2019 NFL Combine updates

YoloinOhio

38 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Metcalf is too 6 now?  Lol.  This is crazy.  Dude isn’t that good.  I’d still consider it a reach at 9 as he won’t be top 9 on my BPA list

Teams fall in love with elite measureables. Its all potential at this point. Theres a decent amount of people that think he can become a better route runner. If so the sky is the limit for him. The injury put a damper on things.

Nobody knows what he will turn into. Look at Foster he eclipsed his college totals in his first year on one of the worst offenses in the league. Production in college isnt the be all and end all. 

Could definetly see him being high on beanes board. He seems to like high ceiling elite athleticism players. Look at Allen and Edmunds.

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

24 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

D.K. is going to the Bills at #9.  You all are going to have to deal with that.

This time last year 70%, or more, of this board wanted nothing to do with Josh Allen and were calling him a "day 2" guy.

He will be gone before are pick! 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I got a feeling he goes Top 10..

Someone will roll the dice..might be Beane... he loves him some high ceiling..

He does, but I think drafting a QB is different than any other position.  Taking a chance on Josh Allen in the top 10 is one thing.

At WR it's a totally different thing.  Beane just this past week he doesn't believe in a prototypical number one WR.  I wouldn't

be mad if he grabbed Metcalfe though.

Look for guys at whatever position (but this year specifically OL, DL and TE) that has the following:

* A history of production over time

* High end athletic traits/size for their position

* A leader on their college team

* Position versatility

* A known, good work ethic

* A player who stacked games together over time (healthy or available)

* Film that consistently shows a player who plays with a passion/motor

* Clean off the field (As much as anyone can know the type of person one is)

This seems to be Beane and McD's M.O. in the first three rounds of draft.

Metcalfe would fit some of that.  The healthy/available thing is big with this Bills regime, in general though.

It all depends on Free Agency.  Do they get a WR in FA or trade?  Or do they focus on OL?  Interesting few

weeks coming up.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I don't think he'll even be available at 9. That was my fear going into the combine.

I’m fine with Butler at 9 if he isn’t. I said a month or so ago that the WR Class was much better than was being talked about. IIRC I said two guys will go in the top 15. 

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

If NE doesn't take him  at the end of rd 1 and he's there when we pick in rd 2, do you grab him?

I would not take him early in round 2.  I’d rather see them get an OL or WR, especially if they take a DL in 1st, but even if they take a OL in first, I would not be against taking another in 2nd.

I do expect the Bills to pursue OL in FA, but I’m not expecting a huge haul at that position that will address all of the OL needs.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Teams fall in love with elite measureables. Its all potential at this point. Theres a decent amount of people that think he can become a better route runner. If so the sky is the limit for him. The injury put a damper on things.

Nobody knows what he will turn into. Look at Foster he eclipsed his college totals in his first year on one of the worst offenses in the league. Production in college isnt the be all and end all. 

Could definetly see him being high on beanes board. He seems to like high ceiling elite athleticism players. Look at Allen and Edmunds.

I realize that.  Just don’t agree that he’ll be a top 6 pick. 

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

And yet Metcalf had 30 catches last year and averaged 3 receptions per game in the SEC...

To me, he's an athlete trying to play football right now 

You may choose to add Christian Wilkins to that list 

Agreed - Wilkins has dominated at a high level of competition and has the character traits that the Bills are after.

For all those saying Metcalf at 9 is a no-brainer: With the 40 time he just put up, there's a chance he's not even THERE at 9. 

If he is, I think the Bills have already shown that they like supreme athletic specimens by drafting Edmunds and Allen. The question is how they feel about his health and his college production.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Normally I’m against picking WRs in first round but I’d definitely go with Metclaf if he’s there at 10.  Dude is Calvin Johnson.2.0

Johnson was 2inches taller and 6-8lb heavier. I dunno if we’ll ever see a 2.0.