2019 NFL Combine updates

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Which is why I compared him to Lawson who went around pick 20 despite a freakish combine instead of Clowney. 

Yes Clowney and Miles Garrett, Bosa That’s why those guys were top picks. Lower body strength and the ability to maintain the edge and hold off OTs. I just see Sweat being a 15-20 guy. There’s better talent that will be there at 9.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Ben said:

I actually think Devin White could be in play at 9 with Lorax in his last year and Milano coming off the broken leg.

I think they look to FA to fill Lorax's shoes.  As for Milano, barring any unforeseen setbacks, he'll be just fine.

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I know it's early, but I've been saying it for awhile, there is going to be some damn good defensive talent sitting there for us at 9. Guys who are better than any offensive player - linemen or skill position - in this draft. We would be crazy to pass one up to draft for need. 

And I'm confident we won't.  But I can still see the board implosion when it happens.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

This just in. Devin White is an absolute stud.

He’s my sleeper. He could very well be BPA when the Bills pick. McD would have his new Davis/Kuechly tandem set.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Now that the smoke has settled, I’m not sold on Metcalf being what we need to make our offense go.

I still feel like Jonah Williams/Jawaan Taylor at 9, or a slight trade down and grab Dillard or Risner is the way to go.

Then in round 2 grab their favorite WR that’s still on the board.

Yep!

1 minute ago, eball said:

And I'm confident we won't.  But I can still see the board implosion when it happens.

The meltdowns will be epic. 24 hours of “they refuse to surround Allen with any weapons/they refuse to protect Allen he will  be running for his life/Jauron 2.0 only cares about defense/the Bills are living in 1985/wahhhhhh” and that’s just the radio hosts. Until they take offense Day 2 and everyone puts the binky away.

the Bills could draft the next Lawrence Taylor at 9 and some would still complain because it wasn’t offense 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

He’s my sleeper. He could very well be BPA when the Bills pick. McD would have his new Davis/Kuechly tandem set.

Matt Milano was (arguably) the best player on the Bills 2nd ranked defense. Seems like he's being casually dismissed.

I'm just not keen on drafting a 6'1 LB at 9.

Edited by BillsSB2020

14 minutes ago, Ben said:

I actually think Devin White could be in play at 9 with Lorax in his last year and Milano coming off the broken leg.

From what I've read he plays MLB so I don't know if he fills a need. I guess he could play outside too.

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

From what I've read he plays MLB so I don't know if he fills a need. I guess he could play outside too.

Move Edmunds to LorAx's spot. They can split snaps at off-ball LB and EDGE. Both will still be on the field a ton, but you're putting Edmunds in a role more suited to his athletic gifts 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Move Edmunds to LorAx's spot. They can split snaps at off-ball LB and EDGE. Both will still be on the field a ton, but you're putting Edmunds in a role more suited to his athletic gifts 

Now you're cooking with gas!

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Exactly. Adding White would allow a tremendous amount of flexibility with Edmunds. There would still be plenty of snaps for Milano too because of his coverage abilities. 

1 minute ago, DCbillsfan said:

Now you're cooking with gas!

Just now, Juice_32 said:

Exactly. Adding White would allow a tremendous amount of flexibility with Edmunds. There would still be plenty of snaps for Milano too because of his coverage abilities. 

Yup.

Edmunds could be an all pro EDGE defender if he's allowed to play in a Donta Hightower type role.

Not that he's BAD as a Mike, but lesser athletes with better instincts can do that job. To be the kind of hellacious EDGE defender that dominates on Sunday, ya gotta have an ATHLETE