Another WR reportedly available via trade: Eagles’ Nelson Algholor

YoloinOhio

I think this guy finally had a mini breakout, but I do think 6-0, 185 receivers who run 4.4 kind of grow on trees. He did cross over one year with Matt Barkley at USC. He would be playing on his fifth year option at 1 year and 9.4 million. Not sure that works for me, unless it's like a seventh round pick. 

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

I think this guy finally had a mini breakout, but I do think 6-0, 185 receivers who run 4.4 kind of grow on trees. He did cross over one year with Matt Barkley at USC. He would be playing on his fifth year option at 1 year and 9.4 million. Not sure that works for me, unless it's like a seventh round pick. 

He was billed by some as a faster version of Robert Woods. I dont know if he’s the same type of player? What do you think?

I do know that the Eagles have cap issues so that plays somewhat into this

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was billed by some as a faster version of Robert Woods. I dont know if he’s the same type of player? What do you think?

At the risk of sounding like John Madden, I don't think he is the "football player" Woods is. From all accounts he is a hard worker. It does seem that he is ripe for a breakout if he goes to a team that will make him more of a focal point in the offense. I could see him failing miserably under the pressure of being the "guy," just like he did as a first round draft pick. He played much better after they got Jeffrey and other guys around him. He isn't the competitor that Robert Woods is. There are a million stories about how coaches had to light a fire under him and push him, how the Golden Tate trade made him worker harder. Woods is working hard no matter what. He doesn't need a fire lit. 

I think that is the biggest difference. 

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I'd be alright with a 7th for 1 year.  I don't want a bunch of high priced guys on long deals for this go round during the trade and free agency period.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I'd be interested if Philly ends up cutting him to create cap space. I don't really want to give up an asset to pay him $9+ mil though. If it's a late Day 3 pick then I could at least kinda see it.

Agree, its pretty much a 1 year rental for 9 million.  Late 3rd day pick - maybe.  Dont think Philly would cut him though.  If I'm not mistaken he's on his 5th year 1st round option deal which is guaranteed.  They won't save any $ by cutting him, just trading

2 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

Agree, its pretty much a 1 year rental for 9 million.  Late 3rd day pick - maybe.  Dont think Philly would cut him though.  If I'm not mistaken he's on his 5th year 1st round option deal which is guaranteed.  They won't save any $ by cutting him, just trading

I believe it is guaranteed for injury only.  They can cut him but i don't think they would be eligible for any type of comp pick compensation.

Even for 9 million this guy has some value - He's not John Ross/Corey Coleman.  He's averaged 60/750/6 for the last 2 years.  That's a solid NFL 2nd/3rd option receiver.

23 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I'd be interested if Philly ends up cutting him to create cap space. I don't really want to give up an asset to pay him $9+ mil though. If it's a late Day 3 pick then I could at least kinda see it.

You could always trade a later pick and negotiate an extension as well.  We have plenty of cap space though so it's not as if we couldn't make it work.  

32 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I'd be alright with a 7th for 1 year.  I don't want a bunch of high priced guys on long deals for this go round during the trade and free agency period.

I think if a team like the Bills makes this trade, it’s with the immediate contract extension as a part of it or no deal. I don’t think they would take a 7th. 

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea.

At some point the Bills absolutely have to get better at the WR position and OVERPAY if necessary. 

Fans seemed to be concerned about giving up too much and taking on a bigger contract.... and I have no idea why. 

He'd be a real solid 3rd option on the team. 

Why doesn't that work for you? 

Its not your money and the Bills have LOADS of cap that they need to spend on something. 

On this team?  He's better than that right now. 

Git 'er done Buddy!

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I believe it is guaranteed for injury only.  They can cut him but i don't think they would be eligible for any type of comp pick compensation.

Even for 9 million this guy has some value - He's not John Ross/Corey Coleman.  He's averaged 60/750/6 for the last 2 years.  That's a solid NFL 2nd/3rd option receiver.

You could always trade a later pick and negotiate an extension as well.  We have plenty of cap space though so it's not as if we couldn't make it work.  

Yeah, I'm just not certain I'd want to sign him to an extension either. I'd be willing to take a cheap flyer on him, but he's not someone I'd want to lock into as more than a #3 WR at this point in his career. If he'd be willing to get paid like a #3 guy, then sure, but I doubt he views himself that way.

Edited by DCOrange

This could be a good get but i think Bean will try to keep his draft capital to build through the draft although if he did trade for Agohlar & then picked up Tyrell Williams in FA that would be a awesome duo in the WR room add them to Foster & Jones that would become a team strength immediately !!

Edited by T master

Yeah 9 million isn't cheap - but the 9 million also may make the picks teams offer less valuable.  It's a weak WR market though so if he gets cut he could get a solid deal - he's only 26 and hasn't missed much time to injury and has put up solid numbers in a crowded WR group.  9 million per year is honestly what he's probably looking for out of a deal.  And for those saying that is entirely too much (you're not wrong) look at 2018 WR contracts for 26ish year old receivers with similar or worse production:

Paul Richardson - 5/40 16.5 guaranteed

Marqise Lee - 4/34 16.5 guaranteed

Albert Wilson - 3/24 14.5 guaranteed

Taylor Gabriel - 4/26 14 guaranteed

Add 1 year and a higher cap - 9 million seems relatively in line.

The money doesn’t matter, it actually helps buffalo to have him at 9 million for one year as far as our spending for this offseason. 

That being said I would be a little concerned to give over a 5th round pick for him. 

I would still want him to play his final year out before an extension. If he blows up here no big deal to sign him long term, if he doesn’t do well no biggie to let him walk next year. 

I would hate to give up anything in the 1-4th round class though for a possible one year rental 

By March 13 every team needs to be under cap.  Most of these names you see being floated in trade talks will be available for free once teams clear cap.  Don't waste draft picks. Patience.  Cuts will come.  We got cap.  Let the cuts happen

• Like (+1) 2