Crabtree releases

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He would easily be our most complete WR.. he is physical and has really good hands

i would give him a 1-2 year deal to be a middle of the field and RZ threat

Isn’t he basically what Zay is, except with better hands and much more expensive?  I mean I won’t completely hate it but he is on the downhill slide.  Plus, he would probably want a big over pay to come here. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Isn’t he basically what Zay is, except with better hands and much more expensive?  I mean I won’t completely hate it but he is on the downhill slide.  Plus, he would probably want a big over pay to come here. 

I have no idea what money he wants and I would not give him big bucks because his age 

but on a cheap deal 1 year-4 million or 2 for 7 million I think he could help Allen 

at this point I would say Zay is a much poorer version of Crabtree. Both are big, cut WRs who CBs shouldn’t like tackling when the ball is in their hands ...

but Crabtree has imposed his strength and high pointing abilities in the NFL and can man handle CBs... Zay has not developed that dawg mentality yet and he may never

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I have no idea what money he wants and I would not give him big bucks because his age 

but on a cheap deal 1 year-4 million or 2 for 7 million I think he could help Allen 

at this point I would say Zay is a much poorer version of Crabtree. Both are big, cut WRs who CBs shouldn’t like tackling when the ball is in their hands ...

but Crabtree has imposed his strength and high pointing abilities in the NFL and can man handle CBs... Zay has not developed that dawg mentality yet and he may never

Yeah, I mean at this point of their careers, they are similar.  I think Crabtree probsbly thinks that he is better than he is and will only take money to come to a “non contender “ but would take less to go to a “contender.”  I do think he would be nice to have a vet in the locker room though.

24 minutes ago, MJS said:

No thanks. He's been a mirage for years.

22 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Mediocre receiver

18 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He would easily be our most complete WR.. he is physical and has really good hands

i would give him a 1-2 year deal to be a middle of the field and RZ threat

And THIS, my friends, is why this board is so awesome.

:lol:

• Like (+1) 4

I would definitely sign him to a 1 year deal at 5.5 with some incentives.  I am not a believer in Zay Jones and I don't want him given a spot.  If he outperforms someone like Crabtree fine - then he's earned the spot.  I'm willing to move on from Zay in a minute to get some pro's in here.  

Crabtree is nothing special but he can play.  I don't want to fart around with hoping, it's time to build Allen a viable WR group.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I would definitely sign him to a 1 year deal at 5.5 with some incentives.  I am not a believer in Zay Jones and I don't want him given a spot.  If he outperforms someone like Crabtree fine - then he's earned the spot.  I'm willing to move on from Zay in a minute to get some pro's in here.  

Crabtree is nothing special but he can play.  I don't want to fart around with hoping, it's time to build Allen a viable WR group.  

On this we agree

We also need some veteran leadership in that WR room

• Like (+1) 1