Jets place a 2nd round tender on Robby Anderson

The deep threat we need? I know mcdermott said he doesn't believe in #1 receivers, he just wants players that the defense has to prepare for, Anderson needs to be prepared for.

I know a second rounder and a large contract is a steep price but Anderson is an elite deep threat about to enter the prime of his career and has yet to have a great deep ball QB.

I wouldn't do it with #9 in round 2 though, I make a trade with KC or LAC. Based on the trade chart it would take their 2nd and 3rd round picks to get up to #9 in round 2. Then after that trade is made I make a 4 year 47-52 million, 24 million guaranteed contract (his market value according to spotrac)

so we get Anderson and a 3rd round pick and the jets get the 61st pick in the draft and lose their top WR.

Thoughts? Obviously the jets could screw us by signing him to the contract.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, buffalover4life said:

The deep threat we need? I know mcdermott said he doesn't believe in #1 receivers, he just wants players that the defense has to prepare for, Anderson needs to be prepared for.

I know a second rounder and a large contract is a steep price but Anderson is an elite deep threat about to enter the prime of his career and has yet to have a great deep ball QB.

I wouldn't do it with #9 in round 2 though, I make a trade with KC or LAC. Based on the trade chart it would take their 2nd and 3rd round picks to get up to #9 in round 2. Then after that trade is made I make a 4 year 47-52 million, 24 million guaranteed contract (his market value according to spotrac)

so we get Anderson and a 3rd round pick and the jets get the 61st pick in the draft and lose their top WR.

What if the trade you invented?  Why do they want to make that trade?

10 minutes ago, buffalover4life said:

Because it’s not a trade. It’s a tender offer. They have no say other than to match the contract or take the pick and lose him

I’m not sure exactly how the trade with the Chiefs or LAC works..,

Can you explain this?

Edited by Aussie Joe

Not exactly the type of guy McBeane would covet. Anyone remember this little news item?

"Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson was arrested early Friday morning in Florida and is facing nine charges, the Broward (Fla.) County Sherriff's Office confirmed to the New York Daily News.

According to a police report obtained by ESPN's Rich Cimini, a car Anderson was driving was clocked as 105 mph in a 45 mph zone, and he also ran multiple red lights. After he was pulled over, Anderson apparently threatened to sexually assault the officer's wife."

• Like (+1) 4

Or we could have just drafted him like we should have done?? What is Kolby Listenbee up to these days anyway?

At a second round tender I think the price is probably too steep to be honest. He is the best receiver in the AFCE though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, buffalover4life said:

True because Foster isnt a deep threat.?  Its not like Foster led the league in catagories that would suggest he was.?

I do think he would be a good addition though, I made a thread before asking if we should take him if he is tendered at a second round level.  He's a good WR but I think the Jets match just about any offer.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

I like him as a player, but I want to see the Bills keep their picks and draft their own guys.  This guy also has suspension written all over him and the Jets have a boatload of cap space.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Golden Goat said:

Not exactly the type of guy McBeane would covet. Anyone remember this little news item?

"Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson was arrested early Friday morning in Florida and is facing nine charges, the Broward (Fla.) County Sherriff's Office confirmed to the New York Daily News.

According to a police report obtained by ESPN's Rich Cimini, a car Anderson was driving was clocked as 105 mph in a 45 mph zone, and he also ran multiple red lights. After he was pulled over, Anderson apparently threatened to sexually assault the officer's wife."

Oh yeah.. That’s Definitely a McBeane character player!.... yeeeesh! ?

• Like (+1) 1

First off - I would say no to Anderson - I do not think he will make it multiple years without a suspension coming.  Just to much baggage to trust with big money and a high draft pick.

Second - how does that work - I thought for an RFA you had to provide your own pick or better?  If not then teams would be trading back all over the place to try and screw teams over.  Looking it up seems to show you trade your pick or higher, but I can not find specific language that states that anywhere.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

First off - I would say no to Anderson - I do not think he will make it multiple years without a suspension coming.  Just to much baggage to trust with big money and a high draft pick.

Second - how does that work - I thought for an RFA you had to provide your own pick or better?  If not then teams would be trading back all over the place to try and screw teams over.  Looking it up seems to show you trade your pick or higher, but I can not find specific language that states that anywhere.

You are correct, it’s your own pick or better.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

That's a great question.  All I can say is there's little incentive to do that if you're signing a player as the lower the pick the less likely the opposing team will match your offer.  There's got to be a rule against doing that though.  Little help here.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Or we could have just drafted him like we should have done?? What is Kolby Listenbee up to these days anyway?

At a second round tender I think the price is probably too steep to be honest. He is the best receiver in the AFCE though.

Every time Robby Anderson is mentioned I picture this as the soundtrack of your mind:

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Except HOFer Julian Edelman of course ?

10 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

This was the obvious move for the Jets to make to ensure that they can keep Robby at a cheap price. I don't envision anyone coughing up a 2nd round pick for the opportunity to overpay him.

No way. The only way offering him a contract is to screw with their cap if they match