Johnny Football released by Alouettes of CFL **Update** Signed by Memphis of the AAF

On 2/28/2019 at 7:49 PM, boater said:

CFL is a mystery to me. It appears the CFL central office is part of all player contracts--very different from the NFL where players are contracted solely to teams.

If the "conditions" Manziel violated were related to mental health treatment--I hope he gets his act together. Going through life as untreated bipolar (my suspicion) only leads to living on the streets.

On 2/28/2019 at 7:58 PM, The Senator said:

If that is truly the case, I hope the young man gets all the help he needs to go on in life.

Myself, I suspect, just like Chad Kelly, he’s merely a major league a-hole.

Isn't possible that he is just a affluenza, bipolar who is an a-hole in each personality?

CFL is a mystery to me. It appears the CFL central office is part of all player contracts--very different from the NFL where players are contracted solely to teams.

If the "conditions" Manziel violated were related to mental health treatment--I hope he gets his act together. Going through life as untreated bipolar (my suspicion) only leads to living on the streets.

This. 

I've seen it up close and it sucks when that person doesn't feel he/she needs the treatment. Can't really force them to get the treatment either.?

The CFL is desperate to do anything to keep the game going.

years ago it imposed a salary cap and then allowed certain stars to sign for more $$ than  the capped entire roster of a few teams 

24 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Why are we still following this nobody's career... or lack there of?

To keep reminding fans that even great college kids are not remotely close to the Hall of Fame for pro leagues?

I like to think Manziel violated the CFL rules intentionally to get out of his contract. He could have simply stopped going to therapy - rather than something much more harmful - and conveniently ended his contract right when these American leagues started popping up.

If Tebow and Kaepernick were the AAF's big ticket items, Johnny Football is certainly #3.