Can you think of a TV show that's blown you away from very beginning to very end?

On 2/25/2019 at 7:10 PM, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

Mad Men

A very good show on it's own.  But I also enjoyed watching because my father and grandfather worked in Manhattan in the 1950/60s--the show is very accurate to the era.

On 2/26/2019 at 2:07 PM, Nextmanup said:

I would say most really good TV shows that I have enjoyed I have enjoyed for their entire duration.

Sopranos, GOT, Northern Exposure, Twin Peaks, Breaking Bad, Six Feet Under....to name just a few off the top of my head.

Sure, some episodes are better than others and sometimes entire seasons can be a little below par, but it's still all good for the most part.

The only show that I really enjoyed which was very inconsistent along the way was LOST.  I went from loving it, to being annoyed by it, to questioning how good it was, to sort of liking it again.  

Without question, the creators of that show did not envision such a long run, and relatively early on went off the initial outline for the show.  They were making it up as they went along and it suffers for that.

Six Feet Under had maybe the greatest first season of any show I've watched.  But then it just turned into this self-indulgent, people suck marathon.   It got old after awhile. 

6 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I would say there are 4 shows that are near perfect in execution consistently from beginning to end:

Breaking Bad

Futurama

Mr Show with Bob and David

Oz

I stumbled onto Mr Show with Bob and David online somewhere just looking around for new shows.

Looks like a fantastic cast, that's for sure.

4 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Six Feet Under had maybe the greatest first season of any show I've watched.  But then it just turned into this self-indulgent, people suck marathon.   It got old after awhile. 

Damn... I just discovered that was on Amazon Prime and was going to watch it.

Guess not.

Shows that have great 1st seasons and then spiral down the drain are almost worse than bad shows from beginning to end.

Heroes was addictive and fantastic the 1st season before getting quickly flushed down the toilet.

Curb Your Enthusiasm, I hear there are plans for another, I guess they can all be in palliative care?

Cheers was very solid 80% of the time and finished very strong the last 2 seasons.

On 3/6/2019 at 12:08 PM, boater said:

A very good show on it's own.  But I also enjoyed watching because my father and grandfather worked in Manhattan in the 1950/60s--the show is very accurate to the era.

I’ve been told they nailed the era to a “T”.

On 3/10/2019 at 10:06 AM, Keukasmallies said:

Most of the shows my wife watches blow me far far away from the television set.

Reminds me of a quote by Groucho Marx:

"I find television to be very educational. Whenever someone turns it on, I go in the other room and read a book."

• Like (+1) 1

The show "Crashing" on HBO just ended.    

Only 3 seasons........very good all the way thru and the 3rd season was great and they nailed the final episode even though they didn't know it was going to be the series finale.

All shows wish they could end like that. 

Ozark........it's become just a series of scenes where Justin Bateman goes to put out one fire then gets a call and has to leave to put out the next and so forth...........it's good but the writing seems rushed.........not bad but not on par with Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul at all.

Rick and Morty..........been awesome so far.    Takes forever between each series but what a great show.

• 1 year later...
On 2/25/2019 at 7:57 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

The Wire....the only thing I found odd was the 2nd season didn't seem to fit into the story line like the other seasons. It was still good though. 

Second season sucked. I almost quit watching (glad I didn’t!). I struggle to get through the 2nd season every time I’ve rewatched that series.

7 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Second season sucked. I almost quit watching (glad I didn’t!). I struggle to get through the 2nd season every time I’ve rewatched that series.

I feel like the second season should have been a separate series. I don't think it sucked. It was probably one of my favorite seasons,  it just didn't fit in with the storyline. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79

On 2/25/2019 at 5:43 PM, Seasons1992 said:

Ozark on Netflix. Every episode is dynamite.

Breaking Bad took some developing....

I binged all three seasons during the first few months of the quarantine.  Great show.  I see you posted this about a year and a half ago so I don't know what you thought of season 3 but I thought that was the best one.  4th Season is apparently supposed to be the last.