2019 NFL Combine updates

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Can't decide if this means he actually won't throw or if his camp is trying to create this narrative that he's just too competitive; that they basically tied him up to stop him from going out and throwing but he's gonna break free and do it anyways because he loves football so much.

I imagine he doesn't want to throw, or probably run, because he's being trying to gain weight like crazy- and stretch out his hands and stuff for measurements.

Edited by SWATeam

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I actually could see the Raiders taking him at 4. Gruden used to be obsessed with Calvin Johnson - another physical freak WR. And they need a #1. 

Wouldn't that be something? Trade a former #4 overall WR who goes on to show that he's a bona fide WR1 for a late 1st rounder just to turn around and spend the #4 overall pick on a WR that might not be a WR1?

Amazing

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I actually could see the Raiders taking him at 4. Gruden used to be obsessed with Calvin Johnson - another physical freak WR. And they need a #1. 

Yeah, I think the Raiders and Jets are real possibilities for Metcalf

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Can we stop comparing him to Mayfield in terms of size? Mayfield measured 6’1 at the combine. 

Basically identical to Wilson size-wise though and far more athletic. Like half an inch shorter and a few pounds heavier (if that's actually his real weight and he didn't just put some weight on for the Combine).

Edit: I personally don't think it's a big deal; I think Kyler is a really good QB prospect regardless of how he measured today. But this definitely matters to people in the NFL.

Edited by DCOrange

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

People acting like Russ isn’t an anomaly 

The list of QBs under 6 feet who succeed is definitely “short”

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I really hope Murray goes #1 cause I want to see certain factions within this board meltdown when “Right Josh” gets sent packing after 1 season. ? 

I would absolutely love for this to happen. Would

make for a super exciting draft. Send the Giants and Jags and maybe Broncos completely scrambling to grab Haskins or Lock. 

Edited by Bills2ref

12 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Basically identical to Wilson size-wise though and far more athletic. Like half an inch shorter and a few pounds heavier (if that's actually his real weight and he didn't just put some weight on for the Combine).

Edit: I personally don't think it's a big deal; I think Kyler is a really good QB prospect regardless of how he measured today. But this definitely matters to people in the NFL.

Baker measured 6’1. He’s 3 inches shorter. They are different QBs. Very different. I’m not even saying baker was the better overall prospect  - I’ve simply been saying for months they are just different yet people keep saying he’s #1 because baker went #1 so obviously he should too. . But other than playing in the same system and winning the heisman  the comparisons should end there and whether he goes #1 should be based on his own merit. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Apparently Kyler was at St Elmo’s last night and our local radio host was standing next to him who said he’s been 5’10 his whole life and is now 40. He said he was taller than Kyler standing next to him. He said he’s absolutely shocked he’s measured over 5’10. He said from talking to people at the combine, the hype is out of control on Murray and it’s all based on mayfield’s success.