Playing the Role of GM 2019

BillsFan1988

Misleading thread title - I thought this was about Mike Mayock!  :lol:

(totally just kidding)

As for the OP - I am absolutely NOT willing to pass judgement on the talent of the OL until I see them coached by someone other than Juan Castillo.

Sure we could add 2-3 but wholesale replacing all 5 of them is just silly.

Edited by BobChalmers

43 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Misleading thread title - I thought this was about Mike Mayock!  :lol:

(totally just kidding)

As for the OP - I am absolutely NOT willing to pass judgement on the talent of the OL until I see them coached by someone other than Juan Castillo.

Sure we could add 2-3 but wholesale replacing all 5 of them is just silly.

I got Dawkins at starting  LG. But at the same time he's the bkup left tackle in case of injury because I got Teller and Long coming off the bench first in case of injury those guys will replace Dawkins at LG while he kicks over to LT. I actually thought that was very smart thing to do having flexibility. 

53 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Thank you so much for this. I thought that I was the only one here who wants him at RG for the Buffalo Bills.

Again, I believe that he has been hampered by injuries but last season he looked very good imo. He is an extremely hard worker and is probably one of the strongest players in the league. DJ played RT in college and if healthy, he will be a road grader. He is also a leader.

A player like him can make a difference if he clicks and is certainly worth offering a contract to.

If any part of my plan happens I hope it's at least 3 guys from the Oline . Especially Fluker at RG he played very well last yr seems like he has finally developed.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Thank you so much for this. I thought that I was the only one here who wants him at RG for the Buffalo Bills.

Again, I believe that he has been hampered by injuries but last season he looked very good imo. He is an extremely hard worker and is probably one of the strongest players in the league. DJ played RT in college and if healthy, he will be a road grader. He is also a leader.

A player like him can make a difference if he clicks and is certainly worth offering a contract to.

Of course you do Bill... take the Crimson tinted glasses off my old friend. I don't think he looked 'very good' last year. He was blown up consistently in the run game where he just does not anchor well enough and gets forced back early. He was passable. Less of disaster zone than in his year with the Giants but not very good. I'm not against bringing him in as competition but I'm not convinced he'd beat out Wyatt Teller and I am pretty sure he wouldn't beat out Spencer Long. Giving Fluker a 3 year deal for $20m when he played for $3m in his one year (which was an utter disaster) in New York and then $1.5m in his one year (that was a little better) in Seattle would be utter, unadulterated madness.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Of course you do Bill... take the Crimson tinted glasses off my old friend. I don't think he looked 'very good' last year. He was blown up consistently in the run game where he just does not anchor well enough and gets forced back early. He was passable. Less of disaster zone than in his year with the Giants but not very good. I'm not against bringing him in as competition but I'm not convinced he'd beat out Wyatt Teller and I am pretty sure he wouldn't beat out Spencer Long. Giving Fluker a 3 year deal for $20m when he played for $3m in his one year (which was an utter disaster) in New York and then $1.5m in his one year (that was a little better) in Seattle would be utter, unadulterated madness.

I did not come up with the numbers and when I saw him last season he played well.

There have only been a few good guards on this team going back to the Electric Company. Bringing in a player like Fluker to a reasonable contract has little risk and would be a smart move imo.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Not sure your right bout this DJ played very well last he was a big part of that #1 ranked rushing offense Seattle had for most of the yr. 6.5 mil per yr is nothing nowadays for a solid starting gaurd. 

41 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Not sure your right bout this DJ played very well last he was a big part of that #1 ranked rushing offense Seattle had for most of the yr. 6.5 mil per yr is nothing nowadays for a solid starting gaurd. 

Watch the games. Watch Fluker's individual play. The Seahawks line improved because both tackles were very good last season. The interior less so. Fluker is not a solid starting guard. 

I am fine with bringing him in cheap (and he will be cheap) but I think Spencer Long is a better guard than Fluker and I would not be relying on him to start. 

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:02 PM, GunnerBill said:

Watch the games. Watch Fluker's individual play. The Seahawks line improved because both tackles were very good last season. The interior less so. Fluker is not a solid starting guard. 

I am fine with bringing him in cheap (and he will be cheap) but I think Spencer Long is a better guard than Fluker and I would not be relying on him to start. 

Tell that to Suh after he is pancaked.

Here are a few more clips. You might want to go back to the drawing board. ;) 

Edited by Bill from NYC

32 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Tell that to Suh after he is pancaked.

Here are a few more clips. You might want to go back to the drawing board. ;) 

He did play well that first game against the Rams - the whole Seattle line did. Over the course of the season he was a below average starter. Again.

26 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He did play well that first game against the Rams - the whole Seattle line did. Over the course of the season he was a below average starter. Again.

OK, there must be nothing I can show you to make you think he is good, which is more than OK. I don't pretend to be a scout but I have watched every play of his college career.

In terms of his pro career, much of it has been hampered by injury. I can understand reluctance to sign him based on this, but not based on ability. We don't have a guard on our roster who could pancake Suh if Suh was blindfolded. All of our guards at the same time probably couldn't.

And btw, it isn't all about being from Bama. I was the one who put a damper on things when I said before and after the draft that selecting Kouandjio  was a mistake.

I didn't want the Bills taking Dre Kirkpatrick either but that I am sure you believe. ;)

Just now, Bill from NYC said:

OK, there must be nothing I can show you to make you think he is good, which is more than OK. I don't pretend to be a scout but I have watched every play of his college career.

In terms of his pro career, much of it has been hampered by injury. I can understand reluctance to sign him based on this, but not based on ability. We don't have a guard on our roster who could pancake Suh if Suh was blindfolded. All of our guards at the same time probably couldn't.

And btw, it isn't all about being from Bama. I was the one who put a damper on things when I said before and after the draft that selecting Kouandjio  was a mistake.

I didn't want the Bills taking Dre Kirkpatrick either but that I am sure you believe. ;)

I think Spencer Long is a much more capable NFL guard than DJ Fluker. And yep, there is nothing you can show me to make me think he is good. Because there is more than enough tape out there of him playing in the NFL that shows he is bad. I'm not against bringing him in as competition. If we bring him in intending him to start and paying him the money that was suggested (I know not by you) at the start of this thread then it would be sheer lunacy.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/26/2019 at 3:16 PM, MAJBobby said:

And Just like that the Bills in cap he’ll in 2020 

Its not like we have to resign anyone, Hughes, Allen   Or anyone like that.  It is becoming common place to resign guys to extensions early.  We would have a great team for one year if all those guys were scheme fits.  For what ever reason people think any player can play any scheme.  When in reality very few players have that ability.

On 2/27/2019 at 11:17 AM, Bill from NYC said:

I did not come up with the numbers and when I saw him last season he played well.

There have only been a few good guards on this team going back to the Electric Company. Bringing in a player like Fluker to a reasonable contract has little risk and would be a smart move imo.

We have had several very good Gs actually.