Calling it now: Zay Jones will not be on the week 1 roster.

Alphadawg7

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Or they are much higher on Duke than people believe.  

REMEMBER:  I said I thought Zay would be traded in preseason, not the draft.  

Brown, Foster, and Cole are likely to be ahead of Zay on depth chart come week 1.  If Duke passes him too, he’s gonna be 5th WR which again is why I think Zay gets traded in that scenario.  

I’m fine being wrong in the end, all I want is good WRs and if he proves his worth that’s great!  But I said from the get go it was my feeling his job isn’t safe.  I still feel his job isn’t safe.  Camp and Preseason will determine his fate IMO.  

I’m glad you are keeping this going..

Im hoping this thread is the 2019 version of last years  “Luck is past it” ..

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/2/2019 at 1:18 PM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

When I think of drops, throwaways, poor routes,poor ball security and horrid blocking I think of Zay Jones and Croom.

Huh.  And I thought Zay ran rather nice routes and even made some good adjustments to help Allen out.  Shows how a fan may be mistaken.

He did show stone hands Year 1 but improved this past season. 

Croom has me SMH.  "Nepotism lives" is all I got.

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Brown, Foster, and Cole are likely to be ahead of Zay on depth chart come week 1.  If Duke passes him too, he’s gonna be 5th WR which again is why I think Zay gets traded in that scenario.  

I’m fine being wrong in the end, all I want is good WRs and if he proves his worth that’s great!  But I said from the get go it was my feeling his job isn’t safe.  I still feel his job isn’t safe.  Camp and Preseason will determine his fate IMO.  

I would like to think that perhaps our coaches have learnt a valuable lesson that what a guy does in preseason and what a guy can achieve during the regular season are not necessarily the same thing.  It would be a mistake IMO to trade off a guy who has shown he can play in the NFL in favor of a CFL "dark horse"

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I’m glad you are keeping this going..

Im hoping this thread is the 2019 version of last years  “Luck is past it” ..

Im not keeping anything going.  I responded to someone’s comment.  And I never guaranteed anything, all I did was share my feeling his job isn’t safe and why.  And with him looking up at Brown, Foster, and Cole I still think his job isn’t safe.  Duke is still a wild card too.  

Plus McKenzie and Roberts still vying for a roster spot too.  

As I said before, I don’t care if I’m right or wrong come week 1.  This was never about that, it was about discussing our WR room, anticipated changes, and where they all fit.  And my feeling was with stiffer competition, Zay will fall down the depth chart.

But now some of you are taking a “victory lap” before the competition has even begun.  

All good either way, been a great thread of mostly great discussion and there is still a lot left in this story before we know how it ends.  

Cheers to all, Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Im not keeping anything going.  I responded to someone’s comment.  And I never guaranteed anything, all I did was share my feeling his job isn’t safe and why.  And with him looking up at Brown, Foster, and Cole I still think his job isn’t safe.  Duke is still a wild card too.  

Plus McKenzie and Roberts still vying for a roster spot too.  

As I said before, I don’t care if I’m right or wrong come week 1.  This was never about that, it was about discussing our WR room, anticipated changes, and where they all fit.  And my feeling was with stiffer competition, Zay will fall down the depth chart.

But now some of you are taking a “victory lap” before the competition has even begun.  

All good either way, been a great thread of mostly great discussion and there is still a lot left in this story before we know how it ends.  

Cheers to all, Go Bills

I meant keeping your argument going in terms of continuing this after the draft..

No “victory lap” from me...yet..

I really want this to turn into an epic thread for 2019 where Zay kills it...

The reality will probably be somewhere in between.. he will remain on the team in 2019 but put up modest numbers..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I meant keeping your argument going in terms of continuing this after the draft..

No “victory lap” from me...yet..

I really want this to turn into an epic thread for 2019 where Zay kills it...

The reality will probably be somewhere in between.. he will remain on the team in 2019 but put up modest numbers..

I would love nothing more than Zay to put up an epic season.  I’m not a poster who cares about being right about a feeling over Bills and our players succeeding.

Again, this was just a feeling and I said they would add 2 to 3 WRs in free agency and draft in some way.  They did exactly that, just was all in free agency.  

So now Zay has to prove he’s better than one of Brown or Foster or he will be a backup.  And Duke will have his own shot to prove he belongs too.  Cole is 100% the unquestioned slot WR, so he’s lost that battle already.  Now it’s down to can be beat out Brown or Foster while also holding off Duke.  

So I still remain skeptical.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

They aren’t that high on duke. The guy got a reserves/future contract out of the cfl and has participated in what for us?

maybe foster but you are crazy if you think duke is dictating any roster decision at all right now 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would love nothing more than Zay to put up an epic season.  I’m not a poster who cares about being right about a feeling over Bills and our players succeeding.

Again, this was just a feeling and I said they would add 2 to 3 WRs in free agency and draft in some way.  They did exactly that, just was all in free agency.  

So now Zay has to prove he’s better than one of Brown or Foster or he will be a backup.  And Duke will have his own shot to prove he belongs too.  Cole is 100% the unquestioned slot WR, so he’s lost that battle already.  Now it’s down to can be beat out Brown or Foster while also holding off Duke.  

So I still remain skeptical.  

Or he’s a fine backup to keep? Why does he have to be a starter? I’m fine with him as #4

And we did just add 2 more WRs as UDFAs.  One of them is a kid who was projected mid round - David Sills V - and he is a guy who has a real shot at this roster.  

So the WR battle is going to be very fun to watch with TWO wildcards in the equation IMO with Duke and Sills.  

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

They aren’t that high on duke. The guy got a reserves/future contract out of the cfl and has participated in what for us?

maybe foster but you are crazy if you think duke is dictating any roster decision at all right now 

Or he’s a fine backup to keep? Why does he have to be a starter? I’m fine with him as #4

Beane loves draft capital and value.  I think he will try and recoup something for Zay if he’s going to be a backup.  Just my opinion.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

He’s gonna have to fight w Sills V 

Sills looks a lot like Julian Edelman, a converted QB that produces.

Look at his film, his adjustments, ball tracking, speed its all there

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

Sills looks a lot like Julian Edelman, a converted QB that produces.

Look at his film, his adjustments, ball tracking, speed its all there

Yep, he’s awesome.     This guy doesn’t approve ????????‍♂️

7 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Yeah, that isn’t the least bit accurate. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Zay had had his struggles but I thought he started to come on last year. This thread seems a bit ridiculous to me.  He had 56 catches for 652 yards and 7 TD's last season.  The offense was a mess until Allen got going and then it was they still had major problems.  Some of those TD's were really nice plays by Zay as well.  

Zay showed vast improvement between year one and year two. Something strange was obviously going on in his life. I look forward to what he brings in year three. I expect a very pleasant surprise. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

You clearly didn’t listen Beane in his post draft presser just a little while ago specifically talk quite highly of Duke now did you ;)

Hint:  I did :) 

Take away was they think that kid can play and said wait until he has pads on and it’s 11 on 11 for real.

Edited by Alphadawg7

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Every team has guys that don’t pan out. At least they cut their losses and moved on pretty quickly. 

Not Peterman...it took for the fanbase to cry out for them to do it...

• Like (+1) 1