No franchise Tag for Foles

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26094117/eagles-put-franchise-tag-foles

As anticipated on this board, the Eagles chose not to put a franchise tag on Foles. 

After their posturing the past 2 years, I was kinda hoping the Eagles would Tag him and then actually have to pay someone draft compensation to get Foles off their books. That would have been so ironic.

Now Eagles hoping for a 3rd round comp pick.

Fins, Redskins and Jags are the oddsmakers' favorites to land him.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

41 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Such poor asset management, should have moved him when they had the chance

Just a month ago, everyone was wondering whether Foles was going to take them on another Super Bowl run.

The Eagles didn't make it past the divisional round this time.  But without Foles as backup, they probably wouldn't have made the playoffs at all.

Keeping him on the roster for another season gave them a legitimate shot in 2018.  That's all you can ask for.

Other teams have given up way more to make a one-year run at the Lombardi.

• Like (+1) 4

10 hours ago, Foxx said:

i think i heard on the radio today that the Jags are gonna sign Foles to a multi year deal. anyone else hear this?

It's the right move but they will be truly f****d with the Bortles signing on the books too. Tom Coughlin is desperate to get the triple crown of coaching 2 and later GMing (or whatever he does) 1 Superbowl with some stagnant franchises. He's got a shot and he ain't getting any younger.

Jags would be miserable in a few years if they can't resign their defense.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

12 hours ago, Foxx said:

i think i heard on the radio today that the Jags are gonna sign Foles to a multi year deal. anyone else hear this?

Oh, I SO hope this blows up in the Jags' faces...

21 hours ago, Foxx said:

Gotta get under the cap first ?

On 2/27/2019 at 2:52 PM, MAJBobby said:

Such poor asset management, should have moved him when they had the chance

Yeah - they could have had a pretty good deal for him.  

Tyrod got pick 65 last offseason and Foles was Super bowl MVP.