Impeachment Hearings Open In House Of Representatives

Tiberius

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

No clue. 

I appreciate your honesty.  Who stole Tibs' log in?

But this was exactly my point.  A tax return will likely not show anything  that will determine anything with ties to Russia.  Now my tax return is just a tad bit less complicated but most returns are numbers not where the numbers came from.  That comes from a audit.  So having said that asking for Trump's taxes with regard to Russia is stupid and 100% political.  Thanks for playing.  

19 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

But this was exactly my point.  A tax return will likely not show anything  that will determine anything with ties to Russia.  Now my tax return is just a tad bit less complicated but most returns are numbers not where the numbers came from.  That comes from a audit.  So having said that asking for Trump's taxes with regard to Russia is stupid and 100% political.  Thanks for playing.  

Fine, then they should just release it. Don't you agree? 

You saying it's just stupid is only a political argument, too. 

35 minutes ago, Bakin said:

This is a 100% accurate statement. 

Oh the little people have to take their shots when they can! :lol:

13 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

oh, it's 100% political, and has been from before the 2016 election...and is that a bad thing?

My gut is if they can get his tax returns from 16, 17, and 18 tax years.....this is what people will focus in on..and what the Dems hope will be borne out.

( i am not stating these as fact, just what they hope would be gleaned)

1)how much the tax law helped him personally

2) How little he pays in taxes..and how he uses offshore companies etc to offload tax burden

3) Interest and such for foreign banks with strong banking privacy laws

4) if he committed fraud on any loan applications/insurance filings by using inflated asset values that are much differnt than those stated on tax returns.

and let's not forget, the request I believe covers all the administrative stuff that goes along with tax returns...like noties of audits etc. 

They hope to hit him at his base...which will not like if any of the above are true

• Thank you (+1) 1

_______

From today's creepy Trump presser where he cried a lot and spewed more lies, like this one: 

Well, it turns I’m the most — and I think most of you would agree to this — I’m the most transparent president, probably in the history of this country.

:lol::lol:

I don't do coverups. You people know that probably better than anybody.

:lol: No? Telling subordinates to lie? Hinting at pardons for others? Tweeting about Cohen's in laws before he testifies? 

How did this this con man get millions of people to vote for him???

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

And what part of his tax return would you look at to see if there was any nefarious dealings with the Russians going on? 

they keep forgetting that some day they will be back in power and will get what they dished out TEN-FOLD right in the face...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

oh, it's 100% political, and has been from before the 2016 election...and is that a bad thing?

My gut is if they can get his tax returns from 16, 17, and 18 tax years.....this is what people will focus in on..and what the Dems hope will be borne out.

2) How little he pays in taxes..and how he uses offshore companies etc to offload tax burden

4) if he committed fraud on any loan applications/insurance filings by using inflated asset values that are much differnt than those stated on tax returns.

and let's not forget, the request I believe covers all the administrative stuff that goes along with tax returns...like noties of audits etc. 

They hope to hit him at his base...which will not like if any of the above are true

Asset values to a great extent won't be found on a tax return.  Tax laws don't "help" Trump.  He is simply required to follow the laws like anyone else.   Components in the tax laws that reduce a person or a company's tax obligation are widely known among Congress people.  If they want to eliminate some of the non-cash deductions that real estate developers are likely to use (such as depreciation or 1031 exchanges) then they can work to change the laws.  Fat chance they do that as many of them have real estate holdings. 

• Like (+1) 2

real estate tax stuff isn't remotely the same as it was in the 80s and 90s

his huge downfall financially, at the time, was COMPLETE COVERAGE on all news and entertainment and financial media outlets, the collapse of the Berlin Wall was page 26 compared to Trump's problems

he has freely stated he didn't like the tax rules he used legally, but that was good business sense

32 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Fine, then they should just release it. Don't you agree? 

You saying it's just stupid is only a political argument, too. 

Nope don't care.  Not one bit. Left/Right/Center.  Their tax return will concern me not one bit as to how they will run the country.  None of my ***** business.  So saying it's stupid is anything but political.  

32 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Can you point to which line on a tax return will show this?

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

M'kay... so I've written here before how complicated our little holdings make our tax returns. There is a reason there are permanent hires (CPAs and tax attorneys) constantly working on Trump's taxes, and it ain't something you, me, or the MSM can understand without the underlying documents and in a "release".

As far as "offshore companies" and "interest at foreign banks" ... holy *****, go read the damn tax laws. We have a gold holding in Switzerland- that we have to report every stinking year whether or not it has changed. Forms and more forms. We have a foreign bank account - which are almost impossible for Americans to get anymore due to IRS hassling, and if you said due to more reporting and forms, you would be correct.

Anyone who has any assets of any worth is now tracked constantly.  Trusts can't avoid some things (we have trusts, again, paperwork). 

His taxes are NONE of our business. The super friendly IRS /snark has made very certain President Trump and his companies are paying every single nickel the IRS thinks he should pay.

If this succeeds, I wonder if a hard look at some Democratic leaders taxes should happen- with a public release, of course!

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Nope don't care.  Not one bit. Left/Right/Center.  Their tax return will concern me not one bit as to how they will run the country.  None of my ***** business.  So saying it's stupid is anything but political.  

Can you point to which line on a tax return will show this?

You are saying its stupid to criticize the effort to get transparency. 

Do you think its stupid to hide the tax returns?? By your own logic, you should reach that conclusion. Right? 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Do you think its stupid to hide the tax returns?? By your own logic, you should reach that conclusion. Right? 

Who's hiding anything? That's the equivalent of saying someone's hiding their genitals by putting on underwear. Trump's tax returns are not our business unless the IRS says there's a problem.

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He is being 100% transparent.  You do realize that right?

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

And what part of his tax return would you look at to see if there was any nefarious dealings with the Russians going on? 

That box you check for income from illegal foreign sources?

it's form    ID 10 T

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gary M said:

That box you check for income from illegal foreign sources?

it's form    ID 10 T

They're hoping to find a K1 from Russia Collusion LTD with a net distribution of $1 billion. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, keepthefaith said:

Asset values to a great extent won't be found on a tax return.  Tax laws don't "help" Trump.  He is simply required to follow the laws like anyone else.   Components in the tax laws that reduce a person or a company's tax obligation are widely known among Congress people.  If they want to eliminate some of the non-cash deductions that real estate developers are likely to use (such as depreciation or 1031 exchanges) then they can work to change the laws.  Fat chance they do that as many of them have real estate holdings. 

Again, they want his returns to simply say “ Trump paid x % in 16, and paid y ( y being much smaller) after HIS tax law. Perception is what counts. 

36 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

He is being 100% transparent.  You do realize that right?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! 

Wow! Just wow! 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

When does the House start investigating Biden and his sons returns?

You guys lost the House, so you can't do that. You guys wasted all your political capital on the nothingburger of a Benghazi investigation.