The Need For Weed

The_Dude

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cory-booker-other-2020-dem-presidential-hopefuls-introduce-federal-marijuana-legalization-bill

First, no conservative can make a conservative argument for the government, without congress, arbitrarily making a non-lethal, non-habit forming FLOWER illegal. 

Second, if republicans don’t do an about-face, and get on the right side of this now, then 2020 will be bad. 

If my vote comes down to conservative policies and righting a great injustice, my vote and many others will be in jeopardy. 

The dominos are falling, get right NOW. 

Edited by The_Dude

While I agree with legalization, I think the Dems are mis-calculating here.  There are still a lot people who just pass on grass and will be turned off by this.

You can't seriously suggest you'd vote for Pocahontas or Cammy over Trump because of weed laws that are mostly ignored anyway.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

While I agree with legalization, I think the Dems are mis-calculating here.  There are still a lot people who just pass on grass and will be turned off by this.

You can't seriously suggest you'd vote for Pocahontas or Cammy over Trump because of weed laws that are mostly ignored anyway.

Public opinion nationwide is in favor of legalization. Gen Z and millennials overwhelmingly support legalization. I think it’s a huge issue. I’m a warhawk conservative and I’m fed up with the only thing that calms me down being illegal. 

10 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Lots of folks who don't smoke know someone suffering from cancer who does, and swears by it. I don't think this is the end-all-be-all issue for most, but I think it's a mistake to say it couldn't move the needle.

1 minute ago, Golden Goat said:

Lots of folks who don't smoke know someone suffering from cancer who does, and swears by it. I don't think this is the end-all-be-all issue for most, but I think it's a mistake to say it couldn't move the needle.

Yes, but I think you've still got a couple generations of older people (who vote in high numbers) in those battleground states that have never tried it and would be opposed.

I still think it's a net negative issue nationwide.

Just now, Koko78 said:

Like stoners vote...

Koko, see my points. And clearly stoners vote. Weed is legal in some way in nearly half the nation. Further, like I said, it’ll encourage some voters (liberal stoners) to not vote. 

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Your "Custodian of Western Civilization" in action, ladies and gents.  Let's give The_Dude a great big round of applause.

Pretty sure the history books will label "I'm voting for the person that lets me get high" as the moment the Great American Experiment failed.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Your "Custodian of Western Civilization" in action, ladies and gents.  Let's give The_Dude a great big round of applause.

Pretty sure the history books will label "I'm voting for the person that lets me get high" as the moment the Great American Experiment failed.  

Oh man I must have pissed in your Cheerios real good. ?

32 minutes ago, Foxx said:

if someone is going to cast their vote solely on the basis of whether or not a candidate is for or against pot, they should not be voting, at all.

I’m not saying that’s what I’m going to do, but with all due respect lady, I can’t count the number of doors I’ve kicked in, and the number of combat missions I’ve done for this country. I’m entitled to vote however I see fit, and it’s my opinion that the votes of veterans should count for more than the votes of non-veterans. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

you know if you get caught buying that stuff, by law you will no longer be able to indulge your other fetish

AR-15-firing.gif&f=1

Right....cause i totally comply with gun laws as it is now. 

BTW, nice gun. OD green, my favorite color. Free floating barrel with an acog. Value of that piece is $2000. Nice gun. 

Edited by The_Dude

20 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I’m not saying that’s what I’m going to do, but with all due respect lady, I can’t count the number of doors I’ve kicked in, and the number of combat missions I’ve done for this country. I’m entitled to vote however I see fit, and it’s my opinion that the votes of veterans should count for more than the votes of non-veterans. 

you got kicked out of the army, didn't you.

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

you got kicked out of the army, didn't you.

Fox, I like you, don’t attack my honor or integrity. 

I did NOT get “kicked out.” I was the perfect soldier. I joined at 18. I was an E5 by 21. I received the highest ratings on my non commissioned officer evaluation reports. I had a colonel come down from battalion and tried to convince me to re-up before I got out, but my mind was made up by then. 

I was the perfect soldier. Always early. Always smarter. Always professional. And always afraid of ***** up. Fear makes a soldier. My DD214 is perfect. And, after surgery I’m considering a return, not active but to the guard, with a commission.  

Edited by The_Dude
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Fox, I like you, don’t attack my honor or integrity. 

I did NOT get “kicked out.” I was the perfect soldier. I joined at 18. I was an E5 by 21. I received the highest ratings on my non commissioned officer evaluation reports. I had a colonel come down from battalion and tried to convince me to re-up before I got out, but my mind was made up by then. 

I was the perfect soldier. Always early. Always smarter. Always professional. And always afraid of ***** up. Fear makes a soldier. My DD214 is perfect. And, after surgery I’m considering a return, not active but to the guard, with a commission.  

let me guess,  addadictomy?

:lol:

3 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Your habit of calling posters here some sort of female designation is insulting to females. While there may be a rare occasion to make fun of someone like Justin Trudeau or Michelle Obama and refer to them as girls, it is over the line to randomly call everyone you disagree with a lady or some type of female. If I was a female I'd kick your ass for doing so.

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

if someone is going to cast their vote solely on the basis of whether or not a candidate is for or against pot, they should not be voting, at all.

Really? Why? Freedom says you are wrong. Democracy works because no one can think for everyone else. Let the people decide