Bills rumored to be a suitor for OG Roger Saffold

YoloinOhio

22 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I find it hard to believe that a guy would leave a team with a young coach and quarterback, that just went to the Super Bowl, while living in suburban Los Angeles, just to rewind his career by a few years and move to a team with a young QB and coach that hasn’t smelled the Super Bowl in two decades and live in suburban Buffalo, NY. But....we’ll see!

????? is easy to believe.

On 2/28/2019 at 1:28 PM, John from Riverside said:

It all depends on whether we can actually get better OG's

A quality OG next to Dawkins would help him out a ton

When you think about the importance of bringing in a player of Richie Incognito's caliber in being a pro bowler then that player will be worth over 10 mill per*. That's only 5-6 guys in the entire NFL making over 10 mill, and the Cowboys Zack Martin is the highest paid at 14 mill. (*average pay)

Saffold will be 31 this year and his base pay is 5,375,000.with yearly cash 6,950,000. So, it remains to be seen what price the Bills would need to pay to bring him to Buffalo. 

In my view, it kinda makes more sense to find and draft a top OG considering all the penetrating, pass rushing DTs in the league. The Bills need a top LG who can block those DTs and pull for the run game. I know I'm greedy but I want an all pro, pro bowler at LG to help that center, LT. Center is another position I would want to see a top caliber player like Kent Hull. Build that offensive line right! 

6 hours ago, njbuff said:

Even though he will 31...............

Is the rate going to be 5 years for 50 million?

Does it really matter at the end of the day?

Like always it will be about the guaranteed money... is he seeing the last two years  of the deal and collecting $10 million per year? Only if his play still warrants it..

On 2/28/2019 at 7:37 AM, 315Mafia said:

IF the Bills could land Rodger Saffold and Matt Paradis, that would go along way towards solidifying the o- line.

then we add Alabama OT Jonah Williams in rd1 and flip Dawkins to right tackle

Wouldn't that be a complete 180° to last year's line. Still landing the players might be the tougher task though.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/28/2019 at 1:28 PM, John from Riverside said:

It all depends on whether we can actually get better OG's

A quality OG next to Dawkins would help him out a ton

I cannot agree with this more. Dawkins was no issue at all as a rookie with Incognito next to him. He didn't seem to fall off in 2018 until Teller was next to him. At that point I think it became clear that he was struggling to do his job while also making sure Teller was ready to do his. It would be a big help to Dawkins to have a vet who doesn't need any help there (or to be the one dishing calls to Dawkins)

5 hours ago, JustWinPlease said:

$10M per year for an offensive guard who will be 31 in June? Oof.

I'm not sure that's the way to go.

His age isn't important. Is he a quality lineman is the question. No reason a lineman can't be effective in his early 30's.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2