Any Love for Bryce Love?

YoloinOhio

10 hours ago, DJB said:

Why else would i make the statement that i did? 

Hes not great at catching the ball out of the backfield either and that's an issue being a smaller back

He certainly isn't getting picked in the first 3 rounds 

Just curious what you consider watching tape. YouTube highlights? Tuning into Stanford games? 

He certainly has durability issues and that’s my biggest concern. To me he is comparable to Dion Lewis. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Love didn't play even close to what McC accomplished in college. He's a nice rb with some injury issues who would be a good value pick in the 5th round. No earlier!

Really? He averaged over 7 ypc in his first three seasons and had a 2000 yard rushing season. He didn’t look quite as good this past season but there was probably an underlying injury. It was definitely debatable who was the better back when they were in the same backfield. I watched them both dominate the PAC 12. 

43 minutes ago, End The Drought said:

Just curious what you consider watching tape. YouTube highlights? Tuning into Stanford games? 

He certainly has durability issues and that’s my biggest concern. To me he is comparable to Dion Lewis. 

43 minutes ago, End The Drought said:

Dion Lewis is excellent out of the backfield,  Love not so much. 

Care to wager a bet where he goes in the draft ?

17 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s being predicted Day 3 right now (due to injury). Probably would have been a 1st rounder or close to it had he declared last year.

im just scared off by the injury but also - and I’m not saying this is a BAD thing - but he really wants to be a doctor and the buzz was that was a bigger priority to him than football. Now that could be BS but it scares to invest any decent pick into him from both a short term and long term perspective.

I take him.   He can stay in the Buffalo area and go to Med School and work out in the off season.  I think there have been other football players that have Med or Law degrees.  His 2017 season was ridiculous.  Then he got injured.  I think he is very dedicated to both football and being a future Dr.  If he was "just playing football," and not "dedicated" his 2017 season does not happen.   And really, 4.5 yards in 2018 is not bad.   

Edited by RyanC883

13 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I would love Jacobs if he was more explosive.  Was pretty disappointed with Jacobs tape, He could turn out to be a Lynch type though.

I do like this kid though.  I also like Singletary and Jalin Moore.

no reason not to get Love and Singletary.  Late round picks.  

I wonder who the UDFA RB surprise is this season.  

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

no reason not to get Love and Singletary.  Late round picks.  

I wonder who the UDFA RB surprise is this season.  

One guy I really like that seems destined for UDFA status is Matt Colburn from Wake Forest.

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

One guy I really like that seems destined for UDFA status is Matt Colburn from Wake Forest.

thanks for sharing.  I want him after seeing that highlight video.  Good combo of strength, vision and speed.  Seems like people bounce off him.  Good balance.  

9 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

thanks for sharing.  I want him after seeing that highlight video.  Good combo of strength, vision and speed.  Seems like people bounce off him.  Good balance.  

Yeah, his production dropped off a bit this season and I haven't paid close enough attention to Wake Forest to know why, but that's a potential red flag with him and I think it's probably pushed him down to UDFA status. But his tape in college reminds me a bit of Doug Martin back when he played for Boise State.

37 minutes ago, DJB said:

Dion Lewis is excellent out of the backfield,  Love not so much. 

Care to wager a bet where he goes in the draft ?

Bryce love had 250 receiving yards and averaged 16.7 ypc as a true freshmen. Dion lewis’ season high at Pitt was 216. Love is coming off a torn ACL in his last college game. Likely won’t be ready for training camp like he said he would be in his combine interview. Day 3 pick. 

19 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills met with him today (the only RB we know of)... which may be meaningless but it’s got people talking that he may be a good choice because he can “redshirt” behind Shady (tore his ACL late in the year). 

I actually have never wanted to draft him. 

He’s referring to Shady ...

I would love him in the 6th or 7th rd.

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s being predicted Day 3 right now (due to injury). Probably would have been a 1st rounder or close to it had he declared last year.

im just scared off by the injury but also - and I’m not saying this is a BAD thing - but he really wants to be a doctor and the buzz was that was a bigger priority to him than football. Now that could be BS but it scares to invest any decent pick into him from both a short term and long term perspective.

I don't entirely disagree with you but I'd roll the dice on him late day 2 or early day 3. The guy was a clear 1st rounder before the injury. We've seen top tier RB's perform well for the Bills who we drafted after a college ACL tear. Thurman and McGahee both went on to long and productive careers.

This is not meant to be an endorsement of McGahee's character ?

22 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

The RB class looks pretty good this year so I would look to be picking up somebody else early-mid Day 3....

Given his injury status, I would only consider Love in the 7th and probably not even then.....

Part of me agrees.

Another part of me thinks back to last year's draft, when people all balked at Sony Michel's "bone-on-bone" knees. And he dropped... to the Cheats. And just how did that work out for Bellicheat? Pretty damn well. Rings talk, and Michel was a big part of their late-season ground-and-pound that ate clock while Mahomes and Goff rode the pine, waiting to see the field.

I'm just saying, Bryce Love's injury might drop him, but his Jr year, he was sheer magic. Might be worth a 4th. 

• Like (+1) 1