Impeachment Hearings Open In House Of Representatives

Tiberius

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

No one else’ here has claimed I said it was the law , ceptin you. As is always the case with my posts and you. You don’t read them, you skim them and assume language that is not in there. 

Argue with my thoughts all you want, I welcome that. But don’t make up chit I have not written. 

You acted as if it was a law. I'm sorry I responded to you at all. I had forgotten how difficult is was with you to have a discussion. Everything you say is just a little bit off in some way. Is English your first language?

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Let’s just say a candidate derives 50 % of his income from companies , not disclosed publicly , in oil and gas exploration. And he is not divesting his positions post election. That’s a problem in my mind that as a voter I have a right to understand. 

Any Presidential candidate must file a financial disclosure within 30 days of declaring his or her candidacy.  Trump filed his in May, 2015. I bet he’s got to file another one for the 2020 election.  Not sure if he officially declared or filed an updated disclosure yet.

Anyone could do the digging to see what foreign entanglements he might have had prior to his election.  Nobody seems to have cared until after he won.  Still nobody seems to have tried.  Everyone wants to see his tax returns. Tax returns don’t show the source of income in the way you’re thinking it will. 

http://pfds.opensecrets.org/N00023864_2015_Pres.pdf

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, snafu said:

Any Presidential candidate must file a financial disclosure within 30 days of declaring his or her candidacy.  Trump filed his in May, 2015. I bet he’s got to file another one for the 2020 election.  Not sure if he officially declared or filed an updated disclosure yet.

Anyone could do the digging to see what foreign entanglements he might have had prior to his election.  Nobody seems to have cared until after he won.  Still nobody seems to have tried.  Everyone wants to see his tax returns. Tax returns don’t show the source of income in the way you’re thinking it will. 

http://pfds.opensecrets.org/N00023864_2015_Pres.pdf

Cohens testimony pointed to all kinds of fraud. Tax records combined with bank records should shed light on that. 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Cohens testimony pointed to all kinds of fraud. Tax records combined with bank records should shed light on that. 

Banks do their own appraisals of property. Doesn’t matter what a borrower says. If the bank was dumb enough not to verify the value of Trumps assets then it that Trumps fault?

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

The point stands. Something smells rotten and the House Dems are closing in on it! 

I know! Let’s get another Special Counsel to investigate this one. We must have a spare $35 million lying around the swamp somewhere.

14 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

First    Not sure what misspelling ! ( on an unrelated note, the glitch seems not to happen when I lost from phone)

2) all for everyone releasing their tax return. I have no problem showing mine to anyone. I have never boasted nor deny any income I do or do not make , taxes I paid, deductions etc. I am all for someone running for Federal elective office needs to release 3 years of returns. 

3) I don’t know that he is audited, you don’t know he is audited. I would be fine him showing the notice of audit, which I suspect he would have done had he in fact been audited all 5 years. 

4) you say it’s no one s damn business what he makes etc. I think it is 100 % my business to know if the POTUS  might have issues that could compromise his decision making ability. Don’t want to release them, don’t run for President. 

The philosophy outlined here is part of the reason we are constantly dealing with the garbage we get from elected officials of all shapes, sizes and stripes.  

"I have nothing to hide, I have no problem showing mine to anyone." 

That's not really the issue.  The question really is if your political enemies--people willing to accuse you of sedition, theft, tax fraud, sexual assault, conspiring with foreign governments, spousal abuse, crimes against women and children- had a platform to intimidate you publically day in, day out with no fear of retribution, well what's the fallout of that?  

By design, it's 100% NOT your business to know what's in the tax returns of another citizen, and in the case of DJT, he was elected by the people to lead the nation after he opted not to release his returns.  The fact that his decision to withhold might be a reason you would not cast your vote for him is absolutely your right, and you should proceed accordingly. 

We are in historic times.  We're witnessing the unraveling of a scheme to weaponize the intelligence community and corruption at the highest levels of our government, and ordinary citizens are sitting back and thinking "Well, if they have nothing to hide, what's the big deal?".

The disproven allegation of Russian collusion ensnared many, many members of Team Trump and his family.  The allegation was not that DJT took a briefcase of cash from Vlad on the midnight train from Milan to Minsk, it was an alleged conspiracy with players inside his family and out.  To really analyze this matter, wouldn't we--the people---need to see the tax returns of every family member and every high ranking official in a president's extended circle?  And why on earth would we limit the request to 3 years?  Certainly, we would not be so foolish to stop at the election, either.  I'd think we, the people, would have the right to see the tax returns, family trusts and estate plans post-admin, for the duration for every admin official to make sure our interests are served long after they leave their post.  I'd think we would want the from everyone, for the life of the candidate plus, 10 years. 

I'd think if people have have nothing to hide, they would embrace this type of scrutiny for the  greater good. If they choose not to, they should not pursue a career in the public sector, and not be related to someone who does.  How do we know those Obama girls have not benefited financially from those pallets of cash sent over to the Middle East? Are we so foolish to believe that only adult children like DJT jr can be co-conspirators or worse, unwitting dupes to a massive scheme to defraud the American people? 

Or, we could let the appropriate tax authorities do what they do, even for the candidates you might favor and I might despise.  I'd think the near-limitless power of the IRS provides a reasonable deterrent to crimes, and after 70+ years on this earth and 50+ in the public eye, I'm thinking DJTs financial situation was looked at prettty thoroughly. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

The irony remains is that members of Congress and their families are subject to far fewer laws & regulations governing conflicted holdings.  Can't say this enough - if anyone in the US financial industry would try to conduct self-dealing that Congress gets away with, they would be fired on the spot and probably face jail time.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GG said:

The irony remains is that members of Congress and their families are subject to far fewer laws & regulations governing conflicted holdings.  Can't say this enough - if anyone in the US financial industry would try to conduct self-dealing that Congress gets away with, they would be fired on the spot and probably face jail time.

You mean Maxine Waters hasn’t made all her money running a convenience store in south central LA? No!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I agree all these things should be investigated...i am not aware of this particular story, and will not form/base any opinions on a tweet, but that sounds kinda bad on the surface. Any more details?

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Banks do their own appraisals of property. Doesn’t matter what a borrower says. If the bank was dumb enough not to verify the value of Trumps assets then it that Trumps fault?

I do not think it is okay to inflate assets on a loan application..fraud statutes come into play

The Dems invested heavily in the Mueller Report, but were disappointed by the outcome. Remember the weeping and wailing about the sanctity of Mueller himself?

He required protection at all costs from the Hitlerian madman in the White House.

Left free to run wild with a team of subpoena wielding Clintonian partisans, Mueller delivered too much of nothing. The Dems went bust on their investment.

Those Clintonian partisans on Mueller’s team heavily seeded Volume II with markers pointing the way for their Democratic friends in the House of Representatives. Volume II might have been inspired by a close reading of Hansel and Gretel. It partakes of the qualities of a grim fairly tale, not a Grimm fairy tale: a fairy tale written by lawyers stretching a bad case to please an immature audience having troubles with deferred gratification.

For their friends in Congress Mueller’s team pointed the way home. We are to believe that Trump corruptly impeded the investigation of crimes he didn’t commit — even though he withheld approximately nothing from the investigators?

The Dems’ impeachment mania is inversely proportional to the merits of their case against Trump. It represents one branch of their refusal to accept the results of the 2016 election. To borrow a metaphor used in Fourth Amendment law, it is the fruit of the poisonous tree.

The Mueller investigation purported to address Russian meddling in the election and the Trump campaign’s alleged cooperation with it. The cooperation has been at the center of the Trump hatefest conducted by the Democrats and their media adjunct since the 2016 election. They — both the Democrats and their media adjunct — whipped their followers into a frenzy.

Now what? The frenzy must be appeased. That’s not Trump’s blood in the water. It’s their own spittle.

While the Democrats decry Trump’s alleged authoritarian or monarchical attributes, they themselves happily subvert constitutional norms to placate their most rabid supporters. Why not? Their accusations against Trump reflect nothing but cynicism, but their hatred is entirely sincere.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/05/impeachment-mania.php

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I know! Let’s get another Special Counsel to investigate this one. We must have a spare $35 million lying around the swamp somewhere.

Well....that would only be about 1/3 the cost we are paying for Trump to pay golf, so at least this would be better spent that way. 

1 hour ago, GG said:

ya right. The Wall streeters would be sent on their way with golden parachutes 

• Like (+1) 1