Paradis may return to Broncos on 1 yr deal

I wouldn’t stress this tweet too much. 

I don’t know the guys personal life or anything but it makes very little sense to return on a one year deal when he’ll get HUGE money on the open market. 

These guys do have kids in school etc etc but signing a one year deal could be a killer for him. Another injury riddled season and he’ll get squat next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I wouldn’t stress this tweet too much. 

I don’t know the guys personal life or anything but it makes very little sense to return on a one year deal when he’ll get HUGE money on the open market. 

These guys do have kids in school etc etc but signing a one year deal could be a killer for him. Another injury riddled season and he’ll get squat next year. 

3 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

This would be incredibly stupid on Paradis’ part. Couple teams in the Bills and Jets with huge cap dollars to spend and a glaring hole at center. Both Paradis and Morse should be paid top dollar. Why return on a one year deal to hopefully get the same deal next offseason that you could take this offseason. 

I agree that when healthy Paradis deserves 10.5 mill per on a  multi year deal. But is he healed well enough? Guess we will know in a few days.

He just finished his rookie deal and he was drafted in the 6th round.  $5m career earnings.  Unless he’s heir to a fortune, he isn’t turning down more guaranteed money for a 1 year deal.  Saffold on the other hand, that guy’s already made $35m.  I can’t see Saffold coming to Buffalo unless we over-pay him in a crazy way.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

He just finished his rookie deal and he was drafted in the 6th round.  $5m career earnings.  Unless he’s heir to a fortune, he isn’t turning down more guaranteed money for a 1 year deal.  Saffold on the other hand, that guy’s already made $35m.  I can’t see Saffold coming to Buffalo unless we over-pay him in a crazy way.  

The key to making big money in the NFL is that 2nd contract.  Paradis has played well enough where he should get a fairly substantial 3-4 year deal.  Why would he give that up for a 1 year deal?

42 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The key to making big money in the NFL is that 2nd contract.  Paradis has played well enough where he should get a fairly substantial 3-4 year deal.  Why would he give that up for a 1 year deal?

I agree with you.  This story of a one year deal may just be wishful thinking leaked by someone affiliated with the Broncos to dissuade interested teams from going after him.  No agent with half a brain is going to let him sign a one year deal when there are needy teams known to be interested in him.

Folks need to come to grips that when free agency hits......a lot of dreams will get crushed because "their guy" didnt come to the bills for whatever reason

What I hope for is players NAME guys or not........get picked up that fit the schemes we run.

Give me OL that will get out in front of a screen pass and actually block someone.......and will open holes between the tackles for the running game....whomever they may be (My choice would be draft pick Ford in the first round)

Give me WR's that fit Josh Allens arm talent.....to include a TE that can both block and catch

We have the resources to be in play for everybody......but only some will come here

@SalSports: "I don't think (center Matt) Paradis financially is going to be back (with Broncos).  I just don't. I had heard Buffalo is very, very interested in him." - @AllbrightNFL on this radio segment (Thanks to follower @AirForce1990_20 for the H/T):

9 minutes ago, FluffHead said:

@SalSports: "I don't think (center Matt) Paradis financially is going to be back (with Broncos).  I just don't. I had heard Buffalo is very, very interested in him." - @AllbrightNFL on this radio segment (Thanks to follower @AirForce1990_20 for the H/T):

That is why the tweet about a one year deal w/ Broncos did not make any sense. The fit with the Bills is just too good and the need too great for the Bills not to offer him a decent deal.

Wait till the Bills or Jets or Cardinals back up a dump truck of cash.

Paradis and Morse will be well paid starters, and not have to wait out 'prove it' deals.

Too many teams with young QBs needing vet C to help call out protections and have long term starter positions available.