Another WR reportedly available via trade: Eagles’ Nelson Algholor

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, ctk232 said:

If you don't like Zay Jones you won't like Nelson Agholor

I think Agholor is MUCH more elusive than Jones and has far greater upside.

Speaking of Zay, I would love a straight swap. Zay for Agholor. They get cap relief and we get a better player.

18 hours ago, BillsSB2020 said:

I think Agholor is MUCH more elusive than Jones and has far greater upside.

Speaking of Zay, I would love a straight swap. Zay for Agholor. They get cap relief and we get a better player.

I could see where you would think that, and tit for tat I would give the nudge to Agholor over Zay at present. But that would only really be based off of his performance last year. I may be sometime removed from my Philly home now, but I wouldn't actually find Agholor to provide much more upside worth any trade...there's a reason he's "available" despite his performance.

He's always had issues with hands and inconsistency with elusiveness. When he was drafted, the Eagles had a severe need to re-shape their corps as it was essentially just Jordan Matthews and then Agholor at the time. He had a rough first two years, and his roster spot was in question at that time wondering if he'd ever pan out, much less be the draft pick they were hoping he'd be (starting to sound like the Zay Jones story?). The Eagles made moves for Alshon to be the bigger and better target for them, added depth, and then needed even more trading for Golden Tate in their hopes for a playoff run again this year. Agholor will never be a key piece in their roster, and making him available via trade makes it seem like the Eagles would like to keep Tate if they can rather than see how he develops toward the end of his rookie contract.

I will concede Agholor's production has progressed the past two seasons, but if we're looking to add a guy who went 64/97 for some 700 odd yards - I'd rather we stick with Foster who is looking to be what the Eagles hoped Agholor would be. 

Edited by ctk232
  • Like (+1) 1

On 2/28/2019 at 7:07 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

At the risk of sounding like John Madden, I don't think he is the "football player" Woods is. From all accounts he is a hard worker. It does seem that he is ripe for a breakout if he goes to a team that will make him more of a focal point in the offense. I could see him failing miserably under the pressure of being the "guy," just like he did as a first round draft pick. He played much better after they got Jeffrey and other guys around him. He isn't the competitor that Robert Woods is. There are a million stories about how coaches had to light a fire under him and push him, how the Golden Tate trade made him worker harder. Woods is working hard no matter what. He doesn't need a fire lit. 

I think that is the biggest difference. 

I'm almost positive 90% of the Robert Woods comp is because they both came from USC one after another.

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
Just now, MJS said:

I feel like the Eagles have tried everything they could to give him opportunities to prove himself.

Unfortunately I think he is just an average WR.

This.  

I wouldn't hate it...but I much prefer the draft to get another WR

10 minutes ago, WMDman said:

How about no

Shady sucks - he's afraid to hit a hole. Time for a change while we can get something for him. And in an area of need. We're good at RB and can draft or FA a capable backup. The no would come from Philly. 3 yds per carry! LOL!

Edited by Bills Fan of Maryland

29 minutes ago, Bills Fan of Maryland said:

Shady sucks - he's afraid to hit a hole. Time for a change while we can get something for him. And in an area of need. We're good at RB and can draft or FA a capable backup. The no would come from Philly.

Philly doesn't even think Algholor is worth his 9.3 cap hit.  What are the Bills getting for Shady?

A WR hungry team with cap space are the only teams that would want to trade for him.

His job on BUF would be what?  Replace Zay?