Calling it now: Zay Jones will not be on the week 1 roster.

Alphadawg7

35 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Please explain where I was being ignorant and not knowing stats?

Guess you missed the sarcasm. I called the other fella out for condescending aplomb. Then I was sketching out his dismissal of those who disagree with him.

• Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, TaskersGhost said:

Really, it's wrong?  

LMAO  ... this is one of those comments that renders a poster ignorant.  

Foster in the 4 games w/o Allen:  13 catches for 330 yards, an average of 82 YPG. 

Foster in the other 12 games with Allen:  14 catches for 221 yards, an average of fewer than 220 YPG.  

OK, let's just consider the weeks after Allen came back from injury then, which is fair.  In those games Foster caught 12 passes for 181 yards, an average of 60 YPG.  

I don't know, I learned in 1st grade math class that 82 > 60.  I'll have to go back and check tho, maybe I'm wrong.  LOL  

And let's keep in mind, one of those four non-Allen games was with Peterman, the other three were with nothing NFL QBs that hadn't played in any significant time, one having been called up from his sofa.  

You guys are really something else. 

The FACT of the matter is that there isn't a receiver on the team that performed better with Allen in there.  Sorry, that's simply a fact, rage against it as you may.  ;) 

I can only assume that you are using some website that is feeding you false information.  For starters, like I said, Foster never even played with Anderson and he played just one half with Peterman and had no catches.  He played in games 1-6 (true all with Allen) and had 2 catches for 30 yards.  He was then demoted to the PS because of his poor play.  He came back for game 10 (half the snaps) against the Jets and had 3 catches for 105 yards with Barkley throwing to him.  The following week Allen came back and played the remaining 6 games of the season, as did Foster (although he missed half the 1st Miami game, which hurt), during which time Foster caught 22 passes for 406 yards, including 7 catches for 104 yards against the Jets.

Here are the game logs for Allen: http://www.nfl.com/player/joshallen/2560955/gamelogs

And here are the game logs for Foster: http://www.nfl.com/player/robertfoster/2560729/gamelogs

36 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Happy Belated Birthday, Zay.  Turned 24 yesterday.  Zay has become one of the boards favorite targets of ire.  I understand the criticism for the drops, the gaining yards at garbage time, etc, but his stats for the last five games last year were

19 catches, 260 yards and 5 TDs

That's an 800 yard, 15 TD season...

He improved as Josh improved and became a favored red zone target. 

The Bills will build around Zay, Foster, Beasley, Brown and 1st 3 round rookie -- not cut Zay.

Hopefully Zay has a wholly uneventful off-season and can build off of last year, instead of starting the season off behind the 8-ball.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TaskersGhost said:

Really, it's wrong?  

LMAO  ... this is one of those comments that renders a poster ignorant.  

Foster in the 4 games w/o Allen:  13 catches for 330 yards, an average of 82 YPG. 

Foster in the other 12 games with Allen:  14 catches for 221 yards, an average of fewer than 220 YPG.  

OK, let's just consider the weeks after Allen came back from injury then, which is fair.  In those games Foster caught 12 passes for 181 yards, an average of 60 YPG.  

I don't know, I learned in 1st grade math class that 82 > 60.  I'll have to go back and check tho, maybe I'm wrong.  LOL  

And let's keep in mind, one of those four non-Allen games was with Peterman, the other three were with nothing NFL QBs that hadn't played in any significant time, one having been called up from his sofa.  

You guys are really something else. 

The FACT of the matter is that there isn't a receiver on the team that performed better with Allen in there.  Sorry, that's simply a fact, rage against it as you may.  ;) 

I know don't how to break this to you but you are completely 100% wrong here. please go look at box scores and the qb's he played with. wherever you are getting your info is false. 

and the irony of the ignorance comment to boot... LOL.

4 hours ago, Doc said:

I can only assume that you are using some website that is feeding you false information.  For starters, like I said, Foster never even played with Anderson and he played just one half with Peterman and had no catches.  He played in games 1-6 (true all with Allen) and had 2 catches for 30 yards.  He was then demoted to the PS because of his poor play.  He came back for game 10 (half the snaps) against the Jets and had 3 catches for 105 yards with Barkley throwing to him.  The following week Allen came back and played the remaining 6 games of the season, as did Foster (although he missed half the 1st Miami game, which hurt), during which time Foster caught 22 passes for 406 yards, including 7 catches for 104 yards against the Jets.

Here are the game logs for Allen: http://www.nfl.com/player/joshallen/2560955/gamelogs

And here are the game logs for Foster: http://www.nfl.com/player/robertfoster/2560729/gamelogs

Hopefully Zay has a wholly uneventful off-season and can build off of last year, instead of starting the season off behind the 8-ball.

thank you... @TaskersGhost  is forming arguments off false numbers. if he's doing it with foster, I would assume he's doing it elsewhere.... its all just a bunch of made up hot air.

what a blowhard.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I know how to break this to you but you are completely 100% wrong here. please go look at box scores and the qb's he played with. wherever you are getting your info is false. 

and the irony of the ignorance comment to boot... LOL.

thank you... @TaskersGhost  is forming arguments off false numbers. if he's doing it with foster, I would assume he's doing it elsewhere.... its all just a bunch of made up hot air.

He gave stats for 16 games, I don’t know how accurate the yards totals are but I do know that Foster only played in 13 games so that’s a bad start.

4 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

He gave stats for 16 games, I don’t know how accurate the yards totals are but I do know that Foster only played in 13 games so that’s a bad start.

it doesn't get any better for him stating that foster played 4 games with other qb's…. he played a half with Peterman and a game with barkley. THATS IT.

i think what he does is post lonngggg well worded blatherings with made up facts and hopes that people just assume his numbers are correct because he made a longer post detailing it. he could spend less time on his word content and spend more time on his research and offer 100X more to a discussion 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoeF said:

Happy Belated Birthday, Zay.  Turned 24 yesterday.  Zay has become one of the boards favorite targets of ire.  I understand the criticism for the drops, the gaining yards at garbage time, etc, but his stats for the last five games last year were

19 catches, 260 yards and 5 TDs

That's an 800 yard, 15 TD season...

He improved as Josh improved and became a favored red zone target. 

The Bills will build around Zay, Foster, Beasley, Brown and 1st 3 round rookie -- not cut Zay.

Happy Birthday Zay.  As a present this thread should be closed!  LOL

Zay will compete this summer and in all likelihood remain on the team.

As to where Zay ends up on the depth chart.......................I'll wait until they start catching balls in the summer.

Thanks for the stats JoeF!

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

it doesn't get any better for him stating that foster played 4 games with other qb's…. he played a half with Peterman and a game with barkley. THATS IT.

i think what he does is post lonngggg well worded blatherings with made up facts and hopes that people just assume his numbers are correct because he made a longer post detailing it. he could spend less time on his word content and spend more time on his research and offer 100X more to a discussion 

He has never liked Allen and continually provides inaccurate information to justify his narratives. When you point out just the most blatant errors in his arguments he completely ignores it, misdirects the conversation, or accuses you of not being able to understand - and then he proceeds to provide the same inaccurate information in his next post.

Trying to have a “reasonable” discussion with him about Allen is an exercise in futility...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I just have to say one last time that TaskersGhost in all seriousness said "Andre Holmes mimicked Goodwin" when attempting to prove that Josh Allen had a similar set of receivers as EJ Manuel. In fact I'll just post the whole thing because it's amazing to read:

8f4b58fb42bd7d55729a9f7a516f325e-full.jp

See, EJ Manuel had Stevie Johnson. But Stevie didn't produce with any other team, and Kelvin Benjamin had more career yards, so that means Kelvin Benjamin is on par with him.

But oh would you look at that, that's another lie. He says Kelvin Benjamin has more career yards than any receiver we had in 2013. Just a little slightly off there. Stevie Johnson has 1,743 more career receiving yards than Kelvin Benjamin, and Robert Woods has a mere 1,430 more. No way TaskersGhost is randomly making up information to win an internet argument. It was probably an honest mistake.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I just have to say one last time that TaskersGhost in all seriousness said "Andre Holmes mimicked Goodwin" when attempting to prove that Josh Allen had a similar set of receivers as EJ Manuel. In fact I'll just post the whole thing because it's amazing to read:

See, EJ Manuel had Stevie Johnson. But Stevie didn't produce with any other team, and Kelvin Benjamin had more career yards, so that means Kelvin Benjamin is on par with him.

But oh would you look at that, that's another lie. He says Kelvin Benjamin has more career yards than any receiver we had in 2013. Just a little slightly off there. Stevie Johnson has 1,743 more career receiving yards than Kelvin Benjamin, and Robert Woods has a mere 1,430 more. No way TaskersGhost is randomly making up information to win an internet argument. It was probably an honest mistake.

i'm fairly certain in another thread he said allens weapons in the passing game last year were slightly better than wentz rookie year when he had ertz, a young Matthews and sproles popping out of the backfield...

Image result for wtf gif

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The thing didn't link that you posted.

I really wanna read it.

Please find for me.

?

20 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i'm fairly certain in another thread he said allens weapons in the passing game last year were slightly better than wentz rookie year when he had ertz, a young Matthews and sproles popping out of the backfield...

Image result for wtf gif

??

7 hours ago, TaskersGhost said:

Well, to your point, there isn't a single QB that came into the NFL lacking a short-medium game anywhere near to the extent that Allen struggles that ever made it to even average much less franchise status.  So as I've pointed out numerous times, if Allen can do it he'll be the first.  I'm just not a fan of staking my entire career on "firsts" in the NFL, much in the same way that trading up for a WR (Watkins in our case) has never been worth it.  And as if we need to rehash all of our misteps as such as Bills fans, we of all fans should know about that.  

Otherwise agree with your post, but again, that renders what needs to be done a tall order.  I mean how does one get into a QB's head to get them to take his time, scan the field, much less effectively for which the jury's entirely out right now?  

One reason we rarely see guys coming into the league and improving with a poor short game is that they usually don’t see the light of day for at least a year. Rivers sat. Aaron Brooks sat. Jeff Blake sat. Favre sat. 

Go watch the Falcons 1991 game against the Redskins. Favre literally pulled a Peterman; 4 pass attempts, 2 incompletions (one high another in the dirt), and 2 interceptions. The first two games he played for the Packers weren’t much better. His first pass as a packer was intercepted. The second game he was booed off the field after fumbling 4 times.... He was horribly inconsistent. Crappy footwork and body position lead to tons of inaccurate passes. He benefited greatly from having Sterling Sharpe.

Fun fact... Favre’s completion percentage dropped by 5% to the high 50’s after Sharpe retired. 

A few of these guys can improve. It’s not usually for guys to improve like Favre. The reason to have faith is that Allen seems to have a similar will to succeed as Favre along with enough intelligence to learn from his mistakes. Time will tell whether we have a Favre or a Kyle Boller. 

50 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

One reason we rarely see guys coming into the league and improving with a poor short game is that they usually don’t see the light of day for at least a year. Rivers sat. Aaron Brooks sat. Jeff Blake sat. Favre sat. 

Go watch the Falcons 1991 game against the Redskins. Favre literally pulled a Peterman; 4 pass attempts, 2 incompletions (one high another in the dirt), and 2 interceptions. The first two games he played for the Packers weren’t much better. His first pass as a packer was intercepted. The second game he was booed off the field after fumbling 4 times.... He was horribly inconsistent. Crappy footwork and body position lead to tons of inaccurate passes. He benefited greatly from having Sterling Sharpe.

Fun fact... Favre’s completion percentage dropped by 5% to the high 50’s after Sharpe retired. 

A few of these guys can improve. It’s not usually for guys to improve like Favre. The reason to have faith is that Allen seems to have a similar will to succeed as Favre along with enough intelligence to learn from his mistakes. Time will tell whether we have a Favre or a Kyle Boller. 

Ironic.

Somebody quoting taskers ghost who's also posting made up stats.

Sterling Sharpe retired after the 1994 season.

Sterling Sharpe was also a wr, who was mostly an immediate to deep threat.

His brother was the TE, who never played for GB.

Favre comp% 1994: 62.4%

Favre comp% 1995: 63.0%

Hard to take you seriously when you are so egregiously mistaken.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

Ironic.

Somebody quoting taskers ghost who's also posting made up stats.

Sterling Sharpe retired after the 1994 season.

Sterling Sharpe was also a wr, who was mostly an immediate to deep threat.

His brother was the TE, who never played for GB.

Favre comp% 1994: 62.4%

Favre comp% 1995: 63.0%

Hard to take you seriously when you are so egregiously mistaken.

I mistook 95’ for 96’. Fun with charts and phones... My mistake. 

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Still had the wrong Sharpe ??

Please quote my post and highlight where I wrote Shannon. I’m pretty sure I just wrote Sharpe without a first name since, you know, Favre never played on the Broncos or Ravens.

If you wanna beat this like a dead horse feel free.