2019 NFL Combine updates

YoloinOhio

31 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Nope.

Brown had more catches and TDs than DK prior to his injury.

And no, missing on a QB doesn't set a franchise back at all...unless a team is unwilling to draft another QB.

But hey, if you think it's a good idea to trade up for a guy that averaged 3 receptions per game in college and shows very little ability to execute an NFL route tree, then that's your prerogative.

I'm not convinced yet

Interesting fact: the Bills haven’t drafted an Ole Miss player since 1976. And while I try to never judge a player based on the school he went to, I do think that Ole Miss players tend to have a pretty high fail rate (relatively speaking) in the pros. LaQuon Treadwell was another Ole Miss specimen who had route running issues coming out of college. He has been a real disappointment so far. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ole_Miss_Rebels_in_the_NFL_Draft

48 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

You mean like Josh Allen in college?  This board is weird.

People go all season complaining that Allen doesn't have enough weapons on offense.  Here you have just what the doctor ordered and people are apprehensive. 

I've been talking about D.K. since October.  Watch his highlights and tell me what you don't see that you just saw at the combine.

Allen was very good in college. He took over a terrible 2-win team and got that team to bowl games twice.

• Like (+1) 1

Now that the smoke has settled, I’m not sold on Metcalf being what we need to make our offense go.

I still feel like Jonah Williams/Jawaan Taylor at 9, or a slight trade down and grab Dillard or Risner is the way to go.

Then in round 2 grab their favorite WR that’s still on the board.

11 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Interesting fact: the Bills haven’t drafted an Ole Miss player since 1976. And while I try to never judge a player based on the school he went to, I do think that Ole Miss players tend to have a pretty high fail rate (relatively speaking) in the pros. LaQuon Treadwell was another Ole Miss specimen who had route running issues coming out of college. He has been a real disappointment so far. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ole_Miss_Rebels_in_the_NFL_Draft

Allen was very good in college. He took over a terrible 2-win team and got that team to bowl games twice.

DK could have went to school on the moon for all I care.  Putting this creature on the outside paired with Allen's arm...  absolute boom potential.  If he were a completely clean prospect, we'd have no shot at 9.  Swing for the fences.

3 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Now that the smoke has settled, I’m not sold on Metcalf being what we need to make our offense go.

I still feel like Jonah Williams/Jawaan Taylor at 9, or a slight trade down and grab Dillard or Risner is the way to go.

Then in round 2 grab their favorite WR that’s still on the board.

I want to address tackle in FA.  Interior OL in the draft.

Top 10 pick should be Metcalf or one of the front 7 defensive studs, IMO

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Worries me that ~60% of an NFL route tree will be difficult for him to execute.

Of course, for an E-P team like the Bills, that wouldn't be as big a concern.

That 3 cone is more than concerning, shocking actually, after his earlier results. For those going on about “the next Julio” it should give them pause when you see Metcalf’s time in the 3cone agility drill was over a full half second slower. Straight line explosiveness is just not as critical as agility in wideouts. 

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I feel like we are trading down, or getting whichever one of these defensive linemen who drop to 9. Someone will be there.

54 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Quinnen Williams with an unofficial 4.87. Good lord. That’s a large fast mammal. 

I really hope the Jets don't get him or Bosa. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, NewEra said:

Metcalf is too 6 now?  Lol.  This is crazy.  Dude isn’t that good.  I’d still consider it a reach at 9 as he won’t be top 9 on my BPA list

Guess you’ve never seen him....

If you want to slag him in the future,  your better argument is injuries and/or inexperience FWIW.

Looking to me like the top 4 could look a lot like:

Murray

Q Williams

Bosa

DK

18 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Guess you’ve never seen him....

If you want to slag him in the future,  your better argument is injuries and/or inexperience FWIW.

He was invisible for a number of games. 

It's hardly a crazy opinion.