Report: Bengals looking to trade WR John Ross

YoloinOhio

Monster speed guy, top 10 pick, has dealt with injuries and other things (he was inactive when healthy his first year) ... wonder what they want.

i could see Beane testing the market here as he pulled the trigger on Corey Coleman last year though it was a fail.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

My lasting memory of him is breaking our entire secondary’s ankles on the Bengals first play of the game in preseason last year for a TD. Vontae Davis actually retired after that play, not week 2 at halftime. 

I havent seen him do much else but I try not to watch the Bengals

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

I will say, when’s he not hurt, he finds a way to score.  Shocking pick though he was a good player in college.  Personally, I think it would be stupid for the Bengals to trade him now since his value is so low. 

But if it was for a 3rd or later, I’d be really interesting (depending on his physical). I love former 1st round picks who struggle on their first team.  

• Like (+1) 3

Hmm. That's gotta be intriguing for McBeane at the very least. Pairing a speed guy who can take the top off a defense with a rocket-armed QB has to be interesting. I'm sure a lot would depend on his medical stuff and I'm not sure if he has any off-field concerns that would make him a "non-process" guy or whatever. Kid might just need a fresh start. Plus, McBeane already has trade history with the Bengals having dealt Glenn there last year.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Did you guys know that the Bengals picked him instead of Mahomes?

I’m not saying Andy Dalton is great.  But he is a qb that has been to playoffs multiple times so it makes a lot more sense why they would have passed on Mahomes.  Still, I didn’t get the Ross pick for them.  It didn’t seem like a huge need.

8 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

I watched him play a bunch of times he seems like one of those players that doesn't play as fast as his time is. He doesn't have player speed.

It’s weird because he did have that combine time but he’s become a weird red zone threat.  He had 7 tds on 21 catches and 210 yards.  That’s like TE numbers, not small fast guy stats.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m not saying Andy Dalton is great.  But he is a qb that has been to playoffs multiple times so it makes a lot more sense why they would have passed on Mahomes.  Still, I didn’t get the Ross pick for them.  It didn’t seem like a huge need.

The Chiefs traded up to pick him and they had Alex Smith who had just taken them to the playoffs the year before..I guess that’s why the Bengals are the Bengals..

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

The Chiefs traded up to pick him and they had Alex Smith who had just taken them to the playoffs the year before..I guess that’s why the Bengals are the Bengals..

But that’s why the KC move was so risky and genius.  Most teams don’t do that.  And obviously, they won the lottery with Mahomes.  

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

But that’s why the KC move was so risky and genius.  Most teams don’t do that.  And obviously, they won the lottery with Mahomes.  

It was a great move in hindsight no doubt..

Not sure I consider it winning the lottery... they identified him, had a plan to get him and executed it to perfection..

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

It was a great move in hindsight no doubt..

Not sure I consider it winning the lottery... they identified him, had a plan to get him and executed it to perfection..

That’s fair.  But to pick a MVP when you have a solid, playoff type qb takes some big ones. 

And as much crap as Dalton gets, he might be the 2nd best qb in Bills history. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97

21 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I will say, when’s he not hurt, he finds a way to score.  Shocking pick though he was a good player in college.  Personally, I think it would be stupid for the Bengals to trade him now since his value is so low. 

But if it was for a 3rd or later, I’d be really interesting (depending on his physical). I love former 1st round picks who struggle on their first team.  

Honestly, how many have we had now?  I really have trouble keeping track.

Matthews

Benjamin

Coleman

Is there another one that I am just not remembering?

• Like (+1) 1