Bills Offseason (R Talbot - I woulds take this

ngbills

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/expo/sports/g66l-2019/02/8b9940f9cc2122/2019-nfl-draft-trade-helps-buffalo-bills-land-impact-players-in-7round-mock.html

Update Depth on Offense: Looks to be a huge upgrade across the board.

QB: Allen, Barkley, Anderson

RB: McCoy, Love, Yelden

FB: Dimarco

WR: Tyrell Williams, Zay Jones. R Foster, D Sills

TE: T.J. Hockenson, Jess James, Croom

OL: Matt Paradis, Daryl Williams, Dawkins, Chris Lindstrom, Kaleb McGary, Long, Miller/Groy/Teller/Mills/Brandon Fanaika

Updated Depth Chart of Defense: Depth across the board.

DT: H Phillips, Jeffery Simmons, Lotulelei, J Phillips

DE: Murphy, Hughes, Anthony Nelson, Lawson, Yarbrough

LB: Milano, Edmunds, Alexander,  T Davis, Sione Takitaki, Lacey

DB: Hyde, Poyer, White, EJ Gaines, Wallace, Johnson, Bush, Blace Brown, /Andrew Wingard

This looks to be a much improved team. Still think we could use an additional WR. But the OL looks much improved and TE position solidified. Love could be a steal at RB. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Little weak at WR, I think, but I love the idea of a much improved TE room -  that balances it out well. 

It depends on what the admin really think about Foster and Jones. If they see each of them as being top three guys, then this would be a dream scenario. Nelson and Simmons on the DL would be amazing.

• Like (+1) 1

That Free agency would exceed my expectations dramatically..

Would probably take a receiver at 40...Im expecting quality guys to still be there then

I like Lindstrom and McGary particularly at those positions in the draft..

I would prefer a  RB that will actually be able to run in 2019 as a fourth round pick...

Other than that thumbs up from me....

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Little weak at WR, I think, but I love the idea of a much improved TE room -  that balances it out well. 

It depends on what the admin really think about Foster and Jones. If they see each of them as being top three guys, then this would be a dream scenario. Nelson and Simmons on the DL would be amazing.

WR: Tyrell Williams, Zay Jones. R Foster, D Sills

Totally agree with that. Going in with what will be an overpaid #2, 3rd year underwhelming slot WR, a speedy yet promising 2nd year guy and possibly the 10th rated WR in the draft is far from ideal. 

But better than last season for sure.

19 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Totally agree with that. Going in with what will be an overpaid #2, 3rd year underwhelming slot WR, a speedy yet promising 2nd year guy and possibly the 10th rated WR in the draft is far from ideal. 

It all depends what coaches think. Foster showed glimpses of a legit superstar , if he could be consistent , he can be a #1 . 6'2 . Jones showed glimpses to in year 2. I think those 2 are better than they get credit for. I do want Williams, Crabtree or Tate or a trade. But Foster/Jones is suddenly a nice duo to build on. McKenzie looks great at his role as well.  

I think with OL and TE solidified , our WR will look much much better

Edited by JerseyBills

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/expo/sports/g66l-2019/02/8b9940f9cc2122/2019-nfl-draft-trade-helps-buffalo-bills-land-impact-players-in-7round-mock.html

OL: Matt Paradis, Daryl Williams, Dawkins, Chris Lindstrom, Kaleb McGary, Long, Miller/Groy/Teller/Mills/Brandon Fanaika

DB: Hyde, Poyer, White, EJ Gaines, Wallace, Johnson, Bush, Blace Brown, /Andrew Wingard

This looks to be a much improved team. Still think we could use an additional WR. But the OL looks much improved and TE position solidified. Love could be a steal at RB. 

DE - Lorax.  He was top 10 edge defender on PFF. Also a top 70 player for the season. I think we can see him go DE closer to full time and Davis can fill his role more. But add that edge talent. Lorax and Shaq can rush inside too. Alot of versatility along that DL. Deep too

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Id take that.  I dont view Hockenson as a top 10 talent as some do but I do think he will end up being a really good TE.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

46 minutes ago, billvernsays said:

That’s all fun but Washington doesn’t have to draft capital to make this move with us. 

Because it’s Washington, can’t they push it off onto future generations of fans? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

We may get lucky with D Williams as well, so there's that ingredient to throw in too.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I would LOVE to draft Hockenson, but if the Bills sign James, I think that removes the chance they will take a TE so high in the first.  Also, I don't think they will sign Tyrell, and may not sign any FA WR given the depth in the draft.  If we do, I like Humphries, but for this mock I am going to assume they dont add a notable one in FA.   I also don't think the Redskins will pay both a 2nd and 3rd in that trade down, and will likely just net us their first 2 picks.  So I am going to mock our draft assuming we get the Skins first 2 picks only.

#15 - Metcalf - WR - Big, Fast, and true #1 potential.  

#40 - Dalton Risner - OL - This guys seems like he was born to play for the Bills like Kyle.  Nasty streak.

#46 - Oshane Ximines - EDGE - He will be one of the best pass rushers to come out of this draft.

#74 - Devin Singletary - RB - Called a McCoy clone, perfect RB to bring in to play along side McCoy to eventually succeed him this year or next.

#112 - Andy Isabella - WR (or trade this pick to Bengals for J. ROSS)

#131 - Josh Oliver - TE - Gives us twin towers at TE in James and Oliver.  Oliver is dangerous as a receiver and not as polished as a blocker.  James on the other hand is also a receiving threat, but a very good pass and run blocker.  Having these two would give Allen both blocking help and twin tower receiving threats.

I am drooling at this possibility.  

We have veteran help in FA on the OL and a promising rookie to protect Allen.  

Metcalf starts as #1 WR, let Duke and Foster battle for #2 spot (I think Duke has the potential to be an excellent compliment to Metcalf).  Zay and Isabella (or Ross) can battle for slot.

We got the twin towers at TE in James and rookie Oliver, who both are dangerous receivers, especially Oliver.  James starts at TE given he is also an excellent blocker in both pass and run game.  Oliver is used mostly as a recieving weapon.  

McCoy can mentor the guy in the draft most often compared to him in Singletary where they split time and maybe even see Devin overtake McCoy at some point this year and succeed him officially in year 2.

We also add what I believe will be one of the premiere pass rushers to come out of this draft in Ximines.  

BOOM Playoffs.  I should GM this draft.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That is a dream scenario off-season. No way we spend that much. It would free up the draft for BPA every round. I just can't see us overpaying for each of those positions. Maybe 1 or 2....

Edited by qwksilver

7 hours ago, ngbills said:

Looks perfect to me.

8 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

It all depends what coaches think. Foster showed glimpses of a legit superstar , if he could be consistent , he can be a #1 . 6'2 . Jones showed glimpses to in year 2. I think those 2 are better than they get credit for. I do want Williams, Crabtree or Tate or a trade. But Foster/Jones is suddenly a nice duo to build on. McKenzie looks great at his role as well.  

I think with OL and TE solidified , our WR will look much much better

I think Foster has a lot still to prove but he certainly deserves to go into camp as a starter. Jones still isn't consistent enough and needs to take a huge step forward this year. The one I agree with you on is McKenzie. I think that kid is a playmaker and I am higher on him than most seem to be. I would be quite happy with him as the starting slot / gadget guy. It is outside where I would be looking for upgrades.

9 hours ago, ngbills said:

I hope they do more to upgrade the defensive end room than take a 4th round developmental guy.