Calling it now: Zay Jones will not be on the week 1 roster.

Alphadawg7

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I don't understand how this is any different than prognosticating who the surprise rookie of the year will be, our overall W-L record, or Allen becoming MVP this year--the point is, no need to jump on an OP for putting something out there, where at a minimum they follow it up with accurate facts to date and well reasoned arguments. Anyone is free to disagree with the take, but definitely no need to make it personal, ever, even if the take ends up in hindsight being faulty. 

Was someone making it personal? 

7 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Was someone making it personal? 

Some posters accusing the OP of putting out "misleading" information and just "click bait" when it's nothing of the sort, qualifies in my book, but maybe I'm just reading too much into it. The OP definitely took it as such too though, fwiw. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Some posters accusing the OP of putting out "misleading" information and just "click bait" when it's nothing of the sort, qualifies in my book, but maybe I'm just reading too much into it. The OP definitely took it as such too though, fwiw. 

Ah gotcha

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Are you calling the OP a huckster? LOL

Also, your point is irrelevant. It is not whether I believe it to be a guarantee, I am not the one making the statement. When I hear someone that says he gives me the dead nuts lock of the weekend football bet, I believe he believes that, hence the people's issue with the OP

I don't follow this.  If people understood that the title didn't imply a guarantee, what's wrong with the title?   

He does believe Jones won't be on the roster.  He isn't certain, but he believes it.  

I wrote a post the other day that said the Bills are entering a period of sustained NFL excellence, where they will be a regular playoff and Super Bowl contender.   I believe it, but I'd be a fool if I thought it was the only possible outcome over the next 10-15 years, but that doesn't mean I can't write a post that says what I believe.  

I don't get it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

I don't follow this.  If people understood that the title didn't imply a guarantee, what's wrong with the title?   

He does believe Jones won't be on the roster.  He isn't certain, but he believes it.  

I wrote a post the other day that said the Bills are entering a period of sustained NFL excellence, where they will be a regular playoff and Super Bowl contender.   I believe it, but I'd be a fool if I thought it was the only possible outcome over the next 10-15 years, but that doesn't mean I can't write a post that says what I believe.  

I don't get it. 

They dont, thats the point. The title seems to imply, to many, that it is. Hence their issue as his posts dont back up the title, which is why some people even went as far as claiming it to be misleading and "click bait".

You dont call a shot, and then say well I didnt really mean it. If you "call" something, you should expect some flack when what you "call" doesnt happen.

Zay Jones did have that ugly incident. He hasn't exceeded any expectations to my knowledge. If it wasn't Buffalo, a team lacking in established names at WR you might be thinking the same as OP. 

The situation the team is in I can see second and third chances getting given to talent that hasn't proven anything yet. That's why I would disagree with OP. Buffalo isn't known for talent at WR...

Edited by Lfod

3 minutes ago, Lfod said:

Zay Jones did have that ugly incident. He hasn't exceeded any expectations to my knowledge. If it wasn't Buffalo, a team lacking in established names at WR you might be thinking the same as OP. 

The situation the team is in I can see second and third chances getting given to talent that hasn't proven anything yet. That's why I would disagree with OP. Buffalo isn't known for talent at WR...

Ever hear of Da'Rick Rogers?

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Lfod said:

Zay had a decent year last year. He looked dramatically improved from his rookie year where he looked like he didn't belong in the league. Granted Zay didn't light the world on fire but he at least looked like an NFL player in year two. I think its fair to say that Zay's roster spot isn't safe but it is also hard to say that on most NFL team's they have 6 WR's better than Zay a third year player who was a former second round pick coming off of a decent year. 

I think the WR talent on this team certainly makes him safer than on a lot of other teams but as I said before it's not like a lot of teams have more than 3 good WR's on their roster. 

4 hours ago, mob16151 said:

They'd have ran Eric Moulds out of town after year 2.

I thought he was a bust after his 2nd season.  His 3rd took me completely by surprise.  If not for Randy Moss, he'd have been the talk of the NFL at WR.

Edited by Doc

On 5/31/2019 at 11:59 AM, Bray Wyatt said:

You dont call a shot, and then say well I didnt really mean it. If you "call" something, you should expect some flack when what you "call" doesnt happen.

Calling it now: This Zay Jones thread will not be over with by the announcement of the week 1 roster

I could be wrong, but this is just what I believe based on the inordinate amount of posts on this thread.  I have no issues if others don't agree, just my opinion on the matter, nothing more.

• 1 month later...