Jauron would have been a good to great coach in the NFL of the 80s.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Peter said:

Wade is missing and should be on the list.

If Wade was on the list he'd get all the votes with the possible exception of the troll who voted for Mularkey. 

1 minute ago, Jobot said:

How is Wade Phillips not on here?

Cause if he was there's be a guy worth choosing ?

The poll would be a lot less interesting.

56 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Why stop at those worthless bastards? Add Buster Ramsey, John Rauch, Harvey Johnson, Kay Stephenson, Jim Ringo & Hank Bullough.

or are you too young to know who really sucks?

Now we're talkin!  :)

• Like (+1) 1