Bills rumored to be a suitor for OG Roger Saffold

YoloinOhio

15 minutes ago, RyanTalbotBills said:

I'd take anything Forbes says with a grain of salt. He throws a lot at the wall hoping for something to stick. Last year he said the Rams were trading for Odell Beckham Jr. and paying him $100 million. That said, Saffold would be a nice get for the Bills.

Didn’t he just sign a big deal like last year?

That'd be huge! I really trust this staffs judgement. I think they solidify the OL/TE positions for years in this draft/FA. Just like they basically solidified their defense in 2 years. This team is coming in 2019

Edited by JerseyBills

Umm yes please. The $10 doesn't scare me. Sign 3 top lineman. Give them all 5 years at $50m, and give them all $20m year one. We have the room to do it and then after the 1st year, they are all on 4 year deals with $30m remaining. That a $7.5m average. We would have a top OL for Bargan prices for Josh's most important years. Then after this season. We would have a real title shot, right when Brady is done. Filling every hole this year wont work or be a good long term plan

What I don't quite understand is the collective dismissal of virtually every FA purportedly linked to the Bills citing dollar figures as the primary deterrent.

We have like 80 mil in cap space. We're going to have to spend it somewhere and we're not gonna find PERFECT players in free agency.

Saffold would instantly improve the line.

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

I'm a little more hesitant than you are. If I'm going to overspend I would rather do it for a younger player. As it stands he is in a good situation in LA from location, team and coaching standpoint.  Obviously, we can pay more but I think he will stay in tinsel town. 

They will overspend for one veteran lineman who would be a leader of the o line. They want a leader in every room, and they don't have a leader on the o line.  Dawkins is the leader in training.  I agree about getting younger guys, but they need a leader.   

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buff76ers said:

Didn’t he just sign a big deal like last year?

Yes, but it wasn't with the Rams (as Forbes said).

Also said the Giants were prepared to make Andrew Norwell the highest paid guard in football.

The latter part was expected, but once again he had the team wrong. Perhaps Forbes just has bad sources when it comes to the Giants.

There was also this post when he claimed Matt Paradis wasn't well liked in the Broncos locker room...

Which was ripped apart by Paradis' former teammates. 

Like I said, he throws a lot out there hoping something sticks. An earlier post by Forbes said the Bills were interested in Saffold, Glowinski (before he re-signed), Mitch Morse and Daryl Williams. Considering Buffalo's need for OL, he's taking a shot at the Bills landing one of them so he can claim to be first with the news. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

One reason Saffold looked so good was that he had a solid LT next to him in Andrew Whitworth, who just decided he would play another year. Surprising really because of Rams center John Sullivan played so poorly in the second half of last year.  Kind of interesting that all five Rams linemen played in all 16 games.

Anyway, he would be a huge upgrade over what Buffalo now has at LG. Not really at Richie Incognito's level but at 6'5'' 323lbs he should hold his own. Only one hold penalty last year, 4 false starts. 

Yep - that is exactly where I am. Saffold was kind of in and out his early years in LA. We shouldn't forget he was drafted to play LT and was pretty much a bust there. He only stayed in LA after failing a medical in Oakland. He has been much better since Whitworth arrived to play next to him. He is not an elite guard by any stretch but he would instantly become the best guard on this roster. I'd still prefer Quinton Spain or Ramon Foster but I'd take Saffold. Saffold and Spencer Long would be immediate upgrades at guard on what we put out there in 2018.

13 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I have said it more then once. The skill position players in FA do nothing for me and the college lineman are not being developed properly. Fix the lines in FA and draft nothing but skill players.

This can not be stressed enough and let's hope and pray that our front office knows this.  Use mid to late rds pks on O-Line that can be developed in time but for now let's add 3 guys in free agency. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, QCity said:

Probably the only good hire Rex made when he was here. That beach chair-throwing drunk knows how to coach an O-line.

Sanjay was a really good coach also.  Actually the offensive staff Rex had was fantastic. Doesn't get much better then this

Roman

Lynn

Sanjay

Kromor 

• Like (+1) 2