Impeachment Hearings Open In House Of Representatives

Tiberius

Is this the best Democrats can do?

Washington Post, by Karen Tumulty

Original Article

The Democrats of the House Judiciary Committee would like you to think of their work as a second coming of the Watergate investigation. But what we’ve seen so far looks more like those tedious panels of squabbling pundits you can catch on cable television pretty much any night of the week.

Whether all of this leads to impeachment proceedings against President Trump, Americans deserve a better caliber of oversight than the performance we saw on Monday.

More Cabinet officials face legal trouble. “The House Oversight and Reform Committee’s contempt recommendation for Attorney General William P. Barr and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross sets up a possible vote on the House floor in the coming weeks. It was the culmination of a monthslong dispute with the administration over the panel’s efforts to compel testimony from top officials and documents related to the census question. The vote was mostly along party lines, with only one Republican, Representative Justin Amash of Michigan, the sole member of his party to call for Mr. Trump’s impeachment, supporting it."

WASHINGTON — The Democratic-led House Intelligence Committee said on Thursday that it had issued two new subpoenas demanding that Michael T. Flynn, President Trump’s former national security adviser, and Rick Gates, a former top Trump campaign aide, provide testimony and documents related to their interactions with Russians and other foreign powers.

The subpoenas, dated Wednesday, are tied to the Intelligence Committee’s investigation of Russia’s attempts to influence the American political system and whether Russia or other foreign interests could have influence over Mr. Trump, his family or associates.

Mr. Flynn and Mr. Gates played key roles providing information and testimony to Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel who investigated Russia’s 2016 election influence campaign, and could boost efforts by House Democrats to raise the profile of Mr. Mueller’s conclusions with the public if they cooperate.

Representative Adam B. Schiff of California, the Intelligence Committee’s chairman, said Thursday that the subpoenas were necessary because Mr. Flynn and Mr. Gates had so far refused to fully cooperate with the committee voluntarily.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/13/us/politics/michael-flynn-rick-gates-subpoena-russia.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Is this why Flynn got new lawyers? So he can stonewall over his dealings with foreign powers? 

I am hereby calling for an investigation into Congressional obstruction of the people's rights to a functioning legislative body. I do so with full knowledge and belief that the majority political party in the House of Representatives is focused on attacking the current administration in the most venal and shortsighted manner at the expense of attending to the positive work of addressing the problems, desires, and present and future well-being of their constituents. 

Within the context of the investigation sought above, I have been granted absolute immunity by my wife.

7 hours ago, Hedge said:

Is that the fastest closed door testimony has ever been released?  And quickly skimming, it was kinda funny... the DOJ attorney and her attorney's  "Objection", "Objection", "Objection", "Objection"... all so the press can say, "Hope Hicks refused to answer questions!" Shesh  I'll let legal minds looks for the nuggets, but it looks like she was called in to be harassed. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

From the article:

Steyer spent more than $73 million during the 2018 election cycle, according to Federal Election Commission records. All of the donations were to Democratic or liberal campaigns and political committees.

Imagine the ROI he was expecting for that $73M. 

I realize that's chump change for Steyer, but it still makes me smile.

• Like (+1) 2

Nadler, in his feeble mind was somehow thinking that by calling her Mrs. Lewandowski that it was a put down. He's an asswipe that is so short and fat that dogs most likely confuse him with a fire hydrant and piss all over him.